von Squid2403, vor einem Jahr
Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternen
I like this addon, but it recently started to glitch out and rapidly change between zoom levels and replace the webpages with blank screens, and the problem only stopped when I disabled the addon
- von Vincent, vor 11 StundenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenSince once of the recent Firefox updates saved zoom settings don't apply right away when you load the page again and you have to change them to something else and then change them back :(
Edit: updated to 18.1 everything works fine again, thank you!
- von Ramakrishna, vor einem TagBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenWhy to add this addon anymore? I discover Firefox added default zoom in version 73! It is under Options, General, Zoom. This was big problem before because Firefox can remember and save after changing site but always started with the 100%. But since v73 you can change starting level to something other 100%. Maybe some very special zoom mode exists with this addon but I think for most user there is no reason anymore. I use zoom addons for long time like No Squint because it was necessary, now I don't think so. Also I have some doubts about the permissions. Why zoom needs to access all data like password entered on site.Zoom Page WE does a lot more than just changing the default zoom level, for example, AutoFit Zoom, Text Only Zoom and Minimum Font Size. The permission to access data for all websites is necessary to provide these advanced zoom features. Please the reply to Zigbi below for more details.
- von Zigbi, vor einem TagBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenReverted to version 17.3 and now all the site zoom levels I had built over 2 years are gone. Unacceptably unprofessional software development approach, this is more than just a broken untested update it is a destructive update.
I have migrated to Fixed Zoom by Ariel which works and only needs the permission:
Access browser tabs
Zoom Page We needs permissions:
Read and modify browser settings
Display notifications to you
Access browser tabs
Access browser activity during navigation
Access your data for all websites
I previously thought these permissions were necessary and named in a scary way by Firefox but seeing Fixed Zoom can do the same thing without them I question whether Zoom Page WE should be used at all, even if the update is fixed.
I strongly recommend moving to Fixed Zoom or some other alternative.Zoom Page WE 18.1 fixes this problem.
Zoom Page WE does a lot more than just changing the default zoom level, for example, AutoFit Zoom, Text Only Zoom and Minimum Font Size. The permissions listed above are necessary to provide these advanced zoom features.
To provide these advanced zoom features, Zoom Page WE needs to be able to inject a content script into each web page. This is reported by Firefox as having permission to access data for all websites. Zoom Page WE is not interested in the meaning of the data and does not do anything with the data other than changing the size of text and images.
- von Upa, vor 2 TagenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenWhat happened? Is it just a bad update to be fixed or has this version deleted my per site settings? Will I have to start all over again now?Unfortunately, there was a problem with Version 18.0 which prevented per-site zoom being applied correctly.
Please follow the steps below to revert to Version 17.3.
In Firefox, go to Tools > Add-ons and remove Zoom Page WE (Version 18.0).
Then install Version 17.13 from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/zoom-page-we/versions/
- von Michael, vor 2 TagenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenHow can I go back to the previous version? I can't find anything on addons.mozilla org. Apparently 18.0 has been removed in the meantime, but I would like to prevent uninstalling and re-installing again, as my configuration might get lost. Is there any other/better way?
EDIT: As I didn't want to uninstall and re-install an older version again (because of loss of the configuration), I did just wait and now installed 18.1 - this now seems to work again.
But as other users already stated, this is poor testing before releasing an update. I mean, the general default zoom for all sites is the main function of this add-on (at least for me), and if even that doesn't work, it's completely useless.
- von mikamves, vor 2 TagenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenLike other people below must said that version 18 is quite buggy. Zooming doesn't work properly, sometimes zoom only text, sometimes everything, it's basically random. Level of zoom per site is broken. Firefox zoom button on address bar sometimes disappear. So, despite RMB+Wheel zooming is working now, I went back to the previous version.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13419434, vor 2 TagenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenBis Version 18.0 war es ein super Add-On, jetzt taugt es nichts mehr. Bin manuell zurück auf 17.3. und habe die autom. Updates deaktiviert. Alles wieder gut. Aber ein Update sollte nicht dazu da sein Funktionalität zu zerstören.
- von Alex Efros, vor 2 TagenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenUpdate to 18.0 broke default full zoom. (CSS and Text zoom still works, but it's not what I need.) Had to downgrade to previous version and disable auto-updates for all extensions. :(
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16376563, vor 3 TagenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenLatest update (18.0) broke the extension. Default zoom levels are not working anymore. Even worse: Dev says the extension is Open Source (GPL v2) but there is no link to any source code what so ever. I hate that. Dev, please provide a link to the source code! -Edit, apparently the source code is the add-on itself. Thanks dev!
I can at least confirm that the previous version (Version 17.13) works. You can install that from addons.mozilla.org.Zoom Page WE 18.1 fixes this problem.
To view the source code, go to the Zoom Page WE home page on Firefox Browser Add-ons, right-click on the ‘Add to Firefox’ button, select ‘Save Link As...’ and save the file. Unzip the saved file to see the source code.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12943087, vor 3 TagenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenExtremely poorly tested updates. I'm running fresh Windows 10 (fully updated), the newest stable release of Firefox, and even with the browser uninstalled, then user profile completely removed by deleting C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla and then the browser reinstalled again (so no other extensions could possibly get into the way of this extension) 18.0 still didn't work properly (after reopening the browser the extension displays the previously set zoom levels on the toolbar icon but these zoom settings don't actually get applied to any website).
Find another extension if you need reliability or at the very least turn off updates for this extension.
- von jonzilla5000, vor 3 TagenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenAs of today (Feb 24,2021) the app is no longer working for default text size. The badge shows the default text size I have had set for the last several years, but it doesn't take affect until I hit zoom (then it zooms to the next higher level).
- von Droiyan7 (Yi, JoonHo), vor 15 TagenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenCause very weird look of PDX's new forum. - https://i.imgur.com/XVIP6HT.png
What it looks normal without Zoom Page - https://i.imgur.com/pGBrowL.png
Would you look into this?
- von PanosV, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenPrefect in every way. Firefox update broke it though in a way: right-click + scroll zooms page in/out fine, but also SCROLLS PAGE. It becomes really disorienting. Maybe a patch is needed. Again, that's Firefox's fault and a workaround is welcome! (ff ver 84.0.2 64bit)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15129930, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenNice extension! will be great if you can increase font size to more than 28px.
Thank you again for this awesome extension, was thinking of something like adding an option to be able to edit the drop down list for font size like the zoom levels and able to increase size to 32-34 px or more.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16534120, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenIt doesn't work well with this site: https://smallformfactor.net/
All the text looks larger than it should be, and as long as I stop this add-on, it just back to normal.