- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon MERKgruber4, vor 4 JahrenAmazing extension. Seeing how much garbage that some websites try to load in the background is eye-opening. Figuring out how to unbreak some websites is actually kinda fun, even for an amateur like me. This extension gives you so much control over what you want to allow or block. Definitely recommended for anyone who's even slightly tech-savvy.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon blackskye, vor 4 JahrenI don't really mind most ads, however, I found that doubleclick will usually show some obnoxious and disgusting ads to me. And it was always that provider. So I actually use this extension to mostly block only one advertiser. But, it allows me to tweak other sites and such.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon G3N3S1S0N3, vor 4 JahrenThis is the absolute hands down best extension ever made, unless the developers are not to be trusted which I have no reason to believe that they aren't. This app is not for the inpatient, uneducated, stupid and idiotic fools. This app is for anyone willing to put forth the effort to learn what each site does and potentially can do. It takes time to learn and that is going to be frustrating for most users. Get over it because it is worth it!!!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon TAW, vor 4 JahrenAdvanced Script, Pixel and AdBlock. Sometimes even useable against antiadblock. The only thing i'd like to have would be an selective blocker (dont block all scripts but instead select them).
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon GraemeL, vor 4 JahrenA comprehensive and flexible privacy tool from the same author as uBlock Origin.
This is a tool more for experts than other fire-and-forget privacy options, but it's definitely worth spending time to learn how to use it and configure it around your browsing.
Works great as a companion to list-based solutions like uBlock Origin.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15331463, vor 4 JahrenThis extension is absolutely amazing. Now i can overview every single connection on every website i go to. Then i can decide what i want to allow and what i want to block. For example i want to allow Facebook on Facebook, but i dont want it to snoop on me when i am on the website for my healthcare provider writing to my doctor. There is absolutely no reason for Facebook or Google to follow me around the web. Well, there are reasons for them since they love to collect your personal data, but i dont want to provide either Google or Facebook with certain information, so when i see them on uMatrix dashboard, i simply block them.
I can block them for every site i visit, just tick the box if its not red already and confirm with clicking the padlock. Settings are saved! I can also block globally, for example i can block Google from spying on me no matter what website i go to, just use the global rules for blocking or allowing on every site, or set up different rules per site.
I have ads blocked for every site, i have blocked other crap too like spy domains that wants to connect and would connect if i didnt have this extension. Of course you can make global or local site rules for things you do want to connect. Works great out of the box with its setup so the learning curve can be as fast or slow as one wish. Just try it out to see how much creepy stuff there is out there that wants to connect to you while you are reading the news or writing a email. After that it wont be possible to use the internet without uMatrix.
Very much appreciated and million of thanks!!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15326422, vor 4 JahrenProbably the best you can get. Its really worth taking the time watching a YouTube tutorial to learn use uMatrix. Play around with settings what you want to allow or block and learn as you go.
Easily 5 stars here.