Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternen
I was looking for an Echofon replacement and this is the best one I could find, although it is far from Echofon in terms of usability and features.
The UI is much more pleasant than that of Echofon but a few key essential features are missing. They are :
1) Does not update twitter feed in the background when the sidebar is closed. Every time I open the sidebar, it asks me to choose my account (despite that being the only account) and it then pulls the feed. I would rather want it to keep polling at regular intervals in the background and show a notification with count for any new unread tweets.
1.1) Oh and having to choose that same account every time is also irritating, despite it being the only account.
2) When composing a tweet, it doesn't automatically shorten any URL in the tweet text. Echofon on the other hand does this conversion while composing the tweet itself and shows the number of remaining characters considering the length of the shortened url.
3) Related to the above feature, Echofon shows the actual URL (mostly truncated) instead of the "http://t.co/xxxx" wrapper urls. It gives you an idea as to what the link is about
4) Right clicking on a link does not give me an option to copy the link location, so that I can paste it somewhere else. I have to copy the link text by selecting it manually.
5) It does not have a custom user profile view. It instead opens the twitter page for that user. I generally am not logged into twitter website, so a custom view is more helpful for actions like follow/unfollow/block or sending direct messages after viewing a profile.
With these changes I think this will be an awesome replacement for Echofon.
Hello Brahmana,Once you login in Twitbin you can hide it by clicking on the bird icon and open it the same way, you don't have to login again and you'll see in red numbers above the icon the amount of new tweets (since you hide it). If you copy/paste the url it is shortened right away, also if you right click on the web and then choose "Tweet this Page!" but it has to contain the protocol http://, if not the url will be shortened after you send the tweet. In regard to points 3, 4 and 5 we'll try to add those features for a future version, we have added a lot of things because of users requests so it's very important for us to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your feedback, Brian.