Trufflepiggy - Quick Search is a cloud based search add-on. For a complete privacy overview also check out Trufflepiggy's website.
- Trufflepiggy - Quick Search is a content script that adds some functionality via the downloaded extension files to any website you visit.
- During this process no data will be transferred to the Trufflepiggy server at any time.
- As soon as you start Trufflepiggy by clicking on the browser add-on icon, using the shortcut, or the Trufflepiggy nose, Trufflepiggy will be loaded from its servers via an iframe. This setup allows not only cross-device but also cross-browser use. Which is pretty unique among search add-ons. Also most Trufflepiggy updates and new features can be deployed instantly instead of issuing an add-on update. So much faster bugfixes for you.
- When loading the iframe the add-on also transmits the currently visited website via GET parameter for context aware searches e.g. searching the currently visited website via Google, or run a whois search on the domain.
- When the iframe is loaded the add-on communicates with the iframe and vice versa to exchange information about the loading status, and local options.
- At this point Trufflepiggy doesn't save any information about the website you visit. Trufflepiggy only updates some general user data like last login time and view count if you are signed up. The same as you would visit Trufflepiggy's website directly.
- Per default only when you search something Trufflepiggy tracks some stats with the sole purpose that I can improve the service and evaluate new features. I track the following data: search term, if a shortcut was used, used search item, user id(if logged in), which extension was used, country, date, and referrer. This data won't be given to any 3rd parties.
- To prevent that the data above will be stored you can enable enhanced privacy in your add-on options.
- If you use incognito or private browsing none of the mentioned search data will be transmitted or saved from us. No matter what add-on options you have enabled.
I have the deepest respect for your privacy and your data will be treated with utmost discretion. So if you still have some questions please feel free to contact me any time.