- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon MadCake, vor 4 JahrenThe idea is great, but please consider adding the ability to monitor how much bandwidth is currently being used and limit the amount of bandwidth I am willing to dedicate to snowflake.Thanks for the suggestion.
We're working on that in,
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon EdwardJelico, vor 4 JahrenTolle Sache. beteilige ich mich gerne dran, um uneingeschränkten Zugang zum Internet zu bieten.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Amid, vor 4 JahrenFinally the number of users I helped circumvent censorship is not 0 anymore!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Jerry Mouse, vor 4 Jahren1."WebRTC feature is not detected."in Tor.
2.langueage/lingua/语言/sprache/lingvo/言語/язык/langue/زبان /,please.Tor Browser disables WebRTC, see https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/31222
We are working on localizing Snowflake in https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/30310
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon sanyy, vor 4 JahrenWhat do you mean by: "Not Censored"? Is there really a country without censorship?
Can we say that Germany is "not so much" censored so people who live there could help with this too?
PS.: Please do not mess with addons upon updating TTB. I hate disabling HTTPSEverywhere at every update.Yeah, the wording there is not very specific.
We're working on adding some checks to Snowflake so that it can detect when it is censored in a relevant way and can shut itself down to avoid poor user experiences.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13801775, vor 4 JahrenGreat, there is should be more easy ways (like this one) to support human rights.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon nitrohorse, vor 4 JahrenI did notice an odd behavior: before installing I had WebRTC disabled ("media.peerconnection.enabled = false"). After installing the extension, I then set "media.peerconnection.enabled = true" but I also had to disable and then re-enable the extension from about:addons for Snowflake to detect that WebRTC was now enabled in my browser.
Regardless, keep up the great work!Thanks for the feedback. This issue was noted at,
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon CG_ROM, vor 4 JahrenDoes not work, I can't find the opt in button
Edit. Okay, thank you for your answer.Sorry that you had a poor experience. We're working on improving the indication that the extension is indeed working as expected when you install it.
Please see https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/31109 for some ideas on that.
Unlike the webpage badge where you were required to opt-in, the extension is "on" by default. We reasoned that opting-in was necessary for the webpage badge so that the casual user doesn't begin proxying traffic without their consent. However, since the user explicitly requested to install the extension, it's safe to begin proxying right away.
For reference, see this conversation https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/30934#comment:18
Note that there is an "on"/"off" toggle to conveniently disable the extension without needing to uninstall it.
Also note that, at present, there're probably more proxies (ie. people who have installed the extension) than clients (ie. censored users trying to use the system) so you might not see many connections yet. Again, we're still working on how to frame this in the UI so that people who have installed the extension understand that it's working and useful. See the aforementioned task.
Thanks for trying it out.