von Darkoshi, vor 4 Jahren
Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternen
It's simple and it works. Having this add-on saved me the time of updating my old toggle doc colors add-on to work with Web Extensions, so thank you!
- von Dimitri001, vor 8 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenDear Manuel,
in the latest update (September 21, 2021) it seems that TWC no longer removes certain images that it previously used to.
While this is probably an improvement in most cases, in certain instances, the image removal was actually preferable.
Would it be possible for you to add the option of choosing whether to remove the images or not? It would be very helpful.
You could either make it an option (whether to remove images or not when toggling colors) or a separate toggle (toggle with image removal and one without).
- von Samuel, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI love this thing so much! It's the REASON I use Firefox mostly now because I wish it were available for Chrome. I like the ability to use it to override my System color with one click without going into the settings (I use a VERY dark and high contrast mode for my bad RP eyes.) This thing is a life safer for bad sites to go back to normal colors.
- von mrbil, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenSo, if you could make this remember domains (Reddit, Wikipedia, and such) so I don't have to click it every time I'll send ya money!It is "per tab" and not "per domain" and actually it is only meant for temporary use to make websites with bad color design readable.
Maybe what you want is "Stylish" which allows to enable custom styles per domain.
And: I usually don't take money for my open source work.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13507892, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenNice addon but it seems to mess with icons and some other elements, so I can't have it turned on by default in all new tabs. It would be nice if it were possible to whitelist domains that already have good color schemes.
Also, it took me forever to find the button: it's in the address bar, next to the pocket/bookmark buttons.
edit: no complaints about where the button is, I am just trying to help other people who also do c-f "button" or "find" in the reviews like I did. Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately the other add-on doesn't seem to avoid problems with images, etc and it doesn't have a whitelist feature, so I'll stick with the one that's tab-based!It has to be in the address bar as the icon changes depending on the website you visit. This is not easily possible with regular toolbar icons.
Messing with other stuff on websites is a common problem. There is no way around this. Maybe you want to have a look at my other "Toggle website colors" Add-on which uses a Firefox builtin feature and often provides better results. But, of course, it will operate globally and not per tab.
- von orangedeal, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenGreat addon! But I still did not understand how to use it. FF71. Configured the extension itself, the desired colors both in the extension and in the browser, but when I click on a menu item - no changes. Previously, I used toggleDocumentColors and everything was clear there - clicked - my colors - clicked again and the colors from the web page. But the "Toggle Website Colors (Global)" extension works as intended! Help?Please move this discussion to the Issue tracker on GitHub. The review system here does not fit for discussing your problem.
The colors, that have to be used by this addon have to be set in the addon's own setting page. The browser settings don't count here.
But for further help, please open an Issue so we can discuss this properly.
- von ChDutsov, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenPerfect addon! Just what I was looking for! It would be great if you add an option for a keyboard shortcut to change the colors. And the dropdown menus are completely transparent. Maybe if they have a little background (~50% opacity) it would be better.
Thanks for the great work!
It seems that there already is a support for shortcuts. You can set it from the default firefox menu. (Maybe it would be good to add just a short description in the 'About' for how it's done.
- von questionnaire, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenHi. Appreciate the work you're doing with this addon.
I have to agree with itaintmebabe. Add the option to toggle Always with Never (FF Options > Fonts & Colors) by clicking on your button. The problem is, the preset colors don't immediately kick in (there's always a slight delay), and it doesn't work on all pages, like mozilla.com, or FF Options page. Also, if I reload a page, the colors go back to web site colors and then switch to preset colors.
Before switching to FF:Q, I was using toggleDocumentColors addon (https://addons.thunderbird.net/de/seamonkey/addon/toggledocumentcolors-198916/?src=userprofile). The way I had it set up in FF Options (Fonts & Colors) was, I enabled "Use system colors" (dark bluish grey background with bright grey text) and changed the links colors. Then I set the Override the colors specified... to Always. toggleDocumentColors would then switch between page colors and my system colors any time I hit the button.
The pages would not wait for the addon to change colors since the setting is set to Always, and the colors would be changed on any page.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 JahrenToggling the FF global setting would make the change for *all tabs* and *all windows* which is not what I wanted to have. The goal is to have a way to modify just *one* page (in one tab) which behaves "bad" and needs "color fixing". I don't want to mess with all pages just for a few which are looking bad.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12900266, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenwish this had an user definable shortcut key function to toggle, sometimes it takes few on/off to take effect seeing text otherwise hidden
- von Costas, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI use dark colors (from Color Preferences) and some sites need standard colors to display text properly. This is where this extension comes to the rescue. The fastest I tried,
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14388396, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenGreat extension, one that will become very popular with Mac users now that Apple is offering Dark Mode in 10.14.
I agree with zdeefe's comment that website dropdowns and titlebars should be made opaque for better readability.
A keyboard shortcut would be very useful too!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14050590, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis addon can easily change the background color.Very useful.
Fonts are easier to read on sites with black background colors. I want to use this addon forever.
- von zdeefe, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThanks Manuel - great add-on for people who use dark themes!
panels, dropdowns, etc have transparent background, so you can also see content from below as well as content on the dropdown - can make reading difficult
maybe could be fixed with this change:
color: $TEXTCOLOR !important;
background: $BACKGROUNDCOLOR !important;
- von itaintmebabe, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenNo good for me. I prefer high contrast white text on dark background, but occasionally I want to see the website colors. It would be better to toggle the website colors with either the Firefox or the system colors, according to the user's preferences. Just toggle Always with Never.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13792998, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenNOW PERFECT! THE BUG WAS FIXED, thx Manuel!! I confirm the recent "Bug"! I cannot change the visited link color...I change the color but the change does not show up on the web page after page reload. Should be something simple? Thank you Manuel Reimer for your fine work.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 4 JahrenThanks for confirming, but I'm really busy with my study. I'll have a look at this as soon as possible.
It would really help me if such bug reports wouldn't land here. Github has a nice bugtracker...
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13105727, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternendas geilste was es gibt wenn mann meist Nachts unterwegs ist, sich aber Sachen anzeigen lassen muss über den Browser, ständig ist man geblendet, mit der Erweiterung ist das Geschichte, in die Adresszeile gelegt - ein Klick und die Seite ist dunkler Hintergrund und weisse Schrift, da kann man nur danke sagen an den Entwickler
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13449675, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWorks as advertised. 4 Stars for being effective and simple.
Would be nice if you have a black-list of domains it works on automatically though, so not 5 stars ;)
- von Caragen, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIt's a useful extension for Firefox Quantum. The ability to put the On/Off toggle in the address bar gives me the ability to reduce eyestrain by SHUTTING DOWN all those BLINDING WHITE websites!!!! I can reset every page at need to a soothing Lite Grey Background.
Why do all Programmers and Web Developers think everyone is from Krypton or something?!?!? Everything is Great...until your head starts SPLITTING!