Um die Tausenden von hier verfügbaren Add-ons auszuprobieren, laden Sie Mozilla Firefox herunter, eine schnelle, kostenlose Möglichkeit, im Internet zu surfen!Schließen
Willkommen bei den Firefox-Add-ons.
Wählen Sie aus Tausenden von Zusatzfunktionen und Stilen, um sich Firefox zu Eigen zu machen.Schließen
Best Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternen
It's needless to say how amazing is your work!
I just would like to propose you some ideas i have and report a possible problem.
- As you know, this extension is very complicated, demanding of the user to study on it, to
be able understand how it works, all its features and functionalities and then personalize it.
Well, after all that, with a simple click (intentionally or accidentally) can destroy everything!
I'm referring to "Restore Defaults" button.
In my opinion, a warning/confirmation message would be invaluable.
Additionally, a import/export settings functionality would be also very convenient,
for backup purposes and when someone has many computers or firefox profiles and would
like to apply easily his personal scheme on Tile Tabs (with so many settings..).
- The new option "Save Pins", shouldn't be better "Save Pinned or Pinnings or Pin state"?
- The new option "Open link above/below if no existing layout", should be more clear on what
exactly means, what is the logic of this function (above/below).
I made experiments until i realize that when the option "Open link in previous tile" is
unchecked, then the link will open below.
In other words, it's not obvious the dependence between these two options.
But also, why below and not next, according to the default layout ("2 Tabs - Vertical") or
according to what the user has specified as the default layout??
I think that you have to clarify all these.
- In v9.0, the option "Open In Next Tile:" does not work correctly or has not the expected
behaviour in my opinion, at least like was in previous version of Tile Tabs.
When the modifier key in "Open In Next Tile:" is set to "(none)", all the options below are
ignored and the extension affects the default behaviour of firefox, creating always a new
layout to open the middle-clicked link within a tile.
In previous version of Tile Tabs, outside of an active layout or in a non tiled tab, the behaviour
on middle-clicked links was firefox's default, even when the modifier key was set to "(none)".
So, i consider this as a problem, because some users (like me) might prefer to not make
use of a modifier key on middle-clicked links, within a Tile Tab's active layout or not.
Don't forget to notify your translators before you publish a new version if there are new or
Is ugly a interface with a mix of languages :-)
Main points will be addressed in TileTabs 9.1
Thanks for your comments and problem report.
Answering each of your points in turn:
- Restore Defaults: This is a good point. Tile Tabs 9.1 will include a confirmation message. However, import/export of settings will have to wait to a subsequent release.
- Save Pins: Whilst not a perfect description, the advantage of "Pins" as opposed to "Pinned", "Pinnings", "Pin State" or "Pinned State" is that it is shorter. It is also used in relation to other applications and most people will know or guess what it means.
- Open link above/below if no existing layout: The changes to the "Open In Next Tile" shortcut in Tile Tabs 9.0 have not been wholly successful. Allowing this shortcut to create a new layout when one does not already exist has made its operation and sub-options complicated and not easily understood. In Tile Tabs 9.1, this shortcut will revert to its previous method of operation, but it will retain the "wrap around" to the first tile in the group (when used in the last tile in the group). In Tile Tabs 9.1, there will also be an "Open In Previous Tile" shortcut.
- Open In Next Tile does not work correctly: Agreed. This is a problem with the way that the "Open In Next Tile" shortcut works in Tile Tabs 9.0 outside of a tiled layout. In Tile Tabs 9.1, this functionality will be removed. See previous point.
- Translations: In order to reduce development cycles, new or changed strings are not always translated in the first version of Tile Tabs in which they appear, but they will usually be translated in the following version.
If you have any further comments on these points, please e-mail directly to: email@example.com