- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13912740, vor 5 JahrenEverything was fixed thanks to your update. I spent so much time trying different settings to make it work, but it was a well invested time since it helped you fix it. 5 stars of course ! (and thank you for your work)
I find this addon excellent but I don't understand why it opens two tabs at the same time when I open links from a permanent container.
Example: I'm on Twitter [permanent container: Social medias] and Leftclick on a tweet redirecting to a medium article. It opens a new tab in [social medias] but also a temp container. It works fine if middle click/CMD+L. It's solved when I enable the multi container support. But now the new problem is that then when I do a search on duckduck, (e.g: linkedin), if I right click and do "open in [work container]" then it forces firefox to open it in a temp container, and not my [work]…
Config in global isolation:
M Mouse: always
CMD+L Mouse: always
L Mouse: only if does not match
Automatic mode: on
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 5 JahrenGlad you like the Add-on and Thanks for reporting your Left Mouse Click Issue. I've checked and this is a regression from an earlier version - this used to work, but it wasn't unfortunately covered with a test. Fixed it and released version 0.84, should now work as expected.
If you enable Multi-Account Containers Isolation you really only can load URLs in Containers if they're assigned. So it might happen that you try to e.g. open "example.com" in a Container, while only "www.example.com" is assigned. I'll try to enhance visibility over what is assigned and a way of adding new MAC assignments directly in the future.
Hope that helps. If something still doesn't work as expected or something else pops up, I'd encourage you to open a new Issue on GitHub: https://github.com/stoically/temporary-containers/issues
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13262486, vor 5 JahrenWell made containers extension, it will be exciting to see the development for this extension. I also appreciate the effort you put into the description it's very informative.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon mr_johnson22, vor 5 JahrenWhat a great way to make Containers even more useful! It's essentially a multi-container version of Private Browsing.
This extension is just about as good as it can be. Great work.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13616956, vor 5 JahrenJust amazing! Thanks to the developers for creating this and making it open source, not to be critical with other projects but why would you create a privacy enhancing project and hide your code? Anyway, this project is amazing, so glad I found it.
It makes having independent containers for every link/website you open really convenient, the improvement in privacy is huge.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13109970, vor 5 JahrenWhoa! This addon is a game changer. I never liked how Private Tabs works in Quantum, since it limits you to opening a private tab in a new window.
This addon corrects the ridiculous private tab changes, and makes opening a private tab (temporary container) even better!!
I have two questions for the developer.
1. Can you add an option so when a link is opened in a Temp Container it will switch to the tab immediately. Currently it appears it will just open the tab in the background, and you have to manually switch to the tab.
2. Is there a way I can add a mousegesture command to open a link in a Temp Container? For instance I use a mousegetrues addon named Foxy Gestures. I can configure a mousegesture so when I swipe up on a link, it will open that link in a new tab. Would it be possible to do the same with this addon, so I can add a mousegesture so when I swipe a link with a mousegesture it will open that link in a Temp Container?
Thanks for this addon. It's BRILLIANT!!!! 5 STARS AND MORE!!
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 5 JahrenGlad you like it!
1. You could configure Left Clicks (Global or per Website) to open in a new Temporary Container - that way they get focus.
2. In a future version there will be a way to activate "Isolation" (Global and per Website) which will open *all* Tabs and Links opened by Tabs in a new Temporary Container - even when opened programmatically; and that's what's happening with Foxy Gestures. With that feature you could achieve opening Links with gestures in new Temporary Containers. Another way would be to get in touch with the Foxy Gestures developer and ask him if he'd be willing to implement an API for other WebExtensions that allows to register to events inside the Foxy Gestures WebExtensions (that way I could get the information that the tab was opened by Foxy Gestures).
If that doesn't help, you need further assistance with configuring or you got some Feedback from the Foxy Gestures Developer then please open an Issue on GitHub (https://github.com/stoically/firefox-add-on-temporary-containers/issues).
Edit (18. Feb 2018):
Support for Foxy Gestures User Scripts are now available, you can find them here: https://github.com/stoically/firefox-add-on-temporary-containers/wiki/Foxy-Gestures-User-Scripts
Edit (6. Mar 2018):
The "Isolation" feature is now available