- von Jeremy, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis is a great tool and I would love to see it somehow integrated into mozilla's multi account container feature. However, it is very complicated, reducing ease of use and understanding.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13007505, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWhat is temporary here, it doesn't delete containers just leaves a big row in the Multi-Account containers overview. Makes it all a big mess.
btw: Is there a way to delete multiple containers instead of the one by one method?
Reply the response:
Thank you stoically, very much appreciate that you took the time to reply.
The links are informative, hope that somebody will come up with a solution, then I will use your add-on again.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 MonatenThe temporary containers are deleted by this Add-on, however, Multi-Account Containers re-adds them because of Sync Feature, see https://github.com/mozilla/multi-account-containers/issues/1675 and https://github.com/stoically/temporary-containers/issues/371
- von 丁男, vor 5 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenLately every time I click a link that should open in a new temporary container, it opens twice in 2 different temporary containers. Very annoying. Please fix.
- von vakira, vor 10 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWould be cool to hide the icon of the toolbox if I've set the Automatic Mode.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 9 MonatenYou can hide any icon in the toolbar (not address bar) by right clicking in the toolbar, selecting "customize" and moving the icon to the overflow menu or hide it completely by moving it to the other icons in the site area
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15119207, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenGood enough sometimes, but often opens subdomains in new tabs even though I changed settings to do otherwise. Open in X container context menu option for Multi-Account Containers is broken, and I need to disable the addon everytime I want to add a new domain to a container.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor einem JahrTo reproduce the subdomains issue I'd need some steps to reproduce (ideally in an GitHub issue: https://github.com/stoically/temporary-containers/issues). Most of the time the issue comes from the fact that other domains are in-between when the redirect happens, which then causes the isolation.
"Open in New Container Tab" in combination with MAC isolation not working is expected behavior since the isolation will overwrite it (See: https://github.com/stoically/temporary-containers/issues/170). Alternatives to disabling the Add-on is globally toggling isolation, using the Alt+i shortcut (needs to be enabled in the advanced preferences under "Keyboard shortcuts") or the "crossed circle icon" in the toolbar popup (needs to be enabled in the general preferences).
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15700431, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWell done! Really great work! For desktop. Thank you! Could you also make it available for FF on Android?
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor einem JahrGlad you like it! Firefox doesn't provide the required API to make it work on Android, please see: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1398097
- von Elzen, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenCool work :-)
I'd rather have some more control of temporary container names/colours, though: when you open several temporary containers at the same time, having them only called “tmp1”, “tmp2”, etc. may be a little confusing (it's possible to change it in the preferences, but that's not really user-friendly).
I wish the toolbar button could display a small popup allowing to select the name, colour and icon for the container (pre-filled with the automatic settings). Would it be possible?
*EDIT after the answer* I thought it as an option (I presumed that was in the aims of the toolbar popup when activated, but sadly not). I agree that it should not be the default behaviour.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 JahrenThanks!
Since the Add-on is about temporary containers, having the option to change name/color/icon for already opened containers might lead to the impression that they're not really temporary but permanent instead - so I'll probably not implement such a feature.
You can however long-click the new tab button, which reveals the container list and a "Manage Containers" button at the bottom, which is a quick-access to the container preferences where you could change its properties. Hope that helps.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14264986, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenGreat extension to isolate user activity without doing much work by the user, in automatic mode. However, I noticed a few problems.
Right click menu on a link does not provide "open in new temporary container"
Dragging a selected text into the address bar, (which I imagine does something equivalent to opening a new tab, putting that text into the address bar and clicking 'go'.) actually does the whole thing in the same container I am in. This prevents the isolation.
Could this be caused by some settings? I use the recommended settings (Automatic mode and global setting of open cntrl+click or middle click into new container.)
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 JahrenThanks! The context menu (right click) on a link should provide that option - and in my case it works. Sometimes HTML/CSS makes text look like links but in fact they are not actually "a-elements" which are needed for the context menu to work. You might want to check at several places and also make sure you didn't deactivate the context menu in the Advanced -> General -> Context Menu preferences. In case the problem persists I'd need more information; feel free to open a new issue on GitHub in this case: https://github.com/stoically/temporary-containers/issues
Dragging text into the address bar is not catched by "Mouse Clicks"-Isolation. You'd need to configure "Navigating in Tabs"-Isolation for that to work. The reason the Navigating-Isolation isn't recommended is that it breaks redirects to 3rd-party domains (e.g. SSO Logins, Payments) which need to be dealt with.
- von indig0F10w, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenGot a tab in container, I went to download a file, everything was good until I removed this addon and closed Firefox. Now on every browser startup there is the same download poping up and there is no way of stopping it.
EDIT: cleaning Firefox with CCleaner fixes this.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 JahrenGlad you figured out a solution. What happens after removing an Add-on is completely out of control for Add-on Developers. If you encounter such Issues, your best bet might be to report them to the Firefox Bugzilla: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13979260, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenthis add on has a little problem!
when you open a file like pdf on fire-fox tab, it keep opening new tab infinitely.
a fix would be good. thx!
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 JahrenI've tried with and without Automatic Mode + Isolation and I can't reproduce neither with "Open File"-Dialog nor by Drag&Drop'ing a PDF to Firefox. In this case I'd need a debug log to help out - the easiest way would be if you open a new GitHub Issue and follow the instructions when reading the Issue Template on GitHub: https://github.com/stoically/temporary-containers/issues/new - Thanks!