Bewertet mit 4,1 von 5 Sternen
4,1 von 5 Sternen
- von Coeur-Noir, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenHave just tried on Ubuntu 16.04 & FF67.
I was also used to TabWheelScroll so the gesture at first seems awkward but actually I like the fact there is NO need for keyboard.
Thanks a lot !
- von James Band, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenCan you change key combination to "shift key+mouse wheel" ? Current [right click + wheel] makes tab switching action damn awkward. If you dont't want it to be default, then provision as an option would be equally nice.Updated: I have implemented this for you, giving the option of one or more of these while scrolling the wheel: right mouse, shift, ctrl, alt, meta (mac). Needs some real world testing through before I'd release it. If you drop me an email I can send you it to test.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12531918, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenIt can be implemented without holding button: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/howto-enable-tab-switching-in-firefox-using-mouse-wheel/39954Yes, although this is a slightly different scenario. There you are mouse wheeling over the tab bar - something that used to be possible with add-ons, but is no longer possible with the new framework - but not something this add-on is intended to do. This add-on allows mouse wheeling within the page, no need to move your mouse up to the little gap at the top of the page - you can do it from anywhere, at the cost of having to hold the right button (otherwise you just scroll up/down the page of course). People who do want to switch tabs from the tab bar instead (or as well) will find the link above helpful.
- von Voukras, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis was a godsend when MileWideBack stopped working. I did get something similar and I think possibly a port of MileWideBack to the new extension framework, but it wouldn't work on Linux because the Window Manager placed some sort of 1px border that ruined the whole scheme of "stick your mouse to the left side and scroll to move through tabs".
TabScroller offered a ridiculously simple alternative that has relieved me of all that frustration. This kind of tab scrolling is a must for me now and I love that there's a simple and robust way to do it with this extension.
- von Avaq, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenWorks as advertised and makes a very nice addition for speeding up tab-switching. The only downside being the interruptions on pages where right click could not be captured, but those seem rare. The explanation of the required permissions is also much appreciated.
- von luna, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 Sterneni hold down right click, i press right click, i hold down left click, i uninstall, i reinstall, i reset my computer i reset firefox and this app STILL doesnt work. i had hoped this was like the previous tabscroll addon from the previous versions but its so much worse. in the old version you only had to hover over the tabs and scroll. please fix.
Update to authors response. Your addon literally states "A simple addon that does one simple thing. It allows you to scroll through your tabs with the mouse wheel, while holding the right button down" so when you cannot scroll through your tabs with the mouse wheel while holding the right button down (which thats not clear either a developer should be a little be more specific than "right button" but i used both right on the directional arrows and right click) then the add on is a failure. It seems YOU have not read my review and are reacting at a bad review. If you dont want bad reviews then have a working add-on. If your add on doesnt "allow you to scroll through your tabs with the mouse wheel, while holding the right button down" then why advertise it??It appears you have not read what this add-on actually does!
It looks like you've taken a guess at what it does and when you've discovered that's actually not what it's for you have blamed the add-on for your misunderstanding and left a one star review.
The function of the add-on, including its limitations, is clearly stated in the description. Add-ons cannot interact with the tab bar in the way you request, nor was it ever the intention of this add-on to provide that functionality.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14206541, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenHello, but why other add-ons work with dial/home page, or add-on page ?!!
Move Tab Hotkeys works on thoses pages and keyboard key is captured.Presumably because these addons (which you haven't named, so I can look at them) do not run in the webpage at all - hence they can run on non-web pages and pages where addon content scripts are blocked, like the mozilla addons site). This addon requires code to run in the page to capture the users interaction with it (mouse buttons and wheel). If you don't believe me please see the the Mozilla documentation: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Content_scripts
- von ovnis82, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenHello, very good add, but why it doesen't work with some pages like dial/home page or add-on page ?The options page (and similar) aren't web pages, so addons simply do not get run on them. Also, Firefox specifically blocks addons from running on pages of the Mozilla addon website (to prevent malicious addons being able to hijack others).
- von William, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenThanks for the great job. It works nice on Windows 10 with Firefox 60.0.1, but it's not working on Mac High Sierra 10.13.1 with Firefox 60.0.1.
- von carbolymer, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenWorks as expected!Actually it works perfectly on FF60 on Linux (and Windows) as I'm using it here on both right now.
Please read the limitations section on the addon information page, as you're probably testing it one of those scenarios (for example it will not work on this page, because no addons can run on addons.mozilla.org).
If you continue to have problems please raise an issue on GitHub and I'll look into it for you.
- von js-ddev, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThanks for bringing this feature back to life !
Would it be possible to assign another button than mouse right to activate the scroll ?
Not the most convenient with laptops...I can look at allowing a choice of mouse button, for example the middle one, but would that be any more convenient? Feel free to open an issue on githhub and we can discuss your requirements and see what's possible.
- von Parag, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenDoesnt work with v58.0Yes it does, it's been tested extensively on v58 because support for Linux was added at this version. Perhaps you can supply more information (open an issue on GitHub where there can be a proper discussion) on your problem and I will try to help you with it. Please also be sure to read the addon information, especially the limitations section for details of where the addon cannot operate.