- von scrosseh, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternen[Review] The sidebar provides an interface to manage groups that's quick, good looking and more accessible than panorama style addons. I enjoy that there is a button to unstash+delete group as well as individual buttons for each action, 'cause many times devs end up choosing between featureful and quick ui, when there is no need. Overall is a great addon for managing tab groups and my favorite until now!
[Features Request] It would be more simple if when selecting tabs with CTRL I could then make a group out of this selection. Also we need an option to choose which context menus have the stash menu, it's great that there are so many options, but the addon is everywhere xd.
[Minure Issue] Icon in adress bar and in sidebar aren't adapting to dark themes.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 JahrenThanks for the thoughtful review! I agree with you that UIs can be both featureful and quick/easy to use, and that's what I set out to build with Tab Stash. I'm glad you're enjoying it!
Regarding your feature request, Tab Stash now supports Firefox multi-tab selection as of version 2.3. You can Shift-click and Ctrl+click tabs in the Firefox tab bar, click on any "stash" button (in the toolbar or stash list) and Tab Stash will save only those tabs you have selected.
I'm aware of the issue with dark themes, and unfortunately as far as I can tell, there is no reliable way for extensions to detect a dark theme, nor does Firefox give extensions the ability to specify dark/light icons for address bar and sidebar icons like we can for toolbar icons. But I'll keep an eye on this to see if it changes in future Firefox releases.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14684406, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenSuperb. Just what I was looking for - something that blends the strengths of OneTab and Session Sync. Thank you!!
Just one feature request if I may... a thing I sometimes found useful in OneTab was the ability to share either a specific group or the entire collection of tabs as a unique URL - that would be a great enhancement to Tab Stash. :)Thanks for the review, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!
I've been thinking some about your feature request, and unfortunately I haven't been able to come up with a good way to do it that doesn't involve some type of cloud service which would be able to see the URLs that you're sharing. I'd rather avoid that for privacy reasons, if possible.
That said, I have some ideas on how to achieve something similar to what you're asking—would you mind opening a feature request on GitHub so we can continue the conversation there? https://github.com/josh-berry/tab-stash/issues/new?template=feature_request.md
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13709098, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenShortcut 'Alt + S' is not working because built-in shortcut 'Alt + S' overwrite it. Please address this. Thank you.[Edit: This was fixed in version 2.2 by switching to different shortcuts on Windows and Linux.]
Thanks for your report—I'll look into this.
It would be helpful if you could update your review to include some specifics about your OS, browser version, and other extensions you have installed, so I can confirm I've actually found your problem.
Alternatively, if you have a GitHub account, you can also open an issue here: https://github.com/josh-berry/tab-stash/issues/new?template=bug_report.md
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13458261, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThe extension simple and beautiful. And works well. Much better than OneTab. But, please give an option to close tabs instead of making the tabs hidden. I prefer them closed instead of hidden, something OneTab did.
Edit: Thanks for the update! That's exactly what I wanted!Thank you for your review and feedback!
One thing to note about hidden tabs: Tab Stash monitors the total number of tabs in your browser, and tells Firefox to stop/unload hidden tabs you haven't touched in a while. The more tabs you have (hidden or otherwise), the more aggressive this unloading behavior becomes. So you shouldn't have to worry about memory usage or performance—Tab Stash will clean up after itself. :)
That said, I definitely agree there is no "one size fits all" approach. Some may prefer to keep all their hidden tabs indefinitely, while others (yourself included) may not want hidden tabs at all. I want to revisit this for a future release, and I'll be sure to keep your feedback in mind!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14544188, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI've switched to Tab Stash from tree style tabs. It's intuitive, fast and well integrated into Firefox. I will recommend this extension to anyone!
- von Cyril, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis is what I was looking for so long! Functionality, which so long was not enough! Will this extension be ported to Chrome?Thanks for your review, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!
Sadly, any port to Chrome would be missing some important features—Tab Stash relies on browser functionality that's only available in Firefox, such as hidden tabs and the sidebar. Although it might be possible, I think a lot would get lost in translation, and the result wouldn't be much different from some of the other tab-management extensions that are already available for Chrome.