- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13572668, vor 5 JahrenSo far I like TSM, it works for me without the problems others have been reporting. I am coming from the old Session-Manager and now I miss only a few but IMO important things at the moment.
First and for me most important would be the option to choose where to store your sessions. For example I go out to clients to show them some things on my laptop which I have I have previosly preselected in the office on my desktop. If I could save my sessions outside in the cloud I would have my presentation at a fingertip.
Also I would very much like to see a 'save window' feature, like there was in old Session Manager.
To use an anolgy, a session might be seen as a directory with the single windows as files. For effective filemanegement these extended features would IMO be needed.
As a minor perfomance thing I might mention that I miss the window oriented start of session-manager somewhat, it seems to be a lot slower to open each tab one after the other (at least on 7 windows with 250+ tabs that I've just imported as a test).
Anyway I look forward to the further development of this very much needed addon!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13495313, vor 5 JahrenIn older FireFox(FF as follows) than 57 (ver <=56), "Session Manager"(S-M as follows) did a great job.
But in FF ver 57, S-M ended its life, due to the FF's change, cut off "XUL", which used in S-M, and moved to "Web extension".
This TSM seems an good "ALTERNATIVE" of S-M "JUST" for *FF 57*, for me.
TSM is *NOT* a successor of S-M. Different developer makes TSM than S-M. Words of "Session Manger" in TSM made me confusing, for the 1st time. If its name was "TAB MANAGER", might not be confusing for me.
You don't have to take risk to move from S-M to TSM, if you are still using older FF(ver <=56) or PaleMoon, which still has XUL, which is cut off in FF57. (I still use S-M on PaleMoon)
Following issue was fixed in TSM 1.6.1, using "tab lazy load" option. (FF ver 57.0.1 x64)
Good job! (2star -> 4star)
at TSM ver: 1.5.0, FFver: 57.0 x64.
"Open" with 100-200 tabs with 4 windows saved, only 1 window opens and 15-20 tabs only resotred.
With or without Tree-Style-Tab. Even in case of tabs with only http/https-style, this occures.
Exporting sessions from this extension, 4 windows and 100-200 tabs seems all saved in the exported file, instead.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon RMR57, vor 5 JahrenI love the lazy load feature, very nice when dealing with may tabs.
One feature I'd like to see is the option of opening the group in a new window or the current window on a case by case basis. Instead of a single setting in settings, perhaps the use of the cntl key with open would open in new window and without it opens in current window.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13527327, vor 5 JahrenMy question is, what for is the permission for downloading files and READ AND MODIFY download history, on top of that, required. That's sneaky and suspicious.
Yeah... That simultaneous loading of all tabs is a disaster...
I'd also vote for a "saved sessions list compact view" option. Like one-two text lines without much space-eating decorations.
Anyway, thank you for active development and support for Tree Style Tabbar! Your addon is indispensable, irreplaceable and a kind of a savior these days!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13522933, vor 5 JahrenI had to get this extension as a replacement for "Session Manager" as the new Firefox doesn't support that one anymore. It's a 5 star program and I absolutely hate giving anything less than five stars...but the only reason why I have is because for work I have tabs open to local html files I created myself, and every time I restore my tabs with this extension it only opens up web pages from the actual web and never opens up my local html files that I need which makes me have to go and open them up one by one. I could do it myself, but I got this extension to keep from having to take time to do that so I don't mix them up and can start working right away. Also, it doesn't ever open all the tabs when there is more than one window saved, usually meaning I have to open up all the tabs myself in the second window as well. Hopefully it can get updated soon. It's DEFINITELY much faster than Session Manager, but I need it to save and open all the tabs ^_^
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13522117, vor 5 Jahren56まで使えたアドオンFEBEのように、アドオンの設定やテーマの画像、ブックマークデータなど全てのデータを一括バックアップできるようになると、Firefoxを再インストールしたり、新しく使う際にとても助かります。
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon nzpete54, vor 5 JahrenI had to find a replacement for the old Session Manager, which worked well until FF57, and then not at all.
I give kudos to the author of this add on for going to the trouble to provide an extension that substitutes for the legacy Session Manager in part. If it can duplicate more of the functionality of the older extension, it would rate FIVE stars for sure. But I thank the author and rate four stars at this time.
There are issues which I hope can be dealt with as this extension develops:
- I had a large 196 tab session saved, which Tab Session Manager shows OK, but when I try to open the session, only a portion of them do load. There seems to be a limit here. It would be nice if there was not.
- I note the latest version 1.5 has an option to Export the tabs (I presume as a list of links), but I haven't located this feature. This would enable me to sort through the 196 tabs mentioned in the previous point, so I hope I can find it - FOUND IT! Cool. Oh, but it only exports as a .json file which is not so useful. Update: but it is not to hard to manipulate the file with Notepad++ using "windowId": value to extract the tabs from a particular session.
- I echo the statement of "Anonymous user 8e0130" who asked "Is there anyway to have it not load non-active tabs?"
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13515963, vor 5 JahrenIt's the only option for firefox quantum at the moment, so thank you for keeping it functional (I used to use the built-in manager with tab mix plus, but that extensions appears to be far from viable for the new firefox...).
Is there anyway to have it not load non-active tabs? Sometimes I can restore a session with upwards of 100 tabs, and having them all load is a huge memory sink.
Thank you again!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13507446, vor 5 JahrenThere's still a lot of work to do... but just to be able to import and open my old session manager's sessions (under ubuntu find them under ~/.mozilla/firefox/*some cryptic-key*.default/sessions/*here they are!!!*, which I though I'd never see again under firefox 57+, has just made me sooooo happy!!! So I just wanted to say THANKS!!!! a) For my sessions back, b) for giving us an alternative to keep going.
And don't listen to all those stupid comments of people, who probably think, open-source code just falls down from trees or something...
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13499604, vor 5 JahrenIt’s almost there just needs four things
First the ability to sort sessions alphabetically.
Second ask for conformation when deleting a session (one miss click and it could be gone that’s not good).
Third don’t activate every window when opening a session, only open the link when the user clicks the tab.
Forth when you open the tab manger window it should default to whatever view the user had last. So if the user last had “User Saved” clicked and it was set to sort by oldest it should stay like that every time you open the window until it is changed (even after closing and reopening Firefox). Or at the very lest you should be able to set the default view in the settings.
The Firefox community is counting on you plz i created an account just to write this.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 11511100, vor 5 JahrenVery simple and easy to use. Found a work around for not supporting the import of Session Manager files, but I really appreciate that they can now be imported.
I would like the option to automatically load the last session when Firefox is started. Otherwise I can't think of anything else I need from this addon.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13495476, vor 5 JahrenAs others have said, there is a bug when restoring sessions, it doesn't restore all windows or tabs. As this is the only functionality of this add on I can't give more than 1 star.
Edit - The latest update has fixed the issue above and also added lazy load.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Bluezo, vor 5 JahrenTSM is getting better as far as readibility goes.
Thanks for the changes, but please, add the ability for the user to set a still better readability choosing fonts parameters and colors.
Low contrast colors are a pain in the ... eyes, especially for people with "light sensibility"
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Levi59, vor 5 JahrenDo what i want from a session saver but i remove one star because it load all the page when i restor a session. It would be nice to just repopulate tabs and load only when user check on them. There's a little problem with the link in the "tab session manager" 's page under information menu too. The link to the addon point to the japanese page instead of the system language.