- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon donw146, vor 5 JahrenThis extension has got to the point that I no longer run Firefox ESR in order to use the old Session Manager. Sure, it still has some bugs and missing features but it is quite usable. If you have problems losing sessions try the Export menu item to make manual backups.
To all those who complain about this extension not being as full-featured and reliable as the old Session Manager, remember that sienori started from scratch with a Web extension API that was so unfriendly to session management that none of the old extensions were ported. I think he has achieved a lot and encourage him to continue improving Tab Session Manager. Thanks.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon joefiesta, vor 5 JahrenI'm not really rating this 4. I haven't started using it and just want to ask question:
The backup filelocation is stated as: "Specify the folder to save the backup file. The save location is limited to the folder under Firefox download folder."
I have no Firefox download folder. That is, my option in Firefox for download locations is "ALWAYS ASK". I would like to specify the location, but it looks like I can't. Does it still use the folder listed (but not CHECKED)?
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13880448, vor 5 JahrenSeems to work fine..and most importantly also seems to successfully import "Session Manager" extension session files
In my installation it saves and restores tabs in their original order, no problems there.
I have 3 Questions:
1) Where are the TSM session files saved? (their folder location)
...the "storage.js" file in the extension's folder does not include any relevant information.
2) Will "Session Manager" session file compatibility be maintained in the future?
3) Can the TSM session be converted to "Session Manager" files?
I just recently spent a week trying to salvage my sessions (several hunded tabs a piece) from another extension in FF Quantum, which were lost after a crash following an extension update.
Recently I saw a similar issue happen with TSM...
..I am terrified of this happening again because my work (researcher) depends on keeping and organizing sessions of saved tabs...
so I will be maintaining both a Quantum and a Gecko installation with SM installed, just in case...
I need a sort of "insurance policy" to maintain "mental health" and prevent professional disasters...
...of course one thing I can do is use my Cyberfox/Waterfox installation to restore a TSM session and then re-save it in Session Manager...
Since you have obviously considered the issue of SM compatibility, if there is any info you can share on this, I would be grateful
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13750170, vor 5 JahrenThe missing session returned to its original state!!!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13875448, vor 5 JahrenFait le job, interface claire et intuitive.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon nakivagyok, vor 5 JahrenI would like restoring the content of text boxes too, similar to the "Show your windows and tabs from last time" Firefox setting.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon piptaz, vor 5 JahrenThought I lost all my sessions but it looks like they were just hidden.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13790188, vor 5 JahrenGreat extension, it works like it should.
Only one complain. Every time I start Firefox, the settings tab of the Tab Session Manager is opened.
Please fix this.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 12628361, vor 5 JahrenIf the add-on does not work correctly, try this:
Install the old version eg 1.8, then update to the newest one.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon AndrewMWebster, vor 5 JahrenFirstly, thank you for going to the effort of making this add-on.
I have just one request, and here it is as a User Story:
As a Firefox user,
I need to have new sessions that are opened by clicking a link *outside* Firefox restore tabs as expected AND add the tab just opened by click the link,
so that the page I wish to see by licking that link is now open, and I don't have to waste time going back and clicking the link a second time.
GIven Firefox is closed,
when I click on a link in, say, Outlook,
then Firefox opens,
and tabs are restored automatically according to how I've set up TSM,
and the new tab is added and has the focus.
I'm sure you're sick of comparisons to the old Session Manager, but this describes its normal behavior.
Good luck, I hope you can manage to add this feature. It'll be much appreciated.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13701447, vor 5 JahrenThx for the Add On. It helps much!
There is but an important Problem. After the restart of the computer, the Tabs can not be opened. =(
If you looking forward to update your software, please put this to your priority list.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13672878, vor 5 JahrenYour extension has a problem when restoring sessions since the restored Tabs are not kept in the same position and order as they where before on the Tab Bar but they are all scrambled to new positions creating a chaos of missaligned Tabs. This flaw needs to be fixed asap.