- von Firefox-Benutzer 14555759, vor 6 TagenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI wish if it could have an option to quickly replace session, that is, update saved session. The option "Replace with current session" is present but it should be a direct button.
- von Legion, vor 8 TagenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenWhat about exporting automatically? Upon closing the browser I want sessions to be automatically saved in the chosen location (OneDrive folder) ready to be opened on another computer. I could do this with the now defunct Session Manager. Either Mozilla has put some pathetic limitation on 'session managers' or no developer has sufficient competence - no FF session manager addon now supports auto import/export of sessions.
- von zephyr707, vor 21 TagenBewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenprobably the best option available for firefox, but still pales in comparison to the chrome session managers, however it is a very good start! re-opening sessions with a large number of tabs is very slow, much slower than firefox restore session, why is that? It would be great if this add on remembered which desktop the window was on so it can restore the session to the same state. Firefox restore session remembers which desktop the window was on and restores it to the correct location.
- von BioCybergoth, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenOk, the addon works but it's clunky, get rid of that!
I used to have SessionManager as my main tab/session manager addon for a long time and somehow it's nowhere to be found, I tried many tab session managing addons and none of them worked until now.
This one is working but the average user will not make proper use of because the core functionality and vital features are hidden away in the settings...
How's a regular user with little experience with tab addons is going figure this problem out? I don't know!
I'm using firefox for over 12 years and in my experience, saving tabs or carrying over sessions with sessions was never that difficult until today, they used much, much less RAM to work and loaded very fast on a very slow CPU (AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 2.4 GHz with only DDR2 support below 800mhz on a 2 GB RAM system) and never gave any problems at all, only when opening because it wanted to load every single tab at the same time, that got fixed but somehow it uses even more RAM than ever, how's that advanced development? that's regression!
But back on the review, I saved the session, gave it a name and that's it? no, you are OBLIGATED to go under settings, go to Sessions, click on "Export Sessions" and then you're presented with a prompt to give it a name and ACTUALLY locally save your sessions to a file that you MUST import on settings for it to display all your saved tabs before discarding everything and call it a day, "SessionManager" used to immediately ask for a file name without going through settings to carry your tabs to another session for whatever reason, this should not be this complicated to new users, otherwise the bad reviews are going to flood the only addon that does his job of locally saving your tabs/session before closing firefox.
Developers, do your job right now before it's too late, add the local saving option to build the default sessions database before the user switches away from the addon or close the browser, give them a reason to increase the 5 Star rating, seeing 50 1 Star reviews is not a good thing and most of them didn't even say what's wrong here, I'm beyond average user experience and this clunky addon needs more work to become good, I already saved and managed to import all my tabs to another profile and every item was correct so, please fix that problem, the core functionality cannot be hidden under settings, that MUST be the very first option a new user sees every time they click on the addon icon before going into settings.
Until this problem is solved, this review will stay at 2 Stars, like I said, it does the job, but it's clunky and the new users aren't going to pay attention to that programming oversight.
You don't need to apologize here, this is a serious flaw that needs to be addressed quick to save it's image and reputation.
- von XerraX, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenWorks really well, although need to understand settings and that Firefox now has a similar feature biult-into itself, which saves users from many annoyances or even troubles.
Good to have both if closing browser with many windows happens often to you.
- von Johann, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIt does what it should and that very good for me since 2 months.
But when restarting FF and opening last session via Tab Session Manager the tab order ist lost. I did tests now by saving and reopen of a (one) window:
Reopening works fine when active tab is the most right one.
Atherwise only the tabs left to the active one are correct after reopening. The tabs to the right of the active one are reopened in wrong order.
What I found saving is not the problem it's the reopening !
Whould be nice to hear if you found that as i do and more nice if you would correct this issue.