- von Firefox-Benutzer 5926074, vor 6 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenIn the settings of Popup / icons behavior
Right mouse button click ＞ Open in new background
It opens with Open in new tab, right?
- von denis1276, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenAfter last update, all settings reset when i close and reopen ff.Hi! I'm so so sorry about this! :( It was due to a mistake in version 3.43.0 but I've reverted it to the previous one about one hour ago thanks to an email from another user.
Version 3.43.2 will fix this problem and is already awaiting review by Mozilla. The old version 3.42.1 is also safe.
Please see more details here:
My sincere apologies,
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15733498, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenAwesome add-on, huge customization facility, quite easy to handle! Fantastic!
BUT: Unfortunately, it seems not to work in Firefox' reader view. Even after i pressed the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+Space), SSS did not give any sign of live. But when viewing the same website outside reader view, SSS worked fine.
I often use reader view and would like to use SSS combined with it, e.g. to search expressions from a complex article in a dictionary. Could you please let me know if there is a way to use SSS inside reader view? Thanks :-)Hello and thanks! :)
Sadly, there's nothing SSS can do in the reader view. This is an issue in Firefox itself, since it doesn't allow extensions to add content to the reader view (the issue is tracked here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1371786 and in my own issues page here: https://github.com/CanisLupus/swift-selection-search/issues/144).
It seems we'll have to wait! :(
- von Gezgin, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenKullanışlı bir eklenti, 4 yıldız veriyorum. Çünkü eklenebilecek çok şey var gerçekten, yine de ayarları güzel, gelişmiş. Kendim duckduckgo ekledim kolayca ama ayarlarda ya da eklentide olmayan ve olabilecek çok fazla özellik var. Umuyorumki ilerde daha da gelişir. Yine de sevdim eklentiyi ve kullanıyorum.
Thank you for the review! :) Do you want to tell me in more detail what settings you think SSS should have? Also feel free to send me an email at email@example.com.
1) Eklentiye metin çeviri özelliği gelse güzel olur, yeni sayfada değil, seçilen kelimeleri eklentinin küçük bir penceresinde çevirse.
2) Seçilen cümleyi notlara ekleme seçeneği olabilir.
3) Seçilen kelimenin şimdiye kadar toplamda kaç defa seçildiği gösterilebilir.
4) Bütün seçilen metinlerin gösterildiği bir yer olabilir.
5) Adres çubuğunda da çalışsa.
6) Seçilen kelimenin sayfada kaç kez tekrarlandığı gösteren bir sayı olabilir.
7) Bir kelime seçildiğinde, sayfadaki bütün aynı kelimelerin mesela sarı renk ile işaretlenmesi seçeneği olabilir.Thank you for the review! :) Do you want to tell me in more detail what settings you think SSS should have? Also feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15550222, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenAwesome tool. Set up 8 search options but did not export created list. Currently looking for a place to configure my settings and updates and add new search engines. If someone knows how to that - let me know.Hey, thanks for the review. :)
I'm not sure what you mean! Were you not able to create new engines in the addon Options menu? Or are you looking for something like a website where people can share search engines for SSS? (that doesn't exist, as far as I'm aware)
Please reply to email@example.com, since I may not see an update here in the reviews.
- von Aquila, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenExpansion can be and good, BUT it is necessary to add search plug-ins manually, it is a lot of unnecessary settings, and here in the Selection Context Search expansion everything is established automatically https://b.radikal.ru/b30/1907/9a/c048b4a524c8.jpg
P.S. Dear Daniel, if you have time and an opportunity create here such plug-in to the addition, (that "SEARCH" automatic was added on any websites, as on a screenshot) then it the price will not be.
Good luck! https://c.radikal.ru/c08/1907/19/4d077a9e4aea.jpgHi there and thanks for the review! :)
I understand, but it's hard for me to maintain a decent list of search engines up to date for SSS's users, so I prefer if people add their own engines. You can also import the ones you use in the browser. People suggested creating a webpage where users could add the engines they are using, like a Wiki, though that would also have to be moderated and it's really hard to do that in my free time.
Regarding the unnecessary settings, I also don't use most of the options, but almost all were user-suggested via email, GitHub or in reviews, so someone is finding them useful. ;) If you have ideas about what to do about them without removing them, I accept feedback!
- von Renerelire, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenVery useful extension! I use it all the time for almost everything I search. I can search in Ebay and have the results classified by prices and by sells only. Same thing for Amazon.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14961303, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenhello and thanks for this good add on. is there any way that i can sync search bar of firefox with the sss context menu. I imported the search.json.mozlz4 but I want when change the order of engines and add some new ones, the searchbar synces with that. what should i do? is it possible at all? i get an export file but I didnt know what should i do...Hello and thank you for the review. :)
If I understand correctly, you want to add new engines and change their order in SSS but then have those same changes happen in the browser's engines. Is that it? If so, this is not possible. The browser engines work in a different way than SSS engines. They are completely separate things after importing them into SSS. As for the export function in SSS, it is only used for backing up your settings (you can also use Sync).
If I understood incorrectly please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The notifications for these reviews might not be the best. :)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14550762, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenLast thing you need to ad: the possibility to disable the plug-in from a personal list of websites!
- von aeaells, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThank you for always using Swift Selection Search.
Just like searching standard browsers
Please convert the character code of the search word.
Or, let me specify a character code for each search engine.
I am very happy if you do it.
I hope if you can respond if it is easy.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 JahrenHey there! Thank you for the review and my apologies for the delay in responding.
Unfortunately I couldn't understand what you mean by "character code of the search word". Can you give me an example or two? :) If you can, send me an email to email@example.com or write directly to here: https://github.com/CanisLupus/swift-selection-search/issues
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12817215, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenExcellent tool to use as a doubleclick dictionary search. Unfortunately when I use my Firefox account to sync extensions my settings aren't synced! I have to add the dictionaries and favicons ...
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 JahrenHi! Thanks for the review! :)
You are right, SSS doesn't support Firefox Sync currently. Sorry! I had implemented it but found a bug in Firefox (which I reported here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1423744) that could cause problems if the user's icon images exceed the storage limit, so decided to postpone it. It will come eventually, with the bug or not. ;)
Meanwhile, you can try the "Storage & backup" section and export your settings to a file. Then on the other computer you can import the file. I know... it's not as convenient... I understand your criticism. :)