- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14734882, vor 2 JahrenI do not recall ever installing this addon and it hijacked every YT link I clicked on like SafeMode was turned on.The SafeMode feature means that the addon works as expected. (you can configure the level of youtube safe search in the options).
Would it have helped if it provided some visual confirmation about it working ?
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Jawad, vor 2 JahrenOverall, a very good extension. Could you add https://www.onesearch.com/ to the list?
edit: I think I found the answer to your question. In the url of the search result, there is a vm parameter that can have 3 values. I found out that vm=r is strict, vm=i is moderate and vm=p is off.
I hope this helps you.
edit2: Added one star after onesearch was added. Thank you again.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15122656, vor 2 JahrenIts a great idea but it does not seem to work very well?!? I installed this extension to include private mode, and nothing seemed to happen?!? I even went so far as to restarted Firefox and still nothing happened when I visited https://xhamster4.com/photos/gallery/12786417/324655470 as a test and nothing happened, am I missing something? I will update if this is resolved.
Thank You!This add-on only sets safe search mode for search engines. You should not have received a link to xhamster etc by google, duckduckgo, etc. To block e.g. xhamster, you could use https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adultblacklist/ , which blocks known adult domains. In the case you posted above, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/jsguardian/ also worked (it checks the page text). You achieve complimentary effects by using these together.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15257193, vor 3 JahrenAwesome! I love that I can still watch YouTube, but why do I have to choose "under 18" to allow restricted content? (moderate and strict block restricted videos)
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Thijs Douwes, vor 4 JahrenThis is very good, but it keeps forgetting the setting for YouTube leniency. I'm on Firefox 64 on Ubuntu.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Beguam, vor 4 JahrenIt breaks qwantjunior.com on Firefox
Edit 2018/12/15 : No, it always qwantjunior.com on Firefox 60.4.0esr (V4.3.1)
Edit 2019/01/01 : It always breaks qwantjunior.com and qwant.com on Firefox 60.4.0esr (V4.3.2)Thank you for updating this. I had not seen your update until the newest review (PS: github issues might be quicker). They seems to have changed things again. Let me see how to fix this.
Edit again 2019-01-27: the latest version 4.2.4 seems to work. Please double-check.
Edit again 2020-12-07: qwant itself worked right now, qwantjunior is broken. Thanks for reporting this!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon cucumber, vor 4 Jahrenbeing able to disable certain sites from getting blocked, for example I don't want YT to get blocked. And reddit doesn't really work (can easily view everything after clicking yes I'm 18).YT now has a configuration option: try out the "lenient" setting and please report if you need anything else.
PS: if the reddit problem persists, please file a bug report at https://github.com/serv-inc/safe-search/issues !
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14017744, vor 5 JahrenGreat, especially when combined with another Add-on called "Public Fox", which allows adding password protection on the Add-ons menu to prevent disabling the Add-on.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon B.Forbes, vor 5 JahrenThank you so much for making this add-on. It is too easy to turn off safe search, and making it just a little harder is a great idea.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon alainternaute, vor 5 JahrenMerci pour cet excellent addon. Mais je dois le désactiver pour pouvoir lire les vidéos YouTube.
Thanks for this excellent addon. But I must disable it to play YouTube videos.Je vous en prie. L'addon a recu une option pour YouTube. Cela vous laisse lire tous les vidéos non-adultes.
You're welcome. The addon now has an option for YouTube to view restricted, but not adult, content.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13511542, vor 5 JahrenI really like this extension. It work very well. It enforce the strict mode on many search engines. An the user cannot change the strict mode. However, the extension should be password protected to block it's deactivation on a child account.