- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14629992, vor 4 JahrenExactly what I was looking for, awesome work!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon GNU/Val, vor 4 JahrenI was so happy to pass by RSSPreview, which seems to be _exactly_ what I was looking for (a very simple RSS feed viewer, without tons of features that are unnecessary to me)!
But... the main reason I've been looking for a replacement to what-Mozilla-removed-from-end-users-recently is (French radio) France Inter's numerous feeds. I was still confident when I saw RSSPreview display a page like http://radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/rss_10217.xml the same way FF used to display it.
Unfortunately, my first attempt to download one of the available MP3 podcasts led to an immediate error message (here translated from French):
The download can't be saved since an unknown error occurred.
Please try again.
"Erreur de téléchargement"
Le téléchargement ne peut pas être enregistré car une erreur inconnue est survenue.
Veuillez essayer à nouveau.
Could dev/author Aurelien David take a look into this?
I'm ready to raise my notation greatly as soon as France Inter is correctly supported :)
Update 1: thanks for getting in touch Aurélien! Considering that it works for you, I'll continue my investigations (I'm running FF 65.0 on a GNU/Linux system, RSSPreview 3.2). It could be that another of my extensions conflicts with yours... Sure, in case I'm not able to solve this by myself, I will open an issue on Github.
Update 2: CONFLICTING extension found -> uMatrix! Disabling the latter solved the issue - surprisingly, since it wasn't blocking anything (nothing detected on this radiofrance-podcast.net XML page ^^). Anyway, despite of the uMatrix icon displayed in grey color for radiofrance-podcast.net, I disabled all uMatrix filters for this domain (On/Off button) and got around the problem that way. But still wondering why/how uMatrix is impacting RSSPreview...
Update 3 (FINAL): the "problem" actually comes from uMatrix standard configuration, which blocks any media not belonging to the visited domain (radiofrance-podcast.net in my case). Podcasts are actually hosted on rf.proxycast.org, as I could read on the uMatrix logger-ui.html page (accessible via uMatrix "Aller au Journal" top-right option). Allowing media coming from domain rf.proxycast.org solved the issue (without having to disable uMatrix for domain radiofrance-podcast.net) :)
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 4 JahrenWell I use Radio France's feeds extensively so I can confirm that they (should) work :)
On the page you linked I have no problem downloading files (either with right click > save as, or just click an mp3 link which gets opened in firefox).
What version of firefox and rsspreview are you using?
Can you maybe open an issue at https://github.com/aureliendavid/rsspreview/issues ? It's easier to discuss technical problems there.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13821480, vor 4 JahrenAs it always had to be, good job!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon JaPeTi, vor 4 JahrenThis is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14581925, vor 4 JahrenDoes exactly what has been removed in Firefox Quantum version 64.0 (dec. 2018): previews RSS feeds (ie detects when you open one and uses an appropriate style sheet). This is minimalist and exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot for sharing this!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14578759, vor 4 JahrenThank you for making this, I'm so excited to use it!! I can't figure out how though, can someone please explain? I'm used to seeing RSS from my "Bookmarks toolbar", I don't know where to go for this one.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon 🐬 I'M YourOnly.One ❄️ 🔏, vor 4 JahrenIt does what it advertises, re-create the old Firefox feed preview layout.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon enidgrey, vor 4 JahrenThanks! I was really beginning to miss that built-in RSS feature in Firefox. This is an extremely helpful replacement.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon /\/\/\/, vor 4 JahrenLongtime hardcore RSS user here. This extension does basically *exactly* what I expected it to. Thank you most kindly for giving back what Mozilla has taken away from us!