- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenUpdate to my 5 star review 6 years ago: unfortunately this add-on seems to have been abandoned by its original maintainers, therefore a bug showing up in Firefox 66.0.2 and onwards renders it unusable.
I have created an alternative version: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/pwdhash2/
(on a sidenote: I'm also the author of the pull request for migrating this extension to WebExtension two years ago)
I've been using it for years now and it still serves me well! Unobtrusive and simple: just prefix with @@ or F2 and your password will be a hashed one specific for this site.
No more worries when a site leaks all of the unsalted passwords.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenDoesn't work anymore!
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenWhy has this been abandoned? This is such an important feature but all addons that go into this direction get abandoned. As if there was someone who does not want the we can use safe passwords...
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIch benutze PwdHash seit vielen Jahren, als von Computerbild erstmals darüber berichtet worden war. Es erfordert keinen extra Passwort-Tresor um Passwörter im PC zu speichern.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenVery convenient
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI've used this addon since I discovered it and I could not live without it. However, it is not compatible with Firefox's new multiprocess engine. I would love an update to do so.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternen2016 still using since this was released, wish there were a few updates... :/
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIt is a great add-on but unfortunately not compatible with Firefox 45.5.1 :-(
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenSo far so good
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenUse it for everything. However, a lot of sites have requirements regarding length, use of symbols, etc. Need options.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThanks to this addon I've stopped using the same password for every site. It works very well on most sites.
I have only two problems with it:
- There's no visual indication that the hashed password is being sent.
- Subdomains like a.com.es and b.com.es generate the same password. These domains are equivalent to .co.uk domains but for Spain. There're more of these kind of subdomains that should be treated like different sites.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenin iceweasel 45.0a2 on debian 8 writing even one @ or pressing F2 immediately results in a segmentation fault. I really like this extension, and would like to use it on many platforms, I help to debug if I can...
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenPlease add an option to let us choose another key instead of F2.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI am lost without this add-on. Please please update for Firefox 42!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis extension is the best Firefox extension, except for uBlock Origin. It really needs support for Firefox 42.0!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenSo Mozilla disabled this addon in FF 42, reminding me of how much I really don't like the game of "If I upgrade, I wonder which addons won't work any more?"
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenExcellent addon, but it has been disabled with FireFox 42. Could somebody please update it to make it work with FF 42?
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenHi, I just updated to FF 42 and can't get this addon working anymore... it's really essential for me, so please update this addon as soon as you can. I really wonder why Mozilla specifically disabled it...
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenHi, this addon will not install to Firefox 42 and I even changed the max version in the install .rdf and couldn't get it to install. Please update! All my passwords are based on this addon.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenI can't recommend this, and I know the Stanford PwdHash library pretty well. This is a poor implementation. One major drawback is that there's no indication of whether or not the @@/F2 key sequence worked or not (it doesn't work on every site). So you're not sure if you're sending a hashed password or not.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat to keep different & secure passwords for each site. I've been using it for years now and can't live without :-)