- von Philip Goddard, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenOpen With saves me a whole lot of hassle. Some sites don't work properly in FF, so, using Open With I can quickly load the current page in Chrome or (perish the thought!) Edge. But still more useful and indeed important for me is that I can quickly load the current page in BlueGriffon, my web page editor, or in EditPad Pro. I use both these latter for working on my local version of my extensive five websites. Saves a huge amount of hassle!
One odd thing. Just lately, the toolbar icon for Open With has taken to repeatedly giving a warning message, that Open With couldn't make contact with the outside world (presumably meaning it couldn't make an Internet connection). But its permissions don't include being able to do so, so something is clearly screwy about this.
As another reviewer has remarked, it would be greatly helpful to have a facility for exporting / importing one's settings.
I found that this extension had ceased working, and presumably this was associated with the error message noted above. I followed a reasonable hunch and re-ran "[path]open_with_windows.py install", and that fixed it.
- von MaximuxBrian, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI would not be able to live without this extension! Thanks Geoff for putting in all the work into it. I have a handful of privacy friendly extensions installed like Umatrix and ublock origin and a couple of other othes that often times break websites that i'm visiting for the first time. Most of the time i don't want to bother customizing the rules for the website because i probably will not be visiting it again so i quickly open the page using a different firefox profile and continue with my workflow. Makes my life incredibly easy and am very glad to have donated the $10 to try to pay back for all the time that i have saved using this.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12124195, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGood Extention.
Some wish from me:
Is it possible to add "open with" to the context menu not only for the links on the page, but also for the bookmarks in the bookmarks menu too?
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14121553, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenMany thanks for this great work !! ;-) Maybe hard to install for some people, but I think the documentation is good enough and this work really great with all browsers....
- von Dewnan, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat extension, you need to install Python for it to work though. I use it to open Internet Explorer, Waterfox and videos in PotPlayer. A definite must have addon.