- von BobDawson, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIf you've been using older versions of NoSquint Plus and can't get 62.1 to work it's because you haven't followed the developers instructions. Note where the developer says your Firefox profile may be corrupt and to try creating a new profile and installing the add-on. When I did this magically NSP started working like a charm.
You can create a new profile from the about:profiles page which will also show you where your old profiles are. The following support article will tell you how to copy your bookmarks, site preferences, logins/passwords etc. from your old profile.
You can then copy over your extensions (I recommend you do it one-by-one) from the extensions and browser-extension-data folders from your old profile. Better yet add/re-install one-by-one as this is a good time to review which add-ons you actually use. You have to reapply your add-on settings and tweaks to about:config but this will reveal any conflicts that cause NSP 60+ not to work properly. All the browser.link.open_newwindow settings should be set to default in order for the global settings tab to open.
You could try just backing up and deleting or renaming the prefs.js file in your old profile. This is probably where the corruption resides. My prefs.js went from 256K to 22K between my old and new profiles. Copying my old prefs.js to the new profile caused NSP to break.
Other potential conflicts - themes or skins, the native Firefox zoom control (remove it from your toolbar if you added it), other extensions (that's why you should add them one-by-one). TabsMixPlus conflicts on pre-Firefox 57 but since there is no Webextension version yet that is not a problem for now,
The only major issues I find with v62.1 is if you click "save" settings for a site the options panel will lock up for that site only. Close all tabs for that site or restart the browser and the panel will unlock. the lack of zoom controls on the toolbar (probably due to the Toolbar API not available yet) and the zoom level indicator in the address box shows only full (text and images) zoom.
Otherwise this is an essential add-on tthat works as advertised - if you follow the instructions.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13487949, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenTrès simple à utiliser et contrairement aux autres, cette application est parmi les rares à proposer le zoom par défaut de toutes les pages firefox...
- von nakivagyok, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenAt he latest version of 57.0b14 (64 bit) if I will change the Text an background, then that site will no longer work with NoSquint Plus 62.0 ( NoSquint Plus 62.0 delete ==> after reinstallation, Firefox cache and profile storage I cleared).
- von displayname9000, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI understand there may be problems updating the add-on to be compatible with the forthcoming Firefox 57. Hopefully you can get it sorted. If not, then at least you tried! :)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12636377, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI've used NoSquint for years and it has really helped me, but just recently it's not working properly. It may be this newest update. Please fix it. I need to see the tiny words and pics. Thanks!
- von tosh9i, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenFirst of all, I love this addon. I couldn't surf the web without it, which is why I think it's imperative that it gets fixed. The Zoom In (+) and Zoom out (-) buttons on the toolbar need to be restored. When I use the mousewheel to zoom in, it zooms in, but I "try" to zoom out, it "zooms in" even more.
I thought that the best thing to do was to try an older version of both Firefox and the addon, and it worked for a couple of weeks, but all of sudden, it just stopped working. Also, same for the text settings when you click on the icon.
Please get this working again.
Update: apparently, that "unable to zoom out" thing only applies to some sites, but not all of them. For example, it works here on this addon page, but NOT on Google.com
- von George, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI think you only realize how good it is when it has a problem. I worked my way up to 61.3 but have reverted to 56.1. How do you find out it's fixed ?
- von geoff80, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI had to go back to NoSquint Plus 56.1 to get it working again. Is there a way to fix it for Firefox 56, so I can use the latest version, or is it just broken in newer versions because it is now exclusively a web extension? Thank you for making it compatible with 57, cause I do plan to move to that version soon.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12347706, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI have Glaucoma so that add-on was my most precious one, now the idiots at Firefox nixed it. If I cannot read the screen, I will switch to Chrome.
F.fox has the nerve to bleat about FREEDOM, what about OURS = The users"?
Lets have a revolution and inundate their HQ with complaints letter in snail-mail format. I will spend the N-cents for that , but no longer to support that team of mentally impaired amateurs..
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12241489, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenStopped working upon auto-update to 61.2, but things got back on track after I restarted the browser. I guess the legacy->WebExt update path is, uhhh, not heavily-tested in Firefox...