Bewertet mit 3,7 von 5 Sternen
3,7 von 5 Sternen
- von Michael Pachta, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenUnfortunately, logging into eBay does not work when this add-on is active. I end up in an eternal loop of reCaptchas. No way to escape. Only when I disable Canvas Defender I can log in.
- von Sal, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenDoes what it says it does. It creates a randomized canvas fingerprint. It also notifies you of the website grabbing yours.
I had to rate my first browser add-on because some of these negative reviews are invalid because they tested against whether or not one is obtainable or not. The developer didn't say it blocks obtaining one, only that it sends a random one. I tested it on panopticlick.eff.org
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15155973, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenIt works but you need to manually change the fingerprint at the right moments. Would be much better if it did provide a different fingerprint to each website, and then change again overnight or some such. If you forget to push the icon at some intervals, it's useless.
- von daniel.mota.leite, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenDidn't work for me, maybe there is something else blocking it (umatrix, privacy badger), but with this installed and without, the test site show the same fingerprint
- von Gtbs, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenSome websites just don't work with this addon enabled. The notification is annoying and the reasons dev gives for keeping it that way are not justified.
Try CanvasBlocker instead, it's still being updated.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14025195, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWorks as advertised, but every time it it detects an attempt to fingerprint you get a notification. It gets to be very annoying and there is no way to disable the alert.
- von zingmars, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenWhile the idea is nice theoretically, practically this addon isn't all that useful. Apps using canvas for legitimate reasons (i.e. WhatsApp web file upload, draw.io file export) will often have coloured tint (or sometimes it will just break the app completely) on them, which not only affects the web experience, but will also make you trackable. The addon does have a white-list function, but I haven't been able to get it to work. There's also an annoying notification that pops up on every webpage that tries to read your canvas hash and you can't actually disable it.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13438203, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenIt is absolutely ridiculous that you can't disable the notification when a page (MOST PAGES) try to read your fingerprint. Seriously. I emailed the developer about it and he said he didn't plan on changing anything more than a year ago. Completely bonkers.