Bewertet mit 3,5 von 5 Sternen
3,5 von 5 Sternen
- von Clovis, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis small add on will change the way you consume.
News on the internet is a fragile thing, NewsGuard is giving users a way to easily find out the details of the news website and put content into context. This is an important tool to have. If only this was around in 2015...
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15763275, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI am grateful for this extension. It is a reliable way for me and others to weed out bogus "news" sources. The approach is fair and well thought out. Recommended.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15759582, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenWhile I'm skeptical of most fact-checking organizations, the criteria Newsguard uses are things most credible and reputable organizations and their websites should not just be able to easily satisfy, but they should WANT to satisfy.
- von Scott1763, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIn a world of "fake news," it is critical to have an independent and unbiased evaluation of news sites. NewsGuard does this quite well and lets you know which sites to trust.
- von glt, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenEvery competitive endeavor needs an arbiter. Whether it is in a national election, or a courtroom trial, or a tennis court, or a chess match. Of course the judges are human, with all the complexities that go with that. But most arbiters try VERY hard to be objective, and take pride in the fairness they bring to the competition.
NewsGuard is there at the top with the very best. They lean in to the wind of adversity, and take the high road to fairness.
Trust is earned. They have mine.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15381359, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI am fed up with journals, other news media, some tweeters and trolls publishing information that is suspect, clearly untrue or downright mischievous. It is sometimes very difficult to discern what is real news and what is fake; what is a reliable source of information and what is not. I subscribed to Newsguard in beta and now subscribe to the pay version and am more than satisfied with the protection and information it gives me.
I note that recently unfavourable reviews are appearing, often from sources rated poorly by Newsguard, and other malevolent contributors. This may, in fact, be a great compliment for Newsguard as an unwitting acknowledgement of the veracity of their ratings and assessments. Be very conscious of this when reading reviews !
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14874135, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenA great tool for sifting through the noise, and steering you to reputable information. Try it for yourself and randomly review many news and media sources. If your favorite site doesn't score well, maybe ask yourself why instead of blaming the messenger.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15759179, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIt's an indispensable tool in the struggle against misinformation and foreign propaganda. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
- von Dave, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenThis was useful before it started opening new windows for TOS acceptance every time you opened the browser, or now with a new window that it opens randomly. It's become hugely irritating so I just removed it from Firefox and Chrome.