Bewertet mit 3,5 von 5 Sternen
3,5 von 5 Sternen
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12814696, vor 9 MonatenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenNewsguard seems to take a good approach. However, I also have the impression that Newsguard itself is not entirely open and transparent about what opinions and currents are represented there. The ratings sometimes seem a bit biased, while pages of dubious reputation sometimes come off surprisingly well.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14179079, vor 9 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenI would advise against this add-on. After use and research, I've found it to be more of an opinion-based censor than an actual truth-verifying app of any use.
- von MrFrodo, vor 9 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThe app was founded by one right-leaning and one left-leaning news entrepreneur, and their advisory board has people that worked for both Democrat and Republican administrations. Read their detailed reviews of sites, not just the nutrition label, before you knock this extension. It is a needed resource these days. They also have adjusted ratings based on communications with the sites they review, and this is included in the detailed article. As a more liberal news consumer, I have used the extension to both widen and fine-tune my news consumption, finding solid sources on the other side to check my own narrow lens and also finding out shortcomings with some of the sites I frequent.
- von goo, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenUPDATE: it has changed over to a subscription service and no longer free for personal use.... too bad.
quick and helpful without being too intrusive... the hover delay could be longer
currently no way to request a re-review of a website that has already been reviewed.
for some reason clicking on the full report link has an opacity overlay (greyed out) that requires an ESC to clear.... seems heavy handed.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15768388, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenUsing Twitter or Facebook without this extension is impossible for me now. NewsGuard is amazing. The 1-star reviews here are from propaganda and misinformation websites who are upset that they are getting called. Ignore them.
If you want to know what sources you can trust, use this plugin.
- von LoisCozzi, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI found this add-on before it became a subscription service. I have found it very useful and unbiased. They utilize well accepted journalistic standards, and they provide each site an opportunity to respond to their ratings.
I agree with charging for the service, as a software QA Engineer I recognize that development is not free, by paying for the service we assist in keeping it unbiased.