Bewertet mit 3,5 von 5 Sternen
3,5 von 5 Sternen
- von goo, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenUPDATE: it has changed over to a subscription service and no longer free for personal use.... too bad.
quick and helpful without being too intrusive... the hover delay could be longer
currently no way to request a re-review of a website that has already been reviewed.
for some reason clicking on the full report link has an opacity overlay (greyed out) that requires an ESC to clear.... seems heavy handed.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15768388, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenUsing Twitter or Facebook without this extension is impossible for me now. NewsGuard is amazing. The 1-star reviews here are from propaganda and misinformation websites who are upset that they are getting called. Ignore them.
If you want to know what sources you can trust, use this plugin.
- von LoisCozzi, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI found this add-on before it became a subscription service. I have found it very useful and unbiased. They utilize well accepted journalistic standards, and they provide each site an opportunity to respond to their ratings.
I agree with charging for the service, as a software QA Engineer I recognize that development is not free, by paying for the service we assist in keeping it unbiased.
- von Clovis, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis small add on will change the way you consume.
News on the internet is a fragile thing, NewsGuard is giving users a way to easily find out the details of the news website and put content into context. This is an important tool to have. If only this was around in 2015...
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15763275, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI am grateful for this extension. It is a reliable way for me and others to weed out bogus "news" sources. The approach is fair and well thought out. Recommended.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15759582, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenWhile I'm skeptical of most fact-checking organizations, the criteria Newsguard uses are things most credible and reputable organizations and their websites should not just be able to easily satisfy, but they should WANT to satisfy.
- von Scott1763, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIn a world of "fake news," it is critical to have an independent and unbiased evaluation of news sites. NewsGuard does this quite well and lets you know which sites to trust.
- von glt, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenEvery competitive endeavor needs an arbiter. Whether it is in a national election, or a courtroom trial, or a tennis court, or a chess match. Of course the judges are human, with all the complexities that go with that. But most arbiters try VERY hard to be objective, and take pride in the fairness they bring to the competition.
NewsGuard is there at the top with the very best. They lean in to the wind of adversity, and take the high road to fairness.
Trust is earned. They have mine.