Bewertet mit 3,5 von 5 Sternen
3,5 von 5 Sternen
- von MrFrodo, vor 6 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThe app was founded by one right-leaning and one left-leaning news entrepreneur, and their advisory board has people that worked for both Democrat and Republican administrations. Read their detailed reviews of sites, not just the nutrition label, before you knock this extension. It is a needed resource these days. They also have adjusted ratings based on communications with the sites they review, and this is included in the detailed article. As a more liberal news consumer, I have used the extension to both widen and fine-tune my news consumption, finding solid sources on the other side to check my own narrow lens and also finding out shortcomings with some of the sites I frequent.
- von goo, vor 8 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenUPDATE: it has changed over to a subscription service and no longer free for personal use.... too bad.
quick and helpful without being too intrusive... the hover delay could be longer
currently no way to request a re-review of a website that has already been reviewed.
for some reason clicking on the full report link has an opacity overlay (greyed out) that requires an ESC to clear.... seems heavy handed.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15768388, vor 8 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenUsing Twitter or Facebook without this extension is impossible for me now. NewsGuard is amazing. The 1-star reviews here are from propaganda and misinformation websites who are upset that they are getting called. Ignore them.
If you want to know what sources you can trust, use this plugin.
- von LoisCozzi, vor 8 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI found this add-on before it became a subscription service. I have found it very useful and unbiased. They utilize well accepted journalistic standards, and they provide each site an opportunity to respond to their ratings.
I agree with charging for the service, as a software QA Engineer I recognize that development is not free, by paying for the service we assist in keeping it unbiased.
- von Clovis, vor 8 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis small add on will change the way you consume.
News on the internet is a fragile thing, NewsGuard is giving users a way to easily find out the details of the news website and put content into context. This is an important tool to have. If only this was around in 2015...
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15763275, vor 8 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI am grateful for this extension. It is a reliable way for me and others to weed out bogus "news" sources. The approach is fair and well thought out. Recommended.