- von Firefox-Benutzer 13639815, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis extension is exactly what I needed. I needed something to read selected text off websites that I had a hard time reading, I tried the Windows 10 voice thing but it was so unruly and annoying - announcing everything my mouse went over when I just needed it to dictate selected text (Im not completely blind) - Windows failed. I found this extension and it does exactly that! Perfectly!
This should be a built in feature in browsers today, but thankfully we have this add-on extension.
After installing the add-on make sure you put a check next to the built in voices. Now I just need to find some better voices...
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13631884, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThank you for this. Using Firefox 57.0.4 and mostly reading mail. I tried it on reading a news article and other things and it worked. I would rather listen while I do other things than sit at the computer and this lets me do that. Many thanks.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13251039, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI wondered whether it is possible to get the add-on work natively in Linux?
In meantime I use this online reader: https://ttsreader.com/mac osx has preinstalled voices and chrome has built in voices ... on windows, firefox depends on os installed voices...
maybe gooogle something like "sapi for linux" or similar !
open-sapi comes up but you need to look for youself if it works
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13577949, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenDoes a pretty well job, in contrast with its competition as it allows more options in regards of voice rate, pitch and volumen in the settings, unlike others.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13450525, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIt worked beautifully before Firefox quantum, but now it's not generating sound. So please tell me if there is any problem from my side or the add-on is not totally prepared for Firefox quantum. I gave it 5 star in the hope that it will work fine just like before.