- von Firefox-Benutzer 15105122, vor 5 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWork on *buntu/PopOS/Mint. Used with voices from voxin.oralux.net Pause doesn't seem to work. Uses speach-dispatcher (spd-say), so should be the same on other distributions
If you don't want to buy the voxin voices, https://askubuntu.com/review/late-answers/1080392 should work with this extension too
- von kasquer, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenExactly the type of extension I was looking for. It was working perfectly until I upgraded to windows 10. Now the only problem is whenever you make it read something in a new tab, for some reason it starts reading in a completely different voice. If you stop it and try again it works normally, still a bit irritating though considering I only have 1 voice enabled.
- von grahamperrin, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWhilst the stop button works, the pause button does not.
If it helps, I find pause not working with at least two other extensions:
Also, the name of the installed extension (multilanguagetexttospeechtts) does not match the name here. Can you make it match the name here?
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14785857, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI'm enjoying using the reader and I'm using Zira for the voice, but I can't increase the reading Rate. I'd like Zira to read faster but the Rate setting slider doesn't move. Is there anything I can do to fix that?
- von Mousey Mo, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI want to start off by saying I use this app a lot. I really like it, but it's gone buggy. I have to do a lot of reading all the time (college student) I this has the most consistently working speech rate function, but occasionally, and I have no idea why, I'll go to use it and the speech rate is back to where it defaults and I can't get it back where I want it. This leaves me stuck taking a lot longer to read everything. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's an issue with the add on or the browser. I really don't want to find a new one, because I'm used to this one.
Additionally, is there any way to make it read an entire article without having to select it first? I have to use a different program for that right now, and I HATE that one because when I try to speed it up, the speech rate is very inconsistent.sorry man .. i know what you mean and it didnt happen in the old version .. mozillas implementation of the webspeech engine is still changing from version to version ... and i cannot implement reading a whole site becasue it would read out all the links and otehr useless stuff , there no way to bring consistancy over the many websites that exist
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13774846, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenBest TTS add-on, yes, but a few suggestions:
1. All voices starting as disabled took a bit to figure out, especially with the unresponsive save button, I wasn't sure if it was doing anything. I suspect this might be why it did 'not work' for some.
2. Reading an academic pdf still took close to 3 minutes for a single page, on the fastest setting. For a 20-page article, that's close to an hour. Would highly appreciate an increased upper limit.
Otherwise, terrific add-on. No hangups, no pauses between lines, and customization!
Edit: Which voice? I was using the Microsoft Hazel (British English) voice. The US voices (David & Zira) seemed a little faster.which voice? on fastest setting they should be so fast you cant understand it anymore
edit: i can only send the speed value to the system speech settings , every voice is different , some 3rd party voice dont even support pitch and speed and it gets ignore but english microsoft voices david and zira should sound like smurfs on acid when cranking up the speed and pitch XD
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13759898, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenEasy to install and use.
I just have a small request.
Is it possible to associate a "speak key" shortcut?
I have a partial visual impairement and was used to
utilize another plugin in an older version of Firefox,
that is not available on this latest version. And that
plugin had a configurable start/stop speech key shortcut.
That made my work a lot easier, because a i need ir for
almost every text i need to read.
- von Ike Ferber, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenFF 60.0.1 broke reading pdf's. Web pages read fine. On pdf's, the apps shows enabled, but when highlighting text and right clicking, the context menu shows the app but when selecting it to speak, nothing happens; the pause and stop buttons do not show up and there is no sound. I am dependent on this tts app so please help and take a look at it. Thank you.click on the language you want to set setting for before moving the sliders , when no language is selected the sliders are locked ...maybe i should style them so it is more obvious . thanx for the 5 star