- von Uncreated, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenServiceable, but could use enhanced features to help manage and prevent unwanted cookie-cross pollination into containers. An automatic default container would be nice for any website not in the whitelist.
EDIT: Adding an extra star to this as I realized toggling "limit to designated sites" for each container forces non-whitelisted sites into the default container, preventing unwanted sites from contaminating my custom ones.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16351244, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis is a great app and works very nicely with how various sites redirect you to their sub domains etc. The only thing I'd like added is
(1) being able to delete cookies and cache for a container group
(2) being able to assign different containers not only for different sub-domains, but different URI's
- von Firefox-Benutzer 17357883, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenAbsolutely necessary extension thanks! The only thing I wish would be to have entire windows automatically opening new tabs in the container of the other tabs of the window
- von Tumbleweed, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenHaving separate cookies for each container is an absolute godsend!
The thing I really miss is, that you aren't able to set containers in bookmarks, that's why I deducted a star.
On YouTube, I have a container for each of my channels, so I don't have to switch accounts constantly, and each container is saved as a separate bookmark, so I can access that channel easily.
For the time being I installed a separate extension to solve this, but imho, this should definitely be solved in this extension, since this is a very basic/common request I would imagine.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15866750, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis add-on is simply game changing! Containers are an essential part of my daily workflow and now this makes it twice as fast!
The one thing holding me back from giving 5 stars is PLEASE ADD AN EXPORT BUTTON 😵 Being able to sort and reorder the containers is REALLY nice but useless if the Firefox settings don't follow it. This means having to recreate the Firefox settings' containers before syncing the extension (which will probably break everything) so an import/export feature would make managing your list of sites much less a headache! 😁😁
Another feature I would like to request: Why not allow star notation for domains? Lots of other plugins allow me to add any google site with *.google.com for example. Includes every service for that domain.
- von Craig, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis add-on is pretty great but there are time when it completely removes all my data and I have to basically re-start and re-setup all my containers and say which sites open up where for no reason.
Just happened tonight where my three pinned tabs were all of sudden closed (about 20 seconds after just freshly opening the browser) and my custom containers don't exist anymore.
Could be my own issue where I use Firefox Nightly during the day and sync with Firefox Beta in the evenings so the sync-ing process messes things up but I don't know.
Makes me sad.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13992999, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenwould be nicer if you had 2 more options:
1) option to enable/disable "Sort Tabs by Container" within settings with a checkbox or move it somewhere else, where you can't click it by accident. It's more than annoying if around 600 tabs get rearranged when you had them in a specific order …
2) an option to force the current container to inherit and thus override the settings for target tabs during this session only. Use case: online shops have their own container, banks have their own container, thus you can't really pay in an online shop as it switches to bank container and thus loses all important cookies and payment information. Add a tick next to url bar for override during this session and bank and all subsequent redirects would thus get the online shop container but ONLY during this session.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14075487, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenVery good extension for when you have multiple Microsoft accounts. One problem: everytime I sync my containers on a new device it adds the default containers, I have to remove them one at a time.
Ideally, it would be nice to delete the defaults when I sync; at least it would be nice to have the possibility to delete multiple containers at once.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 17277083, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenHonestly unclear how to use this ext properly. Seems as though Mozilla VPN client (stand-a-lone app) must be turned on in order for containers to fully function as expected (that is the VPN client I'm using). But the VPN app already encrypts all traffic. If this ext is just to segregate tabs for quick access and set specific endpoints then great job Mozilla. I was more interested in having the web traffic routed through VPN without needing to have the VPN client active. Like if you are gaming on one screen while shopping on another, esp. if the game requires Anti-cheat, having the VPN enabled doesn't work. Maybe its just my understanding of what this is intended for...? pssst... new feature Mozilla :). In any case it works great for keeping tabs organized into buckets, as well as setting individual VPN endpoints for each.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 MonatenYou might be able to use a proxy server to do what you want - if you set your shopping container to use a proxy, all your shopping container traffic will go thru that proxy (effectively hiding your IP address from stores & merchants), while your gaming will go thru your regular connection.