- von Bjørnar, vor 2 TagenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenReally good, but the recent update took it from 5 to 4.
The prompt used to have focus on the "open in X container", which made it easy to just press enter to continue.
This is no longer the case and I now have to click it with the cursor.
It might not sound like a big deal, but doing this 100+ times a day really makes it painful.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 17168040, vor 3 TagenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenVery close to perfect! A lot of great features! Excellent for both security and privacy. Just a couple of points keeping it from 5 stars:
1st: We need an option so that all tabs set to open in a container by default won't prompt the user to ask if they want to open a link in its assigned container. It should just do it.
2nd: "The Manage Site List..." menu needs an option to manually enter a web address. Currently the only option is to use the address bar button while navigating, but this can break some re-direct heavy sites. Slack logins, for instance, may go through several different corporate domains in an instant and will break in horribly painful ways if one of those URLs isn't allowed to open in the container holding the login cookie.
3rd: Mozilla VPN is a good idea, but its implementation would be less vulnerable to traffic profiling attacks if it were on by default on all containers and each individual container had a separate opt-out option instead of the current enable option. I'd also like if the service weren't tied to specific Firefox accounts, or had a multi-account payment plan, so that I could use it on my work and home accounts at the same time.
4th: This is just a wish-list thing, but I'd absolutely adore it if you allowed us to use third party VPN logins instead of Mozilla VPN. This would be really great for tunneling into VPNs tied to router networks in the home or at work as if the user were physically on location. A lot of companies do this for security and including this could really help adoption.
Address at least the first three of these and you'll get five stars!
- von oquendo123, vor 8 TagenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenLa extensión es excelente una de las mejores para esto, pero por favor ya arreglen el problema que cuando se cierra el navegador y no escondí las pestañas de un contenedor al abrir el navegador, abren como pestañas normales y no en su contenendor.. Es un incordio y dan ganas de dejar de usar esta extensión.
- von Beer Cup, vor 8 TagenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI use this addon to login to multiple social accounts. Very good addon.
But once enabled this addon, the desktop notification no matter from inside or outside the container would not showing the pictures through proxy. Yes, I use firefox's proxy setting and visit matrix element chat sites. (Firefox 94.0.2 x64, Windows 10 Pro, this Addon 8.0.2). Downgrade this addon to 7.4.0, no this problem.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15755045, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenContainers are a good idea. I like the warm-fuzzy of knowing that trackers are limited by Container (right?).
I truly enjoy the color-coding.
And I like the option, accessible from within the little Containers icon* that allows me to choose to group tabs by Container. That Grouping option allows me to keep newly opened tabs together.
1) I need MORE colors. Eight is just not enough.
2)The option to alphabetize Containers by name doesn't flow through to Firefox Settings, and does not alphabetize when adding a new tab.
3) I tried to re-open a Google search tab that was not already in a Container, in a new Container named Amazon, but that operation failed. The new tab opened outside of a Container. The Google search tab opened as expected in a newly created Container named "Research".
I was a little concerned about the privacy of my data given the Containers' permission that says "Store unlimited amount of client-side data", but after reading https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1265089, that became a non-issue. Thanks!
Firefox is my go-to browser. Thanks for keeping user-privacy and convenience in mind!
- von HangmanA, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenthere is no way to change the position of the containers in the plugin. created the last are always at the bottom when selecting a tab. we must have the option to change tab position in the tabs list.
- von MiikaM, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenAwesome container extension! This let's me use firefox on every computer with as many accounts as I want.
+ Can separate different accounts to work on
+ Containers are themselves easy to manage
+ Can set default sites to be opened as specific containers (etc. a work intra)
+ Has keyboard shortcuts
And Couple improvement actions I would like to see with the container extension
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts. At least for now (that I'm aware of) you can't customize the keyboard shortcuts. => When having almost 10 containers it comes a bit of a nuissance to press Ctrl+Shift+9.
- A shortcut to open the existing tab with a specific container. Now you can do this by Ctrl + . and then choosing. But it would be great if you could do this faster.
- von Froster, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThe ideia is great, and having a trusted developer (Mozilla) behind is makes everything better. However, it could use some usability improvements when it comes to managing containers/websites, dealing with redirects and opening new links.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15076667, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenGreat add-in, should be built-in! Just one thing missing: it would be great to have a manager showing which site is assigned to which tab group, with the possibility of editing and adding new sites.
I have an issue with MS Sharepoint links opened from MS Outlook, they open in one tab group (none), are then redirected to another one ('work') for the microsoft login, and finally I end up with the landing page of sharepoint, rather than the document I wanted to open; some info seems to get lost on the way. I think the browser skims over some redirected site which is not in the right container on the way.
- von Rj137, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenplease please please, add separate cookies and history for each container, or the ability to disable history per container, or other better customization in the settings other than color and icon.
- von Code Medic, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWorks (almost) like a dream! With a bit of effort, setting up rules to split which websites fall into what container, splitting work and personal life is so easy! I have tried various solutions including multi-profile in both firefox and chrome family of browsers; it is very tricky when links are opened from other apps etc.
I would have given it a five star if containers worked well with addons that require login via their sister website. An example is the The Camelizer addon that has login via https://camelcamelcamel.com/. There is no way I can make it work with my personal profile.
- von Tnarera, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenOverall fantastic in separating cookies. One thing it needs is ability to hide the history of the containers from the main browser history. Either it should have option to keep no history just cookies for signing in etc. or show separate history for each container.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16997887, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI am so glad this exist. I can finally thwart cross-tracking. I'm specifically a fan of the possibility of assigning domains / sites to specific containers. And it's so easy to use.