Bewertet mit 4,3 von 5 Sternen
4,3 von 5 Sternen
- von Firefox-Benutzer 5701250, vor 9 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenIs the first fully functional ProxySwitch for use with Firefox 4.0
noProxy option, loads to firefox network settings only on selecting profile in combo. If you edit the settings and use the icon to switch, wont update firefox network settings.
[home socks5=127.0.0.1:8080 noProxy=localhost, 127.0.0.1, youtube.com]
- von Goky, vor 9 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenNice tools. Has some quirks, but generally nice.
Version 2011 cannot load config file. Go to author site an use version 2011.100 to solve this problem. (http://www.proxy-offline-browser.com/ProxySwitch/)
- von kiddian, vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis plugin is in fact great and it does exactly what I was looking for: switching between direct connection to internet and a proxy configuration file depending on where you are. But unfortunately, the explanations are rather obscure... I had to search the internet and I found a very step by step approach to setting that plugin in here:
Guys keep up the good work and many thanks.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 5149989, vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenupdate for 3.6Please download the MM3-ProxySwitch from our homepage.
This version works also with the latest version of Firefox 3.6
We have already uploaded the new version at mozilla.org.
The updates are checked manually at mozilla.
The update at mozilla.org is therefore delayed particularly at the major update of Firefox.
- von fanhe, vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThere is a bug in firefox 3.5
Sometimes, the configure would disappear when I start.We tested with the current versions:
- Firefox 3.5.4 Gecko/20091016 (default theme) with Windows XP Pro
- MM3-ProxySwitch 2009.60 (see version: your Firefox / Tools / Add-ons)
The reported problem doesn't occur.
Please inform about your configuration.
- von msimanga, vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI have been using this for a couple of years. At work, I work on three networks, each with a different proxy. Then I connect to the Internet at home so this tool save me a great deal of time.
I did try a few other proxy tools but I find myself back using ProxySwitch. Great job guys.
- von Altmeisterlich, vor 11 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenWorks absoulutely perfect. The extensions switches automaticly since 6 weeks between my 4 networks and 4 different proxy/no proxy Accesspoints.
If you figured it once out how the config works, it is easy and simple to build your own configuration which switches !automaticly! your proxy settings.
Absolutely amazing and invaluable!
Keep up your excellent work
- von Paul Leger, vor 11 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenI suggest to add a "simple configuration" mode and make it default. It should be possible to add a new proxy in the same way as in Firefox. The possibility to customize it via the edit dialog should be optional. A user should be able to switch the configuration dialog into "advanced" mode, but it shouldn't be default.
Also there should be some feedback about the current proxy in usage, just like the addon "SwitchProxy Tool" does it. Basically, it would be the best to have SwitchProxy Tool GUI with optional advanced edit mode as in MM3.
So please, Mr. Developer, take a look at the GUI of SwitchProxy Tool. This is how users want it.
And maybe a nice looking icon would be good too. The current one is damn ugly.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 11 JahrenWe are pleased about every note for the improvement of the MM3-ProxySwitch.
Some feedbacks are very different. We explain this by different application contexts.
To take these into account, two different user interface would be necessary according to your suggestion.
You probably have overlooked the symbol change for the two modes (direct Internet connection or proxy configuration) and the tooltip for the used proxy configuration.
- von bearslumber, vor 11 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenFantastic when you have to move your laptop/PC from one network to another, some with and some without a proxy.
It took a while for me to understand how each directive worked in the script for a particular proxy.
The key is that it tallies with the proxy settings, with the addition of defining key sequences.
- von epicaricacy, vor 12 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis is perfect for what I wanted!! Easy enough to set up after reading the page (although for the complete techno illiterate a visual interface would be good) and works just like it says. Thanks very much.
- von LostInThought, vor 12 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI think this is the best proxy switcher out there, and with a couple of additions I would never need another one.
I often like to switch to different proxies on the fly and this program lets me do that with a minimal effort.
I would want it to have the ability to read a comma delineated list of my own creation from a file (if it didn't have a name for the server in the list file it could randomly assign one based on country of ip and dns) as well as test to make sure the proxy was working by loading a test page and reporting the speed at which the page loaded(in the selection menu, result of load speed). Basically something to keep me from having to go through the list of proxy servers manually by testing out if they work and allow me to choose the faster ones from the list.
Also an additional button to cycle through the proxy servers instead of just one that sets it back to non proxy.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 12 JahrenMany thanks for your excellent assessment of the MM3-ProxySwitch.
The entered configuration is saved in the file:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\MM3-ProxySwitch.txt
We include this information in the documentation.
Many thanks for your note that this detail is missing till now.
Many thanks also for the suggestion for the further
development/completion of the script.
To such a function, till now, we hadn't thought.
Unfortunately, therefore we cannot meet any statement concerning the realization at present.
Is of interest for us:
Which products have already such a functionality?
Which experiences there exist with that?
- von Gianluca//ZK, vor 12 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIf you just want to switch between several proxies/socks and the direct internet connection, this is the perfect firefox extension.
You can easily define a list, and switch between proxies and socks in a click, then coming back direct with another click.. i can't ask anything more :)
I was using quick proxy (just 1 proxy to setup), but if you need to use more than 1 proxy this is the way to go.
I've also tried foxy proxy but it was too complicated to setup and overengineered overall, besides it hadn't a way to easily switch between different proxies, foxy it's just a way to automate the proxy-website combination as far as i understand, a completely useless task for me.
So this plugin is perfect for the task :)
thanks to the author
- von piyokun, vor 12 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenAlthough the alternative extension, FoxyProxy, has more features such as per-url proxy server selection, it was too confusing and had too much UI friction. Also I was a previous user of ezproxy but I was looking for something better.
MM3-ProxySwitch is great because of the easy button interface and free-form configuration. You can back up just the proxy configuration with a text editor (Use FEBE for real backups, of course)! Also it can load the Internet Explorer proxy configuration (unfortunately you need to manually create an about:config key! but maybe this is for those Unix users who don't want to see "Import IE").
The bad part is the free-form configuration. It is hard to figure out what the proper syntax is. Basically it seems like you cannot have a space in the name of your proxy setting, and the noProxy is a comma-delimited list of IPs or numbers without the ports. E.g. noProxy=.internal.example.com,internal2.example.com. Finally when the IE setting is imported, is the noProxy the same format? Can MM3-PS accept noProxy=*.internal.example.com for example? I though in firefox there is no * character.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 12 JahrenUnfortunately, the English description contained a description from the previous version yet.
The lastest version is: 2007.480
Blanks can be contained in the configuration name.
Is a help button missing at your text editor?
You get a HTML page with the description of the keyword with help button.
The Internet Explorer Settings can be imported now with the instruction:
You can type all settings of the Firefox in at: No Proxy for.
You see the settings:
Firefox / Tools / Options... / Advanced / Network / Connection / Settings...
The Internet Explorer has more settings. What is possible is converted for the Firefox.