- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon wolfesf, vor 5 JahrenGreat add-on for live streaming. A litle tricky to use 'til you understand it's quirks but does exactly what's supposed to do. - After reading some of the the other reviews I thought it may be helpful to mention , I'm using this app on FF 62.o.3 with a vpn service and privacy badger. Merci, for this great privacy app.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 9842646, vor 5 JahrenIt works even when you're on WiFi, where other location blockers fail (this is where they can really pinpoint you). I love that it has a search function in the map to quickly go to another country. It also remembers the location you want on a site by site basis.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Nico, vor 5 JahrenSorry is this is firefoxs fault but I funny enough would like to "fake" my real location on my PC because it actually does not have any GPS. And the modern web is all about smartphones and GPS so there is a app I actually can't use because of no location send. But even the example fails with "Geolocation error: Unknown error acquiring position." When I set my location and then click the location button. And yes I have given it permission.
Firefox 61.0.1 (64-Bit) Kubuntu 18.04
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 5 JahrenThanks for your report. Not sure what's happening but this does not seem normal. Could you please open an issue here with more info so that we track the problem?
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13993105, vor 6 JahrenLove the app. I would only like to see a couple minor changes. It would be great if you could put in multiple fixed locations and save them as a list. This way you could switch if needed quickly and easily rather than manually zooming in and out and clicking on the map. The rest of the app features are quite well thought out.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13971763, vor 6 JahrenNot working at allHello, please feel free to report this issue and provide more information here:
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13486581, vor 6 JahrenThe permissions this app require can... Read carefully what permissions this plugin can access:
Access your data for all websites:
The extension can read the content of any web page you visit as well as data you enter into those web pages, such as usernames and passwords.
Extensions requesting this permission might:
Read product and price information from a page to help find you the best price on items you're shopping for
Offer a password manager that reads and writes details of your username and password
Provide an ad blocker by reading the content of each web page you open to find and remove ad codeHello,
This does not mean that Location Guard reads your data. The extension is open source and reviewed by Mozilla, any malicious behaviour would be easily detected.
Note that the "Access your data for all websites" is standard for most addons, it's hard to do anything without it. Ghostery, for instance, is one of the most well known addons for privacy and does use it. Same for uBlock, AdBlock Plus, etc.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13650492, vor 6 JahrenDoes not work with vrv.coHello, vrv.co is almost certainly using your IP to detect your country.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Ziva, vor 6 JahrenThe user interface was immediately obvious (to me), but once learned it is easy and simple to use. I forestalled "upgrading" to v57 because "Location Guard" wasn't available when I went to update. Not a problem for me. I would rather use it.
The options to obscurifate your location, if you want to sort of present your actual location is great.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13563684, vor 6 JahrenIs there an option to make the fake geo-location match the IP address location? Some website marks your ip address if both locations are too far off.Not automatically, but you can use the "Fixed Location" mode, and set it to any location in your country in the options page.
Also feel free to suggest new features here: