Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Bob, vor einem Jahr
I installed it, and typed "map" into firefox search, and firefox showed a map of London. I changed the coordinates to my Seattle location in the addon, and tried again. It used to show my area when I typed "map", but now nothing I can do gets result in any map but london as the default. Uninstalling it, rebooting the pc, search my home address repeatedly...... same result. The Addon had no effect on anything else I tried it on.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon juan riccio, vor einem MonatIt works - more or less - but the extension icon is not shown in the Firefox toolbar. Besides, I'd love it if I could have a per-site location. Some sites I don't want to hide my location from, some I do. It's hard to remember that before visiting the site.
We need more customization!
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Byron, vor 2 MonatenHit or miss, though I don't think that is the extension's fault. I use a VPN, and that often means that sites display things based on my IP's location, but inappropriate for my actually location. I used the extension to set a fixed location and some sites respect it and others do not. For instance, lowes.com displays the store using the location of my VPN IP address on the other side of the state, and homedepot.com uses the fixed location from the extension. I think you just need to keep in mind that different sites use different techniques to derive your location. In my case, I want the security of a VPN with the convenience of sites knowing roughly, but not exactly, when I am. That does not seem to be 100% possible with this extension, but I'll use it for a while to see if it's good enough.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 12369950, vor 5 MonatenNEGATIVE 1 star--if only I could. This thing is LESS than worthless. It does NOT hide your location. I am not trying to "hide" per se--I just want to get RELEVANT SEARCHES---I DO NOT SPEAK the language of the country I am in, and I want SEARCHES THAT I CAN UNDERSTAND AND READ--IS THAT ASKING TOO MUCH? APPARENTLY SO. I thought this was going to be the answer to all of my extreme frustrations--but this thing does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING--and I do mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...except maybe FRUSTRATE ME MORE.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon jayrv, vor 6 MonatenDoes not work at all in Firefox V102.0.1. Installs and appears in add-ons extensions list, but no icon to turn it on/off appears on the add-ons bar. Nor does its control icon appear anywhere else.
Icons for all other extensions display OK, this is the only one that can't be found.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 16433678, vor einem JahrNot easy to use. Too much reading. Could be simple but instead the authors want you to read pages of text to figure out how to use it. Sad because this would be a very nice thing to have. Oh well.