Bewertet mit 4,4 von 5 Sternen
4,4 von 5 Sternen
- von Bill Stidham, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenHave it frozen to 0.99.47
I am NOT installing a separate piece of software so this can function
This extension works fine but webextension API is a POS
working around firefox's webextension API BS is becoming very time consuming for me
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 JahrenThe 2-component-architecture was the best way we came up with with regard to limitations of the WebExtensions API. I am aware that this is not optimal but what can be done instead?
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13696221, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenWe use this add-on in Firefox in combination with links in Alfresco to a local file folder system based on Alfresco. In the previous edition of this add-on it worked fine. Starting from today a new version of this add-on was installed: 0.99.57. Now the links does not work any longer and we receive the message: Attempt to postMessage on disconnected port. Pleas check that you have installed the native app. See installation Guide in addon-bar menu.
We have installed the previous version of this add-on: 0.99.47 and now the links in alfresco are working again.
I hope that there will be a solution so that we can go over to the latest edition of this add-on and to the latest version of firefox. By the way: we have tested the latest version of this add-on in Firefox 57... and then it was also not working
frans gooskensThanks for taking the time to report a bug in the new version with your use case description. BUT: Please, do not use the addon's review page for such things. Also, giving a negative review because of a bug is not what the review system is for. Please consult https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/review_guide for details. Please use the support link to report bugs and technical issues. If you like and if it is possible you could change the review.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13616587, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenVery useful add-on. I hope that it will be migrated as soon as possible.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13586061, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThanks to austrALIENsun for this very useful extension.
I wish the author can migrate it to a new extension format rerquired by Quantum.
- von Rumyr, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenWe have teams that use this on a daily basis. I am watching closely for the updated release so I may let them know that it is available. They are reluctantly turning to Chrome, right now, for this functionality.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13470367, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat add-on, probably one of the biggest time saver available!
Is there an ETA for Quantum add-on?
Unfortunately my script skills are to bad to assist you.
Anything else we could help you?I am glad to hear that the addon could help you so far.
I am sorry that I cannot give you an ETA. See some of my recent replies.
Thanks for offering your skills. If you are not a programmer maybe you can motivate young people in your neighborhood to get involved in Free Software and Mozilla Firefox in particular. For Mozilla, these are places to start:
Tiny steps... but in sum they build up to a big thing that made this addon possible.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13479086, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis extension is most useful for me, because I use a local mediawiki to manage my studies and gat access to local documents.
For this reason, I downgraded to FF 56 to be able to use it .
Thanks to the developer.
PhilippeThanks for describing your use case. This is good to know also for other users.
Sadly, the development of the new version is rather slow. Please consider using the latest Firefox for regular web browsing for security. Maybe you can install two versions of Firefox in parallel, see e.g. here: https://support.mozilla.org/de/questions/1170758
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13449539, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenHello, can you please create version for Firefox Quantum?
Thank youThanks for the review. The new version is in the making but due to shortage of man-power the development is slow. Please help to encourage more people to get involved in Free Software, e.g. by explaining the social benefits and positive effects to the public good.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13402649, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenЗамечательно работает, удобные настройки.
ОЧЕНЬ востребованное в работе. Можно легко перемешивать браузерные материалы с файловыми.
Если перестанет работать в 57-версии - даже и не знаю, что делать...
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13357812, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenЭто просто гениальное приложение, еще бы распознавала неактивные текстовые ссылки, цены бы не было
- von MrWillow, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI love this add-on, and use for a client to easily navigate to a huge filesystem to the right spot.
However, I wonder if this add-on can be rewritten for the upcoming changes in firefox:
I really hope so, because there is no alternative.
From what I heard Firefox will demand all add-ons to use the WebExtensions way, or the highway.
Any news on that?
I would hate to loose this functionality.Thanks for the review. There already is a prototype based on WebExtensions. It is not fully workable at the moment.
Hopefully, the free-time developers can fix it until Mozilla switches to WebExtensions only. Meanwhile, take a look at this campaign: https://publiccode.eu/. Supporting this will improve the overall state of Free Software funding.
- von Roy G, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis looks like exactly what we need to integrate references to network shares into an internal, web-based informational system we're developing, but...
Is there a trick to get it to access the top level directory on a server?
The link: file://///server/
doesn't work and I can't find anywhere any specific instructions to make it work. A subdirectory of that server works fine, as does a file, but I can't get that top level folder to open. Simply responds: Couldn't open file file://///server/
Other than that, great work!Thanks for the review. I am currently merely maintaining the addon so I have no ressources to investigate your issue. Please ask for further help here: https://github.com/feinstaub/firefox_addon_local_filesystem_links/issues
- von xicod, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenHi,
Used the extension. Wanted to remove it. Now 'file://' links do nothing in pages.
How to restore the default browser behaviour of using the built in file explorer?
Edit: was sorted out by itself, no idea howI am not sure why this is happening. Please file an issue here https://github.com/feinstaub/firefox_addon_local_filesystem_links/issues There we can help you.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12871159, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sterneni love this addon, but it's currently not usable as it's disabled. i had this working earlier this year in this version of Firefox. but when i went to check why the links on my web page had stopped opening, i found that the addon had been disabled. could you please get this fixed up so it starts working again.
Thanks.Great that you like the addon. I use version 51.0.1 and it works there. I have no resources to debug issues with older browser versions. Can you upgrade your browser to the latest version?
- von Michael, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI've been looking for something like this in Chrome and could not find anything. This is exactly what I needed! Life will be so much easier now! Thank you!Thanks for this great feedback. Good to hear that it is not so hard to make a life easier :-). Keep using, supporting and promoting Free Software. I am happy to announce that In the next weeks/months we will release a new and improved version.
- von Mr. Mao, vor 5 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternen1. Links like «\\link\random\" should be underlined and highlighted by blue color.
2. It would be great if direct links to file (like «\\link\random\file.jpg») opens inside browser as option.
3. Addon needs Settings menu.
4. Russian localizationThanks for the review. I answer point by point:
1. You mean this without using the HTML
2. At least for image files this is a good idea, you could propose it here: https://github.com/feinstaub/firefox_addon_local_filesystem_links/issues
3. Currently, the addon's settings page can be reached via the Firefox addons page.
4. Add this request here: https://github.com/feinstaub/firefox_addon_local_filesystem_links/issues We would need a developer who looks into making the addon localizable and someone with Russian knowledge to provide the translations.
- von contulmmiv, vor 5 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenHi... Thank you for the extension. However, the update of Feb 29th, 2016 (v. 0.99.42) had broken the icons on a Firefox v 39 which worked just fine before the update. White listed file:/// (long and tedious process of exclusion) were _deleted_ from 'options'. Removing and reinstalling version 0.99.41c of November 25, 2015 brought bake the preferences and restored the icons.
I for one disabled the automatic update for the extension: I believe I recall correctly that this is not the first time that this addon got broken at an update...
So... Attention, developer: 'Don't fix it if it ain't broken' seems to apply here...
N.B. The context menu option at right-click on link name was useful, but not at the cost of the little icon (which allows opening the link with one click less). If both are implemented, fine. But not one at the cost of the other.Thanks for the review. The addon got a major rewrite to keep up with the ever-increasing requirements for developing robust and secure addons. Your bug report will be handled here: https://github.com/feinstaub/firefox_addon_local_filesystem_links/issues/53
You seem to use the whitelist/exclusion feature a lot. You could join/start the discussion here: https://github.com/feinstaub/firefox_addon_local_filesystem_links/issues
N.B. if the icon is not working, it is a bug. It is supposed to be working. Note that there is an option to hide the icon.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 11061948, vor 5 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenFirst of all, you did great work on fixing the whole thing for FF >39.
Meanwhile we switched to Firefox ESR (which is now at v. 38.6.1) amongst other reasons because of the incompatibility of your add-on (which is great) with versions 39 and up.
Now we got upgraded to version 0.99.42 of the add-on, we noticed that the folder-icon has been replaced by a yellowish text ("folder" and "folder_open").
Everything works, except for the icon. So don't panic. It's just to let you know...