- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat add-on,
I made an Electronic Document Management for my company, with firefox until release 60.0.1 using this settings.:
in my EDM, depending of a status in a database, the script launch in firefox a popup windows witch open the document on a network share.
Is it possible that our add-on scans the header's page for something like:
and directly open the file without having to clic on a link on the page?
If I can, I'd like to help you.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenDefinitely works but sometimes opens the link in up to 6 separate windows.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis is a great add on that just makes the workday easier.
Sure, there are a whole lot of philosophical arguments about why you shouldn't need to use a local filesystem explorer, or that IE should never have made us lazy back in the 90s. But the reality in real workplaces is that users have a mix of browsers on a mix of OSes talking to a mix of fileshares and content management services, and there is usually no project willing to pay for revising legacy document links. Add ons like this one help you to get on with the work you're paid to do instead of wrestling with the foibles of your PC and dealing with legacy cruft that builds up as "best practice" evolves.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternen12000 lines of code in options.js? Seriuosly? Do I need 12000 lines of options to open a file link?
Whole shebang of "Launch App Button" from srazzano takes 600 lines, with all bells & whistles.
I don't want to trust bloatware. I don't know why would a legitimate addon like this need scheduler and so on.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenSimple amazing plugin. Extremely useful. It opens local files and folder which is not possible using standard Firefox functionality.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThinks for your donation,it helps me a lot
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenGreat Add-ons!
But sometimes, when I open a local link, it opens 10 times by one mouseklick.
I hope the will come an update to fix this problem.Thanks for the review. I am currently not aware of the bug you describe. Please go to https://github.com/feinstaub/webextension_local_filesystem_links/issues and file the issue there to be in direct contact with developers who can fix the issue.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI love this add-on! The extension made it possible to switch to Firefox without paying the price to not open local links anymore. The bigger problem is that our anti-virus software, called Sophos, has a really big problem with the programm, that has to be installed and it automatically deactivates it so the whole add-on doesn't work anymore. If there's any possibility for you to solve this i would be so thankful, but i know it's not your add-on what makes it difficult it's our anti-virus software, so yeah...Thanks for the review. We are aware that some virus scanners have problems with the new addon architecture. I assume you already tried to add the addon in the list of exceptions? There should be a white list or something in your virus scanner.
A former Mozilla engineer suggested to disable virus scanners completely to increase browser security:
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternen993k for an animated howto gif?!?!
Put it on the web and link to it.
It's almost half the size of the extension.
Link Gopher (legacy) does the same but for remote links in 1/6 the size.Yes, you are right, the size is not optimal. Our primary concern was to help our current users to easily make the switch to the new architecture and help new users to get started quickly. In a next step the size problem can be addressed. We have limited resources and can only work at one problem at a time.
Do you have a special problem with the size of the gif except for aesthetical reasons?
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat extension, really helpful. Thank you! Is slower than the versions before Firefox quantum, but it's working!Great to hear that you find the addon useful. Our primary goal was to make the addon working on Firefox Quantum at all and ship it as quickly as possible. Performance issues are addressed in later steps.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenDoesn't work any more, moreover it freezes pages randomly, even when it's not doing anything.Thanks for taking the time to report that there is an issue with this addon. Please note, that the Mozilla review system is not meant to be used to report technical issues, see https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/review_guide. Please use the support site on github to report bugs; not the review system.
Due to the new Firefox WebExtension API, there is something new, see addon description: "Starting with Firefox 57, the addon requires you to install an additional helper application. Otherwise the addon cannot function properly. The details are explained in a first-run dialog when you install the addon."
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenHave it frozen to 0.99.47
I am NOT installing a separate piece of software so this can function
This extension works fine but webextension API is a POS
working around firefox's webextension API BS is becoming very time consuming for meThe 2-component-architecture was the best way we came up with with regard to limitations of the WebExtensions API. I am aware that this is not optimal but what can be done instead?
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternentahk you
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenWe use this add-on in Firefox in combination with links in Alfresco to a local file folder system based on Alfresco. In the previous edition of this add-on it worked fine. Starting from today a new version of this add-on was installed: 0.99.57. Now the links does not work any longer and we receive the message: Attempt to postMessage on disconnected port. Pleas check that you have installed the native app. See installation Guide in addon-bar menu.
We have installed the previous version of this add-on: 0.99.47 and now the links in alfresco are working again.
I hope that there will be a solution so that we can go over to the latest edition of this add-on and to the latest version of firefox. By the way: we have tested the latest version of this add-on in Firefox 57... and then it was also not working
frans gooskensThanks for taking the time to report a bug in the new version with your use case description. BUT: Please, do not use the addon's review page for such things. Also, giving a negative review because of a bug is not what the review system is for. Please consult https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/review_guide for details. Please use the support link to report bugs and technical issues. If you like and if it is possible you could change the review.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenVery useful add-on. I hope that it will be migrated as soon as possible.