Bewertet mit 4,4 von 5 Sternen
4,4 von 5 Sternen
- von MarkiGuru, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenHi, in last version not working correctly your extension on macos 10.15.5, file for extension install_host_compiled.sh no work correctly. after instalation when im clicking on local link i got error
App python is broken and cant open app. File can be take to trash.
any idea for fix, i tried install python engine, but nothing happened. thanks for any solution.
- von Martha, vor 7 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenInstalled add-on and the helper application, it is completely non-functional on my computer. (Won't cooperate with Monday.com? Maybe conflicts with security settings? I don't know.) Disappointed - this means I have to go back to Chrome for work :(
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 6 MonatenMaybe it's because of a disabled feature "dynamic link handling" in the version you tried. That feature is now enabled again with version 0.99.64 and newer. I don't know Monday.com but it should work now. If you like, you could retry it and let me know if it is working.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15262706, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat add-on,
I made an Electronic Document Management for my company, with firefox until release 60.0.1 using this settings.:
in my EDM, depending of a status in a database, the script launch in firefox a popup windows witch open the document on a network share.
Is it possible that our add-on scans the header's page for something like:
and directly open the file without having to clic on a link on the page?
If I can, I'd like to help you.
- von rixtech, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis is a great add on that just makes the workday easier.
Sure, there are a whole lot of philosophical arguments about why you shouldn't need to use a local filesystem explorer, or that IE should never have made us lazy back in the 90s. But the reality in real workplaces is that users have a mix of browsers on a mix of OSes talking to a mix of fileshares and content management services, and there is usually no project willing to pay for revising legacy document links. Add ons like this one help you to get on with the work you're paid to do instead of wrestling with the foibles of your PC and dealing with legacy cruft that builds up as "best practice" evolves.
- von fagus, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternen12000 lines of code in options.js? Seriuosly? Do I need 12000 lines of options to open a file link?
Whole shebang of "Launch App Button" from srazzano takes 600 lines, with all bells & whistles.
I don't want to trust bloatware. I don't know why would a legitimate addon like this need scheduler and so on.
- von Patrick, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenGreat Add-ons!
But sometimes, when I open a local link, it opens 10 times by one mouseklick.
I hope the will come an update to fix this problem.Thanks for the review. I am currently not aware of the bug you describe. Please go to https://github.com/feinstaub/webextension_local_filesystem_links/issues and file the issue there to be in direct contact with developers who can fix the issue.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14001264, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI love this add-on! The extension made it possible to switch to Firefox without paying the price to not open local links anymore. The bigger problem is that our anti-virus software, called Sophos, has a really big problem with the programm, that has to be installed and it automatically deactivates it so the whole add-on doesn't work anymore. If there's any possibility for you to solve this i would be so thankful, but i know it's not your add-on what makes it difficult it's our anti-virus software, so yeah...Thanks for the review. We are aware that some virus scanners have problems with the new addon architecture. I assume you already tried to add the addon in the list of exceptions? There should be a white list or something in your virus scanner.
A former Mozilla engineer suggested to disable virus scanners completely to increase browser security:
- von Fred Thompson, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternen993k for an animated howto gif?!?!
Put it on the web and link to it.
It's almost half the size of the extension.
Link Gopher (legacy) does the same but for remote links in 1/6 the size.Yes, you are right, the size is not optimal. Our primary concern was to help our current users to easily make the switch to the new architecture and help new users to get started quickly. In a next step the size problem can be addressed. We have limited resources and can only work at one problem at a time.
Do you have a special problem with the size of the gif except for aesthetical reasons?
- von Daniel, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat extension, really helpful. Thank you! Is slower than the versions before Firefox quantum, but it's working!Great to hear that you find the addon useful. Our primary goal was to make the addon working on Firefox Quantum at all and ship it as quickly as possible. Performance issues are addressed in later steps.
- von stib , vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenDoesn't work any more, moreover it freezes pages randomly, even when it's not doing anything.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 JahrenThanks for taking the time to report that there is an issue with this addon. Please note, that the Mozilla review system is not meant to be used to report technical issues, see https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/review_guide. Please use the support site on github to report bugs; not the review system.
Due to the new Firefox WebExtension API, there is something new, see addon description: "Starting with Firefox 57, the addon requires you to install an additional helper application. Otherwise the addon cannot function properly. The details are explained in a first-run dialog when you install the addon."