- von Hal, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI have tried several different alternatives over the last couple of years and none of them ever worked. Finally, I found a very easy way to send web articles I read to my Kindle. I did notice there appears to be a limit of 20 articles a month but that will not impact me at all. Kudos to you, fivefilters.org!!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13163662, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternengood extension
but it has problem in right to left languages like Persian and it changes it into left to right.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor einem JahrHi there, we do actually support right-to-left languages, but it might be that the language isn't set correctly on the source site or that our automatic detection doesn't detect it correctly. Here's an example of how Push to Kindle handles Persion on the BBC Persian site: https://pushtokindle.fivefilters.org/send.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbbcpersian.net%2Fn%2Fq%3D12293
If you're trying to process an article where the language isn't handled correctly, please leave a note on our forum and we'll be happy to take a look: https://forum.fivefilters.org/c/push-to-kindle/5
- von pyl, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenExcellente extension. L'autre version (beta) fonctionne très bien aussi sur les contenus nécessitant d'être authentifié au préalable (journaux avec bonnement par exemple)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15751325, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenWonderful add-on, increased my reading pleasure. I don't need anymore to strain my eyes on my computer screen all day to read web articles.
- von VC, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenI don't appreciate the book advertisements coming with the add-on, which makes it look a lot like a tool to promote a nationalistic and xenophobic political ideology. Their 'about' page points to the opposite political direction so the adverts might be just bad luck for them. In either case, I don't feel comfortable using such an add-on whose primary use does not seem to be browser enhancement.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor einem JahrHi VC, we do not actually run adverts in the sense I think you're thinking of. The books we list are ones we've picked out ourselves and recommend. It's a small number. I'm not aware of any of these books promoting nationalistic and xenophobic ideologies. The titles of the books which appear after sending to the Kindle completes are:
* Why are we the good guys?
* Newspeak in the 21st Century
* Understanding Power
* The Apocalypedia
* Disciplined Minds
* The Sane Society
Which of these do you believe promotes a nationalistic or xenophobic ideology?
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15228370, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenI mostly want to send academic articles to my kindle with this app (several per week). But, contrary to send to kindle (which i use on chrome), this doesn't work behind a university proxy and paywall (I only get the authentification page to my university). Because of this, I keep going back to Chrome for work while I would prefer to use Firefox...
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 JahrenHi there, just an update to let you know that we are now trialling the new version of Push to Kindle which sends articles directly to the service for processing. So university proxies or paywalls shouldn't be a problem any more. If you're willing to try the new version, you'll find it at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/push-to-kindle-beta/ Any feedback appreciated.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 10634846, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI've been using this app for a long time and it was a big reason for my sticking with my kindle as a reading device. However, the inability to utilise the footnote function (where readers can touch/select a footnote in a page and it will appear at the bottom of the page) rather than having to go all the way to the end of the document, is a real shortcoming. I'm familiar with arguements against footnotes - i.e. that they are a distraction, but if an author inculdes them in a text it is surely because they think it important and it is then up to the reader whether s/he divert her attention from the body of the text to read the footnote or not. In any case, having to go to the back of the document to read them is a much greater distraction. It would make this addon that much more useful-- perfect, even, if it had this feature.