- von Firefox-Benutzer 12363296, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenYeah, it works at preventing you from opening a page that's in your block list when it's enabled. But it's a major flaw that if you pause it and keep scrolling on the same page it will never even tell you when the time's up.
Likewise, pausing it doesn't automatically reload the pages blocked which is a minor annoyance.
Also, a form of importing/exporting block lists would be nice.
- von Nuno, vor 6 MonatenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenDoesn't quite work for me. If it would limit browsing during the "pause" period to the selected pause time, it would be perfect. Just has it is, it's just easy to click on pause and carry on browsing indefinitely...
- von Christina, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenTwo complaints:
1 - I wish the impulse blocker would come into effect as soon as the pause timer runs out.
2 - Sometimes after the pause timer runs out I can click on different links of the blocked web page without necessarily refreshing the page, even though the url does change, thus letting me continue to access the page.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15391377, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenAlmost a great app. The concept is exactly what I want but the functionality still needs some work. It took quite a bit of troubleshooting just to get the blocking to work on any website (a hard refresh--ctrl + shift + r--wound up doing the trick), and as of now, it still doesn't successfully block Twitter, though this appears to have been a known issue for most of 2019. I'm disappointed but cautiously optimistic that the app will get better with a little more time and assistance.
I do love that it's completely open-source and minimalistic, though, and will bump up the number of stars I've rated the extension as soon as the bugs get squashed.
- von Michael Große, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenWould be nice to automatically turn the blocker on/off at certain times of the day, e.g. from 8 in the evening to 8 in the morning to not mess with my sleep.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15045287, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenNeeds to refresh the page after the pause timer is up for this to work properly. Either that or have some notification popup instead.
EDIT: the pause timer sometimes crashes the browser. I don't know exactly what happened but basically I clicked pause, restarted the website I paused, but then when I opened the Impulse Blocker panel back up, it didn't save the timer, meaning I could pause a second time while the website I was on was still up. I think the crash happened after I refreshed the page of the website I blocked.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15052151, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenGreat on desktop, but mobile version on/off functionality doesn't work.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14496352, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenSo far it is great; however, there are two thing that would make this application much better:
1. Turning on or off should just be one click on the toolbar icon -- you should not have to click it once to go to the on/off toggle; it should just click (and be lit up when on) and click (and be unlit when off).
2. Having it default to the last implemented option as opposed to defaulting to "on" currently.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14070838, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenYou must now block page one by one. So you can't take a list and block everything at once. Extremely much work and wasted potential. Hope for an update that also solves this problem. Everything else works great. Operation is also simple and good.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13722505, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenGreat extension. However there are some annoying issues -
1. When you open firefox, it defaults to 'on', meaning if you are using your browser and don't need to block any sites (which is 80% of the time for myself) you will need to turn it off every time you open firefox.
2. This isn't as annoying but still weird - when you visit a site that is blocked, it redirects you to a mozilla addon link, e.g (moz-extension://0176857e-3c38-4d6b-bebc-2a1400810453/resources/redirect.html) rather than retaining the original link while displaying the impulse blocker alert.