von revija, vor 4 Jahren
Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternen
Have not idea how, but it leaks my location via some video players - while other VPN do the job, with this one I often get "Not possible in your location" - and this happens only with video on some (not all) resources.
- von Ronin, vor 11 StundenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenUsed to be pretty good but from a couple of months ago they started reducing the list of countries with servers available, so that now it's only 3 and even of those 2 say "free server unavailable" all the time, and prompts me to buy a subscription. If I was to pay for a VPN there are much better ones out there, Hoxx would never be one of them. Uninstalled and made a profile here just to write this review.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 17416291, vor 17 StundenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenThe last update removed a bunch of the free country proxy options and put them behind a premium paywall, and now the websites I used to use them with are flagging my logins and making it difficult/impossible to login because I can only use countries I've never used before.
- von iscar, vor einem TagBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenIt went from addon that i recommended, to the waste of space. No reason to keep it, especially after annoying pop-ups that cries about other installed VPN addons for no reason.
- von kaiborg, vor 4 TagenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenUsed to be one of the best VPN services I've ever used but recently all but 3 free servers have been removed, and of them only 1 works the other two giving a 'Could not connect to any free server' in response, and prompting me to 'purchase premium because free servers may be blocked on your internet' despite both being ones I'd used multiple times before this downgrade.
This went from a 5 star to a 1 star, and would've been only 1/2 a star if this site allowed them. A shame, but I'll be moving on to different VPN providers following this.
Maybe I'll be able to come back and change this review into a 5 star, but I don't feel hopeful
- von Fleet Command, vor 12 TagenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis extension has served me faithfully for nearly four years now. (I could be wrong, but it has been a long time.) I'd like to say thanks for all of that. Recently, however, Hoxx free service has been crippled. It is time I moved on. Nevertheless, I shall remember it fondly. (The discontinuity of service coincides with the war in Ukraine. I hope it is just a coincidence.)