- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIf you want to know how to make this version of Foobar compatible with Firefox 5, view my instructions here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=10960079#p10960079Thanks DJWebDUck. If anyone out there is a fairly savvy computer user and also can't wait for Foobar v1.6.1 to come out, do try his instructions - they seemed pretty simple. That being said, I sent v1.6.1 up for approval today - and once it's out you'll have official FF5 support. Thanks again!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis was an excellent add-on. Any news on whether there will be a Firefox 5 compatible version at all?
I'm seriously considering downgrading my Firefox otherwise -- but that isn't really a long term solution.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenLove it, can no longer browse without it.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenDeveloper's website url listed is a dead link?
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenIt's not available for 5 (Beta), 6 (Aurora) and 7 (Nightly) versions of Firefox for now. And don't work correctly with installed search-engines (in right-click context menu).
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenAwesome, but I wrote a bug report / feature requests:
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenprobleme with start faster addonI've noted this issue, and will be testing/debugging it soon.
EDIT: Hi - I'm building 1.6.2 right now and I cannot find the aforementioned "start faster addon." If you (or anyone) can provide a link to it, I'd be happy to do what I can to make Foobar compatible with it. Thanks again!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenPerfect... There were some disadvantages in version 1.5 but they are all gone in 1.6. I can recommend it to everyone.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIt's an awesome add-on! I love it!
Now I updated Firefox to v. 4 and unfortunately there is an issue with suggestion list display. Could you fix this, please?
I'm very thankful to you for this great add-on!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenpleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for 4!!!!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenAwesome add on! But i have firefox 4 b11!! :'( :'(
Plz make one for it!!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI very like this addon. But, please, add compatibility with Beta7 verson. Thanks!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenEXACTLY the feature that allowed me to move successfully BACK to Firefox from Chrome... it's the missing link that Mozilla needs to integrate ASAP!
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenSorry for the double review, but it seems that foobar doesn't show icons in the rich results to denote if the result is a tag, star, switch-to-tab, etc. This is a major usability flaw. And I think switch-to-tab should definitely be included in the options like bookmarks/history and search already are.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternen单纯这个插件不错，但是与我原先安装好的FastestFox在“加强地址栏Enhanced Addess Bar”功能上有冲突，后者提供的搜索结果被抹掉了。这也太可惜了。
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenwhen i said delete items, i mean those suggestions it pop-up. like the items being selected in the picture:http://i51.tinypic.com/2uhmyw0.jpg
foobar did run faster than omnibar as i could tell, if you could fix this issue, i prefer foobar to omnibar
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenNow I don't know which one is better, Foobar or Omnibar https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8823/
Why did you made this when Omnibar already did the work?I'm glad to hear people like Foobar at least as much as Omnibar! I made mine because I felt I might be able to do it better (Omnibar ran real slow at the time - maybe they've improved since then, however). And, maybe it's my American capitalist sensibilities, but I think everyone could use a little healthy competition! :D
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternengreat Add-On!
The only thing i miss is, the ability of adding custom engine by over self (from Google chromes omnibar)
i was searching for Google chromes omnibar and ended up finding the similar extension with the name Omnibar which has lesser functionality, i found this one when i searched for address bar so I'm tagging it :)
I think you should change it's name as chrome's omnibar or Omni Bar or some thing like that(just a suggestion)
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenYou don't have to be a developer to appreciate how simply amazing Foobar is! This add-on has all I need: more URL real estate, less data entry fields, and intuitive response functionality. Thanks Foobar, for pimpin' my browser!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenLove the add-on, looks great and simplifies browsing tremendously. I like my search results opened in the current tab. This is easy enough to correct in the options. However, it seems like I have to reset this every time firefox updates. I have not verified that this is the cause, but it does seem most logical. I run foobar on several machines so it can be irksome getting a new tab unexpectedly. A way to make option choices persistent would be nice.Thanks for the review. I haven't had anyone else report this bug, and options have always persisted for me. If this is still an issue, try uninstalling and then reinstalling Foobar - and let me know if it continues. You can use the support forum to open an ongoing discussion of the issue. Thx again!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI work as a web developer. I run a local webserver on the .local domain. Whenever I enter a url like: somesite.local foobar will detect this as a search string instead of a url. It will offcourse work fine when you enter http://somesite.local.
Maybe it's possible to let people enter custom tld's that are used in the url detection in a future release.
Other than this minor problem, I really like this addon.Hey Rick - I, too, work as a web developer; though I was unaware of these 'pseudo domains'.
But you're in luck, because I happen to be releasing v1.5 today, and I've added support for .local as well as a few other unofficial official pseudo domains. Hopefully this new list is closer to being all-inclusive, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any TLDs that Foobar still doesn't support.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI like this addon.
It has only one bug that I found so far. When I try to open kirillic domains (for example, правительство.рф) without typing http:// , then it opens google search results instead of site.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis addon is a blessing and requirement for any of my machines using firefox and it should be for yours too!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis addon is great! Now that it supports Organize Search Engines (thanks!) and can make tiny urls it's almost perfect.
Still only works sporadically with Context Search, which is a disappointment, but I've found the Search With addon. Search With is ok, but the features are totally unnecessary and bloated (my opinion for what I need...don't take that the wrong way, it works fine). But I suppose I can sacrifice CS for the awesome functionality of this extension.
Thanks for taking the time to make it!I'm glad to hear Foobar is working better for you. I used Foobar & Context Search together for a few weeks and never saw a problem. I'm going to keep Context Search on my radar, and I'll try to reproduce the issue. If I can ever see what's wrong then I'll be sure to fix it.
Thanks again for trying out Foobar!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenMuch better and with less/no bug than OminiBar addon. Good bye ghost delay keys.
Working fine with my Speed Dial default shortcut (ctrl + number), plus Firefox 4.0+ compatible.
One suggestion: add support for new Firefox 4 feature 'Switch to tab', ie, make it show in top of list.