- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIf you want to know how to make this version of Foobar compatible with Firefox 5, view my instructions here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=10960079#p10960079Thanks DJWebDUck. If anyone out there is a fairly savvy computer user and also can't wait for Foobar v1.6.1 to come out, do try his instructions - they seemed pretty simple. That being said, I sent v1.6.1 up for approval today - and once it's out you'll have official FF5 support. Thanks again!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis was an excellent add-on. Any news on whether there will be a Firefox 5 compatible version at all?
I'm seriously considering downgrading my Firefox otherwise -- but that isn't really a long term solution.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenLove it, can no longer browse without it.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenDeveloper's website url listed is a dead link?
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenIt's not available for 5 (Beta), 6 (Aurora) and 7 (Nightly) versions of Firefox for now. And don't work correctly with installed search-engines (in right-click context menu).
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenAwesome, but I wrote a bug report / feature requests:
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenprobleme with start faster addonI've noted this issue, and will be testing/debugging it soon.
EDIT: Hi - I'm building 1.6.2 right now and I cannot find the aforementioned "start faster addon." If you (or anyone) can provide a link to it, I'd be happy to do what I can to make Foobar compatible with it. Thanks again!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenPerfect... There were some disadvantages in version 1.5 but they are all gone in 1.6. I can recommend it to everyone.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIt's an awesome add-on! I love it!
Now I updated Firefox to v. 4 and unfortunately there is an issue with suggestion list display. Could you fix this, please?
I'm very thankful to you for this great add-on!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenpleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for 4!!!!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenAwesome add on! But i have firefox 4 b11!! :'( :'(
Plz make one for it!!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI very like this addon. But, please, add compatibility with Beta7 verson. Thanks!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenEXACTLY the feature that allowed me to move successfully BACK to Firefox from Chrome... it's the missing link that Mozilla needs to integrate ASAP!
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenSorry for the double review, but it seems that foobar doesn't show icons in the rich results to denote if the result is a tag, star, switch-to-tab, etc. This is a major usability flaw. And I think switch-to-tab should definitely be included in the options like bookmarks/history and search already are.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternen单纯这个插件不错，但是与我原先安装好的FastestFox在“加强地址栏Enhanced Addess Bar”功能上有冲突，后者提供的搜索结果被抹掉了。这也太可惜了。
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenwhen i said delete items, i mean those suggestions it pop-up. like the items being selected in the picture:http://i51.tinypic.com/2uhmyw0.jpg
foobar did run faster than omnibar as i could tell, if you could fix this issue, i prefer foobar to omnibar
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenNow I don't know which one is better, Foobar or Omnibar https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8823/
Why did you made this when Omnibar already did the work?I'm glad to hear people like Foobar at least as much as Omnibar! I made mine because I felt I might be able to do it better (Omnibar ran real slow at the time - maybe they've improved since then, however). And, maybe it's my American capitalist sensibilities, but I think everyone could use a little healthy competition! :D
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternengreat Add-On!
The only thing i miss is, the ability of adding custom engine by over self (from Google chromes omnibar)
i was searching for Google chromes omnibar and ended up finding the similar extension with the name Omnibar which has lesser functionality, i found this one when i searched for address bar so I'm tagging it :)
I think you should change it's name as chrome's omnibar or Omni Bar or some thing like that(just a suggestion)
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenYou don't have to be a developer to appreciate how simply amazing Foobar is! This add-on has all I need: more URL real estate, less data entry fields, and intuitive response functionality. Thanks Foobar, for pimpin' my browser!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenLove the add-on, looks great and simplifies browsing tremendously. I like my search results opened in the current tab. This is easy enough to correct in the options. However, it seems like I have to reset this every time firefox updates. I have not verified that this is the cause, but it does seem most logical. I run foobar on several machines so it can be irksome getting a new tab unexpectedly. A way to make option choices persistent would be nice.Thanks for the review. I haven't had anyone else report this bug, and options have always persisted for me. If this is still an issue, try uninstalling and then reinstalling Foobar - and let me know if it continues. You can use the support forum to open an ongoing discussion of the issue. Thx again!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI work as a web developer. I run a local webserver on the .local domain. Whenever I enter a url like: somesite.local foobar will detect this as a search string instead of a url. It will offcourse work fine when you enter http://somesite.local.
Maybe it's possible to let people enter custom tld's that are used in the url detection in a future release.
Other than this minor problem, I really like this addon.Hey Rick - I, too, work as a web developer; though I was unaware of these 'pseudo domains'.
But you're in luck, because I happen to be releasing v1.5 today, and I've added support for .local as well as a few other unofficial official pseudo domains. Hopefully this new list is closer to being all-inclusive, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any TLDs that Foobar still doesn't support.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI like this addon.
It has only one bug that I found so far. When I try to open kirillic domains (for example, правительство.рф) without typing http:// , then it opens google search results instead of site.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis addon is a blessing and requirement for any of my machines using firefox and it should be for yours too!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis addon is great! Now that it supports Organize Search Engines (thanks!) and can make tiny urls it's almost perfect.
Still only works sporadically with Context Search, which is a disappointment, but I've found the Search With addon. Search With is ok, but the features are totally unnecessary and bloated (my opinion for what I need...don't take that the wrong way, it works fine). But I suppose I can sacrifice CS for the awesome functionality of this extension.
Thanks for taking the time to make it!
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 10 JahrenI'm glad to hear Foobar is working better for you. I used Foobar & Context Search together for a few weeks and never saw a problem. I'm going to keep Context Search on my radar, and I'll try to reproduce the issue. If I can ever see what's wrong then I'll be sure to fix it.
Thanks again for trying out Foobar!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenMuch better and with less/no bug than OminiBar addon. Good bye ghost delay keys.
Working fine with my Speed Dial default shortcut (ctrl + number), plus Firefox 4.0+ compatible.
One suggestion: add support for new Firefox 4 feature 'Switch to tab', ie, make it show in top of list.