- von David, vor 4 TagenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat extension but I don't understand why I can sync either bookmarks or tabs but not both.
Edit: Ah --- I did not realize that I could do this by just setting up two accounts. Changing my rating immediately.
- von Satyam Kapoor, vor 5 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenLovely idea. It's just that I'm stupid and ended up deleting some bookmarks.
Thanks again I really like Floccus. Idk what can be done to improve, perhaps better documentation so naive people like me don't end up making mistakes? Perhaps a recycling functionality?
In the end, I'm happy for that it exists.
- von bruno, vor 6 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenfloccus funktioniert super in debian(KDE) und ubuntu(KDE) mit nextcloud 21.02. Probleme habe ich in Manjaro(KDE) in einer kvm:
2021-08-04T17:21:56.883Z Starting sync process for account email@example.com
2021-08-04T17:21:57.060Z Using "merge slave" strategy (no cache available)
2021-08-04T17:21:57.180Z Loading sparse tree as necessary
2021-08-04T17:21:57.197Z Fetching bookmarks
2021-08-04T17:21:57.687Z Syncing failed with E020: Antwort des Servers konnte nicht gelesen werden. Ist die Bookmarks App auf Ihrem Server installiert?
JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
Gleiche Meldung auf raspi4b unter ubuntu und manjaru(KDE)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16924348, vor 7 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenSyncing from one browser seems to work fine but the floccus.export.json file does nothing when I try to add my account to other browsers. There is no info oin the FAQs on what to do when this process doesnt work wither. A sync file that doesnt sync between browsers is no use to me.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 7 MonatenThank you for your feedback! Make sure to select the accounts you want to export, otherwise nothing is exported and nothing will happen when importing.
Have a nice day!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13133600, vor 8 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenWorks fine on webdav so far.
The first sync after adding a second browser always seems to be a bit problematic. Second browser seems to want to delete existing bookmarks from the file but stops due to an in-built failsafe.
Following syncs appear to be fine but takes a few minutes before the second browser recognizes changes in the file, even when clicking sync button, not sure why.
I will keep using it, but will take plenty of backups.
A built-in backup function would be much appreciated, for example writing a series of backup files every time there is a change.
Another good feature would be a confirmation dialogue if changes happen asking if you want to delete or change X bookmarks in the existing file or on the server.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12897134, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenSuch a pain for nothing and very sad to write a bad review. I'm using Nextcloud 19 and Nextcloud Bookmark 3.4.9 with floccus 4.5.0. The first sync process load very heavy the memory of my firefox 78.8.0 ESR (more than 3Gigabytes with one empty tab open !) and of course Firefox is lagging/unusable during the syncing process. After one hour the sync is done, but not usable to another computer. On the other computer with Firefox, I can see only empty bookmark folders. I tried to read the user guide and FAQ but nothing clear. I start to think this add-on is not made to sync bookmarks accross other Firefox, it loads too much Firefox and sync is too slow (my Nextcloud serveur work flawlessly).I'm sad that you didn't enjoy floccus. Nextcloud bookmarks v4.x should be faster that v3.x. For the second browser make sure you select the correct folder to sync into! This is an ongoing project, so I'd love to hear how the user guide and the FAQ could be improved :)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16690199, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenFloccus tried to delete bookmarks now the second time, it stopped because
E029: Failsafe: The current sync run would delete 100% of your bookmarks. Refusing to execute. Disabled this failsafe in the account settings if you want to proceed anyway.
Bookmark app floccus is not fit for production. I deinstalled it again.Did you read the error message? If you want to delete your bookmarks you have to disable the fail-safe. That's what the error message says. Go to your sync account settings, go to dangerous actions, disable the fail-safe, and it will happily delete all your bookmarks.
- von bgsf, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenGreat concept and pretty interface.
Sadly, it deleted bookmarks during sync. Even deleted bookmarks on the SOURCE machine in a 1-way sync. The developer doesn't think that's important. Oh well.The full story here is, floccus removes duplicate bookmarks with the same URL per folder. It is my belief that a majority of people do not intend to keep multiple instances of the same URL in the same folder. If you disagree, you may convince me over here: https://github.com/marcelklehr/floccus/issues/797
- von CyberneticCody, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenNot working with Nextcloud at all, trying to sync my bookmarks is just a mess and I ended up losing all of my bookmarks... Not good.
- von origami_spoon, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenBe extremely careful with this add-on. It worked great for about a week. However, when I woke up this morning, ALL of my bookmarks have been permanently deleted (was using this with Nextcloud). Folder structure was preserved but all bookmarks are just gone.
Thankfully, I have backups of all my bookmarks across the machines I was using this on. Will only have permanently lost a few things that I can recover.
If you really must use this add-on, make sure you BACKUP everything and make periodic local backups. I have no idea why it did this, there is almost no logging either in the floccus add-on or on Nextcloud. The documentation and support for this is pretty poor (though I do understand that it is maintained mostly by one person). I would highly recommend using something else, since this type of error is completely unacceptable for an app like this.
Maybe it works better if you self host or use only local options? I don't care to risk it again at this point.