- von Juninho722, vor 17 TagenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenIt doesn't work properly for YouTube anymore. I am getting "Access denied" for my subscriptions. Is there any way to fix this?
... My review is that the extension doesn't work properly for YouTube anymore. It was good while it lasted but now it's over, at least for me. Thank you so much for everything, bye!
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 17 TagenEDIT: apart from not having the cookies consent cookie in place, YouTube can also temporarily IP ban you if you have too many feeds with too frequent scanning interval. That maybe a mistake on their end since it doesn't make sense to limit queries to XML feeds that are meant to be machine scannable.
Have you allowed youtube.com to set cookies? YouTube has changed something recently that blocks loading of the XML feed if you have NOT allowed youtube.com to set cookies. Once you allow cookies and reload the channel page in a normal tab, you'll get a cookie consent screen. After you accept cookies, feed loading works normally.
Anyway, it's not a Feedbro bug. Please use the Support button on the WebExtension front page for things like these. Reviews are not meant for support requests or bug reports.
- von BelFox, vor 22 TagenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenDiscovered this amazing add-on yesterday. Prefer to use this over Feedly, because no login is required (sync is not a must for me) and the information density is higher. I thought RSS was dead, but this add-on made me change my mind. I also love the search function to add new feeds and the embedded web page option! Very convenient.
Thanks a lot to the developer for the great work!
- context menu option on the toolbar button, to scan for feeds on the webpage. This way, a single click on the button can be used for opening the feed reader, while still having the feed discovery option at one's disposal
- even better: having an optional RSS feed icon in the address bar to show available feeds immediately
- von imnmm, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternengoogle news feed can't preview
can't add google news feed
- von B100, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenSuch a great addon, making it easy and quick to keep up with multiple websites and youtube channels, thanks Nodetics!
The only two things I hope to see in a future release are:
- Option to disable badge indicating the nr of items that are new.
- Option to add cookies per feed, for fetching full article body from websites with a cookie wall.
Also I'd like to learn more about who is Nodetics, where are you located and how do you or will you make money?
- von Chilc, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenPlease add an option to hide badges on the icon. It's so distracting that I can't use the extension at all. Otherwise this is 5 stars worthy. Thank you!
- von Peter Bauer, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenAwesome piece of code.
Would even be better if the volume control setting (for feeds with an audio file) would be saved, so I do not have to set the volume for each podcast I receive.
And if there was an option to automatically show the file enclosures.
But anyway: it makes my Podcast life much easier! Thank you!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14529333, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis addon is just great!
I like the interface and the way it lets me organize my RSS feeds.
It has 2 drawbacks that don't allow me to classify it as the 5 star one:
1) Sometimes it corrupts all the feed DB. It already happened 3 times to me, but unfortunately I don't know the exact ways to replicate it (some PC lags?). I've restored the feeds from the backup (but lost a few new feeds and some read/unread history too). Backups are good, but addon database corruption just isn't.
2) I understand it is a multi-browser addon. But here is the disadvantage of that: the keyboard shortcuts problem. Ctrl+j is the standard Firefox hotkey to access the browsing History, but it is not working if you try to execute it on Feedbro page. It just marks current feed article as read (which is not what I would like to see). Much severe problem is the hotkey Ctrl+Shift+a which is the standard in FF to open addons page. If you run this hotkey in Feedbro tab it marks all feed articles as 'read' loosing all the read history (1000 unread articles in one of my feed folders are now marked as read and that is definitely an unacceptable behavior).
Guys, I understand that the first problem is not that easy to detect and manage, so just inform you. But the hotkey problem is the easy one. Please resolve that hotkey intersection problem. It looks like a bad style adaptation.
Thank you for you job.
- von JPH, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenAwesome! After Shrook was made inoperable from Apple on the Mac, I had been trying to find a replacement RSS Feed Reader app, but never found one that was as good and simple as Shrook. Today, from a tip, thought to look and see if Firefox had a RSS Feed Reader extension, and found this one, and it is awesome! Great options, works well, and right here in my browser! Rock on!