Bewertet mit 4,3 von 5 Sternen
4,3 von 5 Sternen
- von Firefox user, vor 8 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenLove it! However, it stopped appearing in the FF 16.0.1 release. In fact, I sent Mozilla a message..one of those..made me unhappy remarks. Honestly, I want this thing working!
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 8 JahrenI'm fairly confident that it's a problem on your Firefox/machine. Add-on has been tested on 16.0.1 on various machines and shows no signs that you describe.
Try uninstalling the add-on and then installing again, check if you maybe forgot the button inside "Customize Toolbar" window (even though since version 2.0 it should add itself automatically), check if some other add-on is causing the problem, ... it could be anything.
You can also try installing some older versions of the add-on to eliminate the possibility that only 2.0 breaks for you. Here's a link:
- von Firefox-Benutzer 6402851, vor 8 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThanks for the keyboard shortcut. The empty cache button is now pretty much flawless. And I was very impressed with the speed by which you responded to my keyboard shortcut request.
- von ma pyron, vor 8 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenStill seems to be working in 21--still think a good thing
I have just been upgraded to version 14 Firefox PC--have tried installing/uninstalling TWICE but the icon will not appear where shown in instruction and I do not see it anywhere not added to toolbars so........???? It is DEFINITELY NEED FOR FIREFOX AND IN ALL THEIR UPDATES I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY HAVEN'T PUT THIS IN IT........
- von Jeremy, vor 8 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenwas wondering if you could port this to chrome, nothing exists right now thats 1-click and as sleek. will contribute some $! anyway, excellent work. highly recommend, and notification is nice touch.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 197944, vor 9 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternen1- Erases 4 types of cache (Memory, Disk, Offline, Favicon) indeed. What is not clearly mentioned is that you have the option to choose among these four caches: I almost missed this add-on because of that ;
2- Disk cache is truly well cleaned, I mean this add-on uses the right code. I say this because if you set a lower limit to disk cache (i.e. 50MB), once disk cache hits this limit Firefox sometimes slightly exceeds this limit (like say 51MB) : other disk cache cleaners I've tried failed in theses circumstances when this add-on does not (same operation obviously as Firefox built-in disk cache cleanup).
3- Consequently, 5 stars. Pop-up the volume -- I mean keep up the good work -- :)
>>> Merry Xmas to all <<<
- von coyote, vor 9 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis was my go-to plugin for development, but it stopped working recently. It doesn't seem to either empty the cache or reload the page. :( (Mac OS X Lion)
UPDATE: Yes, this appears to be a FF bug. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.Sorry to hear that but I think it's a Firefox (Mac version) bug ... the cache clearing API didn't change and it works fine on other platforms.
Can you try another cache clearing extension and report back if it works? Thanks.
- von Andrew P., vor 9 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenInstalled v1.9 on Firefox 3.6.23 running on Ubuntu 10.04, but no icon or menu item appears anywhere, as far as I can determine. No mention anywhere in the description that it is incompatible with Linux systems or that it might require installation of additional support software.
Update: It does work on Linux when the instructions are followed, though it would be better if manual setup weren't needed. There are other cache cleaners and Firefox add-ons that place an icon or button in the GUI automatically.
- von fearlex, vor 9 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenHi
Thanks for your response. Actually i installed Firefox 5.0.1 and still the button does nothing. I tried installing version 1.8 of the addon, but it says is not compatible with Firefox 5.0.1. Not sure what else, to do. I can provide screenshots, if needed. It is a brand new Mac, so there is no funky settings on the OS, or anything.We tested the 1.9 release on 2 different Macs and it worked fine so I guess there must be something specific to your computer. Do you have any other add-ons installed alongside? If so, try disabling one by one and see if it works. You could also try with a new fresh Firefox profile (profiles can cause a lot of stuff not work on FF4+. Then you could try to re-install Firefox.
I will try to find another user with OS X 10.6 and check with him but honestly, the add-on uses only official Firefox API so it shouldn't depend on anything else. Did you try clearing cache with the regular dialog (Tools - Options - Advanced - Network - Clear now)? Does that work?
If you're not sure how to check if cache is actually cleared, open 'about:cache', clear cache and then refresh 'about:cache'.
EDIT: I got one volunteer to test 1.9 on OS X 10.6 and it runs great.
- von jake, vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThe only way to combat my variant of the firefox 4 monster memory leak: resetting and releasing memory from absurdly huge and incredibly fast growing images/content/used/uncompressed.
Now if only the extension could be triggered automatically every 30 minutes :>.
- von bzx, vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternen@vmslo i couldn't contact you nor reply to your answer but the OS i'm using is OSX 10.6. remove this review if you wish.
ps. i was in Planica/Kranjska Gora this year for the final ski jumping competition. it was totally awesome! :)
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 10 JahrenI got several reports already that the notification is not working on some Macs but still didn't manage to find a problem. I'll make sure to publish a fixed version as soon as possible.
Thank you for your review and see you in Planica next year. ;)
- von Elkins , vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI was sorry to hear about the Mozilla team's decision. In my opinion, this is the best of the cache clearing extensions. Clears cache and reloads, *and* gives you a message so you feel confident that it was really done -- all in one click. I don't think that any of the others do that.
I've been working on a web site this week, and this add-on has saved me a lot of time and bother. Thank you for maintaining it.
- von VanillaCafe, vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis is definitely the best cache clearing extension. Nothing extra, just clears cache. One of my favourite extensions, I use it all the time.
- von Bart , vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI've been using this add-on now for a couple of weeks very intensely on two Mac system and works like a breeze.
It would be nice to have the button as a real button so that you get some visual feedback when it is clicked.
- von Slapyo, vor 11 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenLike the new options, especially the reload on clearing the cache.
I still don't get notifications though. I have other add-ons that use notifications with growl and they work. This is the only one that doesn't.