- von titule, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenVery poor usability.
Tried google takout to download my pictures which they delivered in 13 download links (all zips). Could not find ONE of them with DTA. Instead I got a "download manager" with 31 downloads that have such useful names like "index" or "download" where the URLs are not visible. There is a short pop up when you click on the name with the URL truncated to a totally useless string ("https://takeout.google.com/takeout/...") you cant even copy .
I have no hope that this add-on will transform into something useful in the next year, so I de-installed it.
- von highlandhoh3, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenHave not been able to download anything other an a one page of thumbs that I was trying to download the pictures from. Never had problems with the old version. Where are the detailed instructions about how to use the software? You get a lot of choices, but what do they all mean?????????????? Frustrating.
- von dr_white, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenI've tried the new DTA with the latest main versions of Firefox and Waterfox and it doesn't intercept ANY download commands. Even right-clicking and choosing "add download" doesn't populate the pop-up with any information.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15475630, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenNo sirve para nada. Lo único que descarga es ¡la página web!, pero no descarga ningún vídeo. Al intentar abrir el documento descargado, me envía a una página en negro que me exige desactivar AdBlock, pese a que no lo tengo instalado. UNA PORQUERÍA.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16255010, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenI installed this addon for one reason only, because I read that it can rename a downladed file if there is already a file with the same name in the folder. Great! (the brilliant Firefoxers didn't think of that for downloads, while Opera did). Except in this extension I cannot chose the folder where I want to download my files! UNBELIEVABLE!!! How is it even possible to leave out such a basic function?
- von V., vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenI remember the old dta, and I remember the old website of dta, where author criticized mozilla for pushing anti-user policies, for screwing people by selling their data, for taking away proper addons, and then screwing them again with addon signing. I remember when he told that he won't bother with castrated web extensions because web ext dta won't be dta. And sure it isn't - half of essential features are not there - no proper resume download, no multi-threaded downloads, no saving anywhere on disk, no skip on existing file. And sometimes it just "loses" downloads from list randomly on clearing finished or resuming or other actions.
The funny part is how he deleted all of the above critique of mozilla, instantly got recommended badge, and made extension for chrome, which he again claimed he will never bother with. So here you have it - no pride and welcome to the botnet.
- von noname, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternensorry...this is not "downthemall"...can not change folder for downloads...it generel save all at: user/download...it dont load all files..is only a little bit better "normal downloadmanager" ...but this exist houndreds...is fucking shit now...deleted
- von Umair Ahmed, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenThe extension now has severe bugs.
- If I force download a file, the queue stops progressing and queue finished notification pops up after the forced download completes. The rest of the downloads don't have option to do normal start.
- If I clear completed downloads, it forgets queued downloads after the first finishes.
- If I retry a download, sometimes the rest of the downloads are removed from the queue.
- Sometimes starting a download removes it from the queue.
The extension has become unusable for me.
- von JEGR, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenMe gustaba mucho usarlo (era de 5 estrellas), pero actualmente lo tengo instalado pero no lo puedo usar. No aparece en el menú cuando voy a hacer una descarga, y no encuentro cómo usarlo.
- von Cyberknight, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenIt's still useful for quick downloads, despite the WebExtension constraints (like no timestamp retrieval, inability to download from some password authenticated sites and so one), but it is full of bugs, like when Firefox crashes, and, after restart, no matter what were the state of the files, DTA (re)tries to download everything again and again, even already downloaded, paused and whatnot files, refusing to open the manager to stop the mess (more often than not, the only solution is to remove DTA from Firefox's extension directory), and the import function is almost completely broken (it doesn't read the given filename, title and description fields, so it's impossible to retrieve exported queues), so it's not even feasible to split the job into smaller and safer chunks. All in all, it is not trustable with larger and more important download jobs (for them, Waterfox with original DTA is my current option, until something better is brought to light).
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13482431, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenAbsolutely worthless add-on, I have no idea what people see in this, if I have to add a link manually for each download, might as well just click on them and have them download, I don't need a queue for that.
It can't even do a simple recursive link handling where it should be drilling down.
The interface is clumsy, the UI is a nightmare and should be used as an example of HOW NOT TO design a UI.
Garbage add-on, hope you weren't trying to harvest whatever info you are getting out of our browsers.
- von Jerry Photo 69, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenIt downloaded the download button. Once I finally got the link myself by copying it and pasting in a window, it started downloading the linked file. Only one thread, even though I set it to download 3 threads at a time. Tried to find a help page, there doesn't seem to be one...
- von Webuser_89, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenThis USED to be a GREAT program. I used it for years. I even gave them money for it in the past. But, this new iteration just isnt worth the effort to download. Too many features are too hard to try to change on the fly now that used to be so easy. I have disabled now and will go back to one of the other downloaders. There are several that are much better now that the s/w is so jacked up. OH! I also blame Mozilla for the crap-fest that the "New" Firefox Quantum is but I still think this version of DTA just adds to the stink. Find yourself a better extension.
- von Joan, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenI can't change download location for task, it use only the browser's default. I think this should be the very basic function of every download manager.