- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 17584644, vor 3 TagenGreat download manager if you ever thought FireFox's build-in download was too good and you want something more unstable which will makes you restart your downloads from zero again and again over the smallest bitrate drop...
Run away from this add-on
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 17412706, vor 7 TagenFEATURE REQUEST;
Renaming in the manager window! A few times I'll see downloads fail due to filenames, containing illegal characters or being too long, but there's no way to quickly just rename it within the manager window. When you have 1000s of downloads in a huge list, it isn't practical to go back and manually reopen each link to redownload, renaming within the manager window would be much much better!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Orlando Borrás, vor 25 TagenEs complemento para 5 estrellas. Lo he usado montones de veces por muchos años. Para conexiones rápidas y lentas ha resultdo ser lo esperado...
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Andy Mabbett, vor 2 MonatenImmensely useful tool, that I regularly use for downloading hundreds of out-of-copyright archival images, for transfer to Wikimedia Commons, and thence Wikipedia.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Erik, vor 2 MonatenWonderful tool. I've been using it only for a few days, and it has already saved me hours in prepping for various needs.
I like it so much that I just happily made a donation. When I came back here to write my review, I was surprised to see any reviews with one or two stars. Maybe they're due to older problems that were already fixed when I started using this just recently?
General notes (pros and cons):
--Let's say you need to download all of the .jpg files linked from a page that includes thumbnails: you will get the core files, but you'll also get the thumbnails from the source page. Unless whoever created the page named files in a way that makes it easy to exclude the thumbs. I personally don't see this as a major issue, since it just requires a bit of easy cleanup. But! If the developers could find a way to avoid this, that would be awesome.
--On that note, in terms of filtering how files might be named on any given website, I think the filtering tool in DTA is great, and super intuitive.
--I was a little confused by the reviews that said you can't choose where to save files. The caveat is that you need to identify a subfolder within your Downloads folder (I'm using it in Firefox on Windows), but that has been working perfectly for me (see the *asterisked note below). Sure, it would be nice to choose a folder location anywhere, but now that I think of it, *maybe* that means that the tool doesn't allow itself access to your general folders? I'm obviously speculating, but this feels really good to me vis-a-vis general information privacy.
--At the moment, I don't need to download video files anywhere, but out of curiosity, I tried using it to capture a video file from a site that masks the core file extensions. It didn't work. Firstly, that's fine. This tool makes no promises in that regard. But if you need to get an .mp4 from a site that doesn't make it obvious that it's an .mp4, you'll need another tool.
--------MEANING: If you're trying to download a video from a site that protects the content (likely for copyright reasons), even if you look at the source code on the page, they're not going to have something as simple as "video.mp4" embedded there. So I guess what I'm trying to say is: I know there are a lot of cats out there who want to use something like this to download whatever they want, but don't give the extension a bad review because it doesn't provide a loophole around international copyright law. Rate it on its merit. Cats on a cracker.
*asterisked note: Don't include a slash at the beginning of the filepath for your downloads sub-folder(s). For example, if you want to save to [Downloads]\subfolder\subsubfolder , just enter subfolder\subsubfolder in the "Subfolder" field when the DTA window pops up.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15337383, vor 3 MonatenРасширение ничего не скачивает кроме картинок и тому подобных файлов. Ни с одного сайта не смог скачать видео, каждый раз выдаёт ошибку. Бесполезное приложение. Улетает в помойку в след за DownloadHelper.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13297579, vor 3 MonatenСтавлю это расширение только по инерции от старого фаерфокса, когда оно умело разбивать загрузку на части и докачивать после обрыва связи. Теперь этот функционал утерян и даже нет возможности выбрать папку для загрузки. Тройка только за прошлые заслуги. А так - практически бесполезный аддон.