- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 6088424, vor 9 TagenI don't see the need for an addon that only sets the default zoom level. That can be done quickly and easily in Firefox settings. I was convinced to install it by the claim that it respects per site zoom levels. It has no effect on per site zoom levels on my machine running FF 103. They all revert to the default zoom level on shut down and restart of FF. Basically it only seems to do what can already be done in FF settings.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon robsku, vor einem JahrEVERYONE:
* Don't write to say it doesn't have "zoom text-only". It follows the Firefox option (From the menubar: View->Zoom->Text Only - or look it up in the Preferences).
* Always worked perfectly for me
The rest is a longer review and story about what happened to me with this and another zoom level addon - the addon does what it says, but I suggest checking if this, or "Fixed Zoom" is more what you're looking for. This is very small and does the one thing perfectly - Fixed Zoom is more configurable, but may cause confusion and be harder to use. Read the rest if you like.
The addon has worked perfectly for 2 years, but it's obsolete for me.
I'm giving you 5-stars, even though I wouldn't have remembered I even had this if I hadn't specifically went to Add-ons Manager to see if I had any other Zoom-related addons messing up my experience:
After finding this add-on and setting it at 150% I've much more recently found an addon to replace this - see, I wanted a custom zoom-level and per-site custom zoom-level's I could set myself (and if I just changed zooming, the next time it would be reset to how I've saved it). Fixed Zoom was the answer to my need - It allowed me to set a custom default zoom level, then add rules for specific domains (or even individual HTML-pages, regular expression matching, etc.) with their own zoom-level.
At one point I had switched on a beta-feature of auto-saving specific sites zoom-levels, not sure why as it wasn't what I wanted, I was probably tired and not thinking straight - and I had gathered a lot of crud in the list of custom zoom sites. And most were 150%, which seemed curious as it was my default as well. Or used to be - I had set it lower to 100% and after that sites with 150% zoom begun to get automatically added into list because of it. But I didn't understand why they were at 150% zoom level in the first place.
Now couple days ago I decided to delete all custom settings from Fixed Zoom and set the default to 100% - I quickly disabled the auto-save after manual zoom, cleared them again (between that I had already visited a couple sites and they all were added at 150% zoom). I didn't still understand where this 150% came from, I even suspected the Fixed Zoom still used the old setting and was acting up.
So, sites would load and jump to 150% - those I had set (there was three) individually to something other than 100% or 150% were shown at right zoom. Also, whenever I saw a 150% zoom level appear in the url-bar, I quickly clicked it and it seemed to reset it, but then another page on same site would jump back to 150%.
Finally (or so I thought) I found a default zoom-setting in Firefox Settings - AFAIK it's not added by any extension, but is now a feature of FireFox (but anyone reading this, if you don't see such setting then I'm obviously wrong!). But it wasn't set to 150% either! It was set to 133%, which was my default setting with this addon too at first. I set it to 100%, but didn't expect to fix my problem, as it didn't match my 150% issue.
Just couple hours later, almost having gone to Firefox support forums to post there I realized to check through my add-on's, and this was 2nd from top. I opened the preference tab, and what did I find? It was set to 150%!!
So your addon, after being overridden by Fixed ZooM, had still been there setting the default zoom-level to 150%, doing it's job so well that when I reset Fixed Zoom's default to 100%, I still kept getting 150%.
In other words, your addon worked so great, it almost drove me insane! :D
Still - unless it's yet another addon, Firefox already does seem to have a default zoom level in Preferences. Right below font-settings and above the language settings I have a default zoom setting and a checkbox for "Zoom Text Only". Edit: I had some thinking and I think that option used to be there already back when I installed this addon - and it probably didn't provide the kind of functionality one would expect; well, it's a thought.
Regardless, it did it's job, thank you! Also, appreciate the fact it's FOSS!
- this add-on is worth 5 stars, it works exactly as it claims even if it's only doing one thing and can't be configured for more complex things; it doesn't matter, it works perfectly for what it's meant to do.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Stephen, vor einem JahrEvery (rarely) once in a great while, in the 1's & 0's world someone will create something that is so outstanding it is in a world of its' own. This is an answer to a prayer from my wife and I. We are both elders afflicted with profound vision challenges. Giving the function of maintaining the Zoom value makes our laptop activities much more pleasant. Thanks again.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon uniquew, vor 2 Jahrennice that don't require any permission but is missing the button on the extensions space to change it quickly.
And should add option to zoom only the text not the entire page.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15604230, vor 3 JahrenTried multiple add-ons that I found first, promising to set default zoom level or upscaled font, none of which worked as intended. This works perfectly. Now I can stop squinting at text when I want to sit back and look at my monitor from afar. Thank you!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Cvcope, vor 3 JahrenHi, Jamie; your app Default Zoom is WONDERFUL. Thank you for making a VERY useful app that does what it should and is super easy to use. It was sOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating searching for a way to set and SAVE the Zoom I wanted. I got all sorts of ways to supposedly do this, but none of them worked. Your are the BEST!!!
—Richard Copeland (Encinitas, CA)