Bewertet mit 4,3 von 5 Sternen
4,3 von 5 Sternen
- von Oz, vor 6 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenFor me it is one of the best addons for firefox and I could not be without it. I use it for developing sites and store snippets.
Highly recommended if you're reusing snippets in your work.
- von livians, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenExcellent, closest thing to old Opera's Notes I've found so far.
1) Search option
2) Embedding site url from which clipping was taken (double clicking on clipping would open site)
- von Álvaro González, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenIt works as advertised, gets the job done and has some nifty advanced features. Kudos on that.
But, IMHO, the less polished part is actual snippet insertion (what you do most of the time). It provides a number of methods but most of them fail to feel really comfortable:
- Context menu forces you to browse several levels of nested menus.
- Keyword short-cuts force you to assign a key to every single clipping you want to use and you'd better learn it by heart (there's a help dialogue with the key list, but it needs to be invoked manually and has to be dismissed before you can actually insert anything).
- Toolbar button is possibly the best method, but it's fairly counter-intuitive to insert snippets from the Clippings Manager dialogue by double-clicking on their names, esp. when the dialogue necessarily covers the target text box.
Creating a new clip is almost easier than using it afterwards.
Last but not least, a "Sort by name" feature in the folder content-menu in Clippings Manager (just like Firefox itself has in Bookmarks Manager) would be really handy.
- von aklimatizer, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI installed this to assist me in filling in employment applications. I now just create clippings in relation to each previous employer (name, address, supervisor, reason for leaving, etc) and paste them right into the applications.
One of the things I really like is how you can organize each clipping into nested folders, and that you can drag/drop the folders easily to further organize them. I also like that I can backup and restore, or export and import in case my profile for firefox becomes corrupted.
I'd highly recommend this extension.
- von nickodemos, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI moderate a website and this has come in very handy. Before I had some scripts that would write what I needed but they usually ended up being complicated and if something did not work just right it would mess everything up.
Clippings has streamed-lined much of the day to day that I do for a simple pasting program. It adds some simple variable commands that I find handy. There are more that I would like but for some reason I found I can not post on the apps forums.
Only things right off that would be great addition is being able to add to the date option. I consistently find I need to add dates that are three days in advance. So something along the lines of $[date+3] would be a great addition to the program.
- von dardox, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenSupported languages: English (U.S.), Chinese (Simplified), Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Swedish, Ukrainian.
Why drop support for Russian language, when it will be?
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 7 JahrenThe translator for Russian was unavailable to complete the translations for the new user interface text for the new features in Clippings 4.0. It was decided to temporarily drop support for this locale until such time that the translation can be completed. There is no timeline yet on when this can be done. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 10159878, vor 8 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenFantastically useful if you post frequent similar mails to a large number of recipients - in other words probably if you run any sort of business.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 6903322, vor 8 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI use this for inventory management/entry and customer service for my business. The ability to assign blocks of text to each letter/number on the keyboard has saved 1000s of hours of typing. I would donate money to this company for sure.
- von Vsoul, vor 8 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenFor my mouse to psychically predict the verbiage I need is the only more useful alternative for this. Grin. A dreamy option idea: replace or enhance the context menu so JUST clicking the right mouse button (or other function/shortcut) shows clippings (perhaps not all?!? just special ones. heh) right there and then in the menu. That wouldn’t be useful for everyone, but it would for me. But yeah, this is a Fantastic extension.
- von mod_wastrel, vor 8 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenActual rating 4.5 stars (for storing data "outside" of Firefox).
May I suggest, instead of having 2 versions--one "regular" and one for Firefox Portable, just have one version with where data is stored being an option (much like other extensions do); or just always store it in the Fx profile folder (or a sub-folder therein, as almost all other extensions do) instead of the user's account folder.
Also, it would be nicer if left-clicking on the toolbar button opened the menu for selecting which clipping to insert (same as context selection) instead of the manager (which you can get to with a right-click).