Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 4 Jahren
It's not so much of an upgrade: Clippings had to be rewritten to be compatible with Firefox 57 and newer, which imposes new requirements for Firefox add-ons. Some features like the shortcut key list and colored labels didn't make it into Clippings 6, but will be considered for upcoming releases. I will continue to monitor feedback from other users before deciding on what to do with the search functionality in Clippings Manager (I assume this is the "search tool" you were talking about).
- von Phil, vor 6 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenSince the last update the text / textboxes in the placeholder dialogs are to big and its covering the buttons (OK / Cancel)
Edit: I created a bug report, hope i can help.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 6 MonatenThank you for bringing this up. Could you please open an issue in GitHub for the Clippings project (https://github.com/aecreations/clippings/issues)? Please provide details on Firefox version and operating system, and attach a screen shot. Thanks again!
- von denb10, vor 6 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenClippings is a very useful extension that works great.
However, I have two negative reviews (that earn it one star less):
1. The choices offered for the predefined "Formatted Date" placeholder are for English speakers only, they are not localized. This is a shame.
2. The setup of the sync clippings helper app requires administrator rights and the synchronization can only be activated by the user who installed the program. As a result, a standard user (who does not have administrator privileges) cannot synchronize his clippings. This is annoying.
Would it be possible to solve these two problems? Thank you!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16880933, vor 8 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenMakes my work hell a lot easier. I'm stuck with Firefox, because equivalent add-ons on different browsers don't work that great. <3
- von Phillip, vor 8 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis applet is fantastic. I use SolarWinds helpdesk and hate that SW doesn't have a signature option for ticket comments. Clippings has made it possible for me to quickly insert my custom signature on helpdesk tickets. It took me a bit of work to figure out where the Shortcut Key assignment options were buried (In Clippings Manager -> Tools -> Show/Hide -> Details Pane) but now that I have set up my shortcut key it's a quick 2-keystroke move.
I love it.
- von ethos, vor 10 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis is a very helpful addon. But it currently requires a standalone tool to realize syncing. Could firefox's built-in sync function be utilized? Thank you !
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 10 MonatenFirefox Sync doesn't have the ability to sync with Thunderbird. If you want to synchronize your clippings with Thunderbird or other Firefox installations, install the Sync Clippings Helper App: https://aecreations.sourceforge.io/clippings/sync.php