It is recommended to switch to a new clean profile (or at least delete 'localstore.rdf' from profile folder) to avoid UI issues after upgrading from Firefox 28 (and older) to Firefox 29 (and newer).
This add-on restores squared tabs, appbutton/appmenu (known from Firefox for Windows), bookmarks menu button, bookmarks sidebar button, history sidebar button and other buttons from Firefox 4-28 (non-Australis) on Firefox 29+ (Austalis UI - Windows, MacOSX, Linux). All buttons are fully optional. Some of them have to be moved to toolbars manually using browsers 'customize' area.Features & Settings (options window)
Features (not on options window)
- Curved tabs (Australis default)
- Squared tabs (classic)
- Squared tabs (classic) (v2)
- Squared tabs (australized)
- Curved tabs (alternative)
- Curved tabs (alternative Windows Aero)
- Tabs on top "true/false"
- Tabs on top, no [tabsontop] attribute (default)
- Tabs on top + [tabsontop="true"] attribute
- Tabs not on top + [tabsontop="false"] attribute
- Tabs in titlebar (Firefox about:config switch)
- Tabs max-width settings
- Tabs min-width settings
- Application button / application menu
- appbutton hidden
- appbutton on toolbars
- appbutton on toolbars (text only)
- appbutton on titlebar [Windows only]
- appbutton on titlebar (icon only) [Windows only]
- Application button / application menu color
- blue (Aurora)
- black (Nightly)
- blue (Palemoon)
- Alternative icons (if appbutton on toolbar)
- Higher button position (if on tabs toolbar) (Windows only)
- Hide appbutons background color and borders
- Add [iconsize="large"]/[iconsize="small"] attributes to #nav-bar
- Small navigation toolbar buttons
- Hide navigation toolbar
- Movable back-forward button
- Movable fullscreen controls (Windows)
- Star-button in urlbar
- Movable status-bar panel (CTR 1.1.8b3+)
- Hide urlbars stop & reload buttons
- Combine stop & reload buttons
- Findbar (default position)
- Findbar on top (forced)
- Findbar at the bottom (forced)
- Findbar on top (forced) (alternative)
- Findbar at the bottom (forced) (alternative)
- Icons / Text
- Show icons only
- Show large icons (experimental)
- Icons + text
- Icons + text v2 (less space between buttons)
- Text only
- Custom colors for tab backgrounds, text and text shadow
- Classic appmenu appearance for panel ui button on tabs toolbar
- Remove tab toolbars background fog (Windows AeroGlass)
- White color for some tab buttons (Windows)
- White color for tab text (Windows)
- Hide add-on bars close button
- Fix urlbars border-radius, if needed
- Alternative tab throbber animation images
- Hide bookmarks menu buttons animation
- Hide tab closing/opening animation (about:config switch)
- Hide 'downloads complete' animation (about:config switch)
- Always show 'tab close button'
- Compact panel menus (bookmarks, history...)
- CTR option buttons on customizing mode
- Enable/disable Add-on Bar (toolbar context menu)
- Toggle Add-on Bar using 'Ctrl + /' btw. 'Cmd + /'
- Add-on bars close button
- Enable/disable 'Additional Toolbar' (toolbar context menu)
- Flexible spaces
- Bookmarks menu button
- Bookmarks sidebar button
- History sidebar button
- Reload button
- Stop button
- Reduced urlbars min-width
- Reduced browser windows min-width
- Movable urlbar
- Movable PanelUI button
- Movable alltabs-button
- Movable webrtc-status-button
- Movable social-share-button
Classic tabs option replaces 'curved default tabs' with 'squared classic tabs'.
Tabs on MacOSX look more like Windows tabs with MacOSX colors than previous Mac tabs.Australis tabs (experimental, Windows Aero only)
Squared classic tabs colors combined with curved tabs.Tabs 'not' on top
Simulates the removed 'tabs.onTop=false' setting from about:config and places tabs below navigation toolbar. On MacOSX these tabs have reverse appearance like on pre-Australis builds.Application button / application menu settingsApplication menu titlebar button [Windows only]
The appmenu titlebar button is fixed on titlebars left side like on it was since Fx 4. It is enabled by default on Windows systems.Application menu toolbar button
The appmenu toolbar button is a default toolbar menu button and can be placed on any available toolbar.
If it is moved to tabs toolbar while the menubar is disabled, the appbutton appears on browsers titlebar (Windows only). Otherwise it appears like a default toolbar button placed on any toolbar.Application button colors
On tabs toolbar and on titlebar the appbutton can be colored orange, blue (Aurora), black (Nightly), transparent, blue (Palemoon), red, green and gray [in normal browsing mode] and purple [in private browsing mode] like on previous Windows browser versions.Note
The new appmenu is not an exact copy of the old one, but looks as original as possible. Some elements like 'splitmenu' are not available in Firefox Australis anymore, so menuitem and a submenu are placed in a row now. The appmenu also misses some non-cloneable menuitems inside developer- and options submenus.Small nav-bar buttons
Navigation toolbar buttons get alternative margins and paddings to simulate small icon view.Hide 'Navigation Toolbar'
Hiding nav-bar might be interesting after its items get moved to other toolbars.'Add-on Bar'
A toolbar at windows bottom simulates the 'old' add-on bar. All movable buttons and items can be placed on it. Add-on bar can be accessed through toolbars context menu (right-click on an existing toolbar) or can be toggled using 'Ctrl+/' (Windows/Linux) btw. 'Cmd+/' (MacOSX).'Additional Toolbar'
Another toolbar below top toolbars, where buttons and items can be moved to. It can be accessed through toolbars context menu (right-click on an existing toolbar).Findbar on top or at the bottom
Forces findbar to be displayed on top or at the bottom.Icons + text
Display text below toolbar buttons.Text only
Replace toolbar button icons with text.Bookmarks menu button
The bookmarks menu button is a default 'toolbar menu button'. On personal toolbar its label and icon are visible.Bookmarks sidebar button
The bookmarks sidebar button toggles the bookmarks sidebar.History sidebar button
The history sidebar button toggles the history sidebar.Back-forward, reload and stop buttons
Browsers default buttons got merged with urlbar and cannot be moved to different toolbar positions or to different toolbars. CTB recreates these buttons.Combined reload-stop button
Place stop and reload buttons in that order on any toolbar and enable the corresponding option on CTRs preference window. Hover the option on options window to get extra information.
Toolbar: [something]...[stop-button][reload-button]...[something]Spaces and flexible spaces
A couple of toolbar items simulate spaces and flexible spaces. They can be moved to toolbars like toolbar buttons using browsers customize menu.Windows - Linux - MacOSX
This add-on was tested on Windows 7 (AeroBasic, AeroGlass, Classic) & 8 & XP (Classic, Luna-Blue/Silver/Olive, Zune, Royale), Linux Mint KDE, Ubuntu and MacOSX 10.8/10.9. On other Systems or non OS-default themes tab colors may look wrong. Bookmarks, history, stop, reload, back and forward toolbar buttons use default OS icons (Firefox Windows icons on Windows systems, Firefox Mac icons on MacOSX and Firefox Linux icons on Linux systems).Known 'issues'/'glitches'/extra info
1) Application menus 'cut', 'copy' and 'paste' buttons do not always work like they should.
2) Switching between AeroGlass and AeroBasic on Windows 7/Vista can change application buttons position, if the menubar is disabled. Maximizing/restoring browsers main window or restarting Firefox reslves the problem. This glitch is caused by MS Windows and titlebars behavior and not by this add-on.
3) Tab colors on MacOSX fit to current ui instead of using pre-Australis colors. This is intended and not a bug.Notes
1) Do not install this add-on on pre-Australis Firefox (4-28). It is not intended to be used with older versions and will certainly break some parts of the UI or not work correctly at all.
2) This add-on was made for browsers default theme
and will certainly break parts of the UI especially tabs, if used along with Firefox themes or Personas, but additional buttons and their options could work fine (untested!).