Antwort von Martin Väth
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Speede-du-potar, vor 10 TagenSuper, ce module, il fait exactement ce que j'attendais. Plusieurs choix sont possibles pour marquer automatiquement les doublons (Dups) ou alors à la main.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon ineuw, vor 21 TagenI am very impressed, and agree about everything good and useful noted in the previous posts. Thanks.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13092167, vor 22 TagenUnpretentious and practical. When it finds duplicates it asks which to select (newest or oldest entry).
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Jayaram, vor 24 TagenAmazing extension!
Due to constant import/export from/to other browsers I had a total of 15k bookmarks.
This extension removed the dupes with a single click to 3k bookmarks within minutes.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 17790896, vor einem MonatSeems like there is a bug regarding capital vs non-capitalized folder names. After running the "Moved marked bookmarks to 'Dupes'" command, any of my folders with a non-capitalized name were left without any bookmarks in them. The non-capitalized folders were empty.
EDIT: User error, the plugin is working as intended!
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor einem MonatThere is certainly nothing hard-coded in the extension concerning any name pattern like capitalization. Maybe expert mode was used for selection in some way with some regular expression matching only capital letters?
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Art Sie Firefox Add-ons, vor 3 MonatenSuper! (and amazing that Firefox doesn't have this essential functionality buit-in!)
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon What???, vor 3 MonatenOne star because it doesn't scan ALL your bookmarks (across different folders and subfolders). Even then, it's not detecting duplicate urls within the same folder (most of the time).
In other words, you can have duplicate urls across many different folders but it won't detect them because it can only scan one bookmark folder at a time. There's no option to scan all folders.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 MonatenThis claim is incorrect; all bookmarks are compared, of course, and folders have no influence at all to the comparison (in non-expert mode).
If you intentionally want, you can trigger behavior similar to the one you described by using replacement rules in "Expert Mode". I assume that you had "Expert Mode" open when you looked for dupes; if you do that, all example rules from that mode are applied simultaneously which is probably never what you want.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Zia, vor 4 MonatenJust removed duplicate bookmarks using this add-on..
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Venkat, vor 4 MonatenGreat nifty tool. Very fast and accurate.
Need to understand the options once we run the Bookmarks DUPES.
Options to mark the duplicates in many ways.
For a huge volume of bookmark duplicates use one of the intuitive 'marking' options.
(Example in each duplicate group, select all but latest).
We can also manually choose and remove but when faced with a huge volume better to leverage the tool.
It also creates a "Dupes' folder we can move (similar to Recycle Bin on a computer) before permanently removing or choose to directly remove. As the Add-on warns, once removed there is no way to get back. But that is how it works. (It is like when we empty recycle bin)
Awesome tool. Kudos to the creator (s)