- von Liam, vor 5 MonatenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenIt does not completely block a website. I blocked a website with the addon and that blocked site still could leave some cookies on my browser. So, the addon still allows a blocked website to establish a connection, although a short one, still enough time to leave cookies. If you look for an extension that completely blocks any connection so a website won't find out your IP address, that one ain't doing it for you.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14168767, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenIf you check your browser performance with - about:performance , you'll see this extension constantly using CPU in the background. Why? Uninstalling..
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14146491, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenHelp me if you can , cause my rating could be much higher but I am unsure if this is what the app does (delete list of blocked sites or was it human error - something I did ). Like clearing the cache , deleting history in browser etc..? I have no idea why my list got deleted.When I first installed it I started using it immediately and it was great. I would have sites try and pop up but he software diverted it to a blank page that said "no way Jose" . You can divert the block site to a blank page , motivational quotes. It was great and it was blocking a lot. Then if I had an address (url) that did not have a blockedsite Icon (mostly pop ups) I manually blocked it by opening Blockedsite app and clicking on "edit Blocked Site list" then just adding the site I wanted to block. When I clicked enter and it shows up on my list of blocked sites. It usually shows a long list of sites I blocked , And it was working , blocking sites that I manually added under but today I went to blockedsite directly again to block a site I had to enter manually and my entire list of BlcokedSites was gone except for 2 entries I added tonight , added by simply clicking the icon and clicked on the big button that says "Block Site" ! What's the point of making a list of sites to block when the list disappears just like that. Anyways if you can help me I would really appreciate it, since I want to use it continue using the app but if the list will disappear daily or whenever I will uninstall this app. my e-mail is email@example.com
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14154519, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenThere probably is a way to use this Add-on correctly, but it is counterintuitive at the very least.
* Setting schedule doesn't work. The websites were blocked outside the specified time intervals as well.
* All the symbols in the redirect link are lowercased, so the user can't redirect to Google Docs, Pastebin and all the other websites with case-sensitive URLs.
* What is this WorkMode timer? Hopefully something useful, but no explanation provided.
* Whitelist mode is very weird. I would expect two separate lists -- white and black -- however, here there is just a single list and the user chooses whether to block the websites from it or only allow the listed websites, so switching between blacklist and whitelist mode is a big hassle.Hi, thank you so much for your detailed review!
1. We are not aware of any issues with the schedule. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.
2. A fix to the issue with the redirect link will be released in the next version! :)
3. Work Mode allows you to focus for 25 minutes and then take a break for 5 minutes. You can build a separate block list just for Work Mode.
4. We are also working on improving the whitelist feature so there will be 2 separate lists, as you suggested.
Thank you again!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13605220, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenIf a script launches a new window, BlockSite does nothing to stop it. Also, it seems that the website is very specific, there doesn't seem to be a way to specify a wildcard.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13981410, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenSi al quererla desinstalar pidiera la contraseña... seria genial... pero de nada sirve la protección si con solo desactivarla o desinstalarla facilmente se quita dicha proteccion
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13887330, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenSeems pretty leaky. So far I've listed about twenty or thirty sites (porn, online trading, shopping etc) that have been parasiting my streaming experience, but many of them are still getting through.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13500001, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenIt blocked some sites but the process to block a site is ridiculous. Sorry. I want to support the developers but I found using this plugin really cumbersome.
- von ro0ter, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenYou really have to be spot-on with the website... if for instance you want to block the nosy "profitshare.ro", simply adding that name won`t work since they use subdomains... now the`re at letter "l" (Lima)... so you`ll have to exactly add "l.profitshare.ro"... wildcards don`t work........