- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Cees Timmerman, vor 7 MonatenTried to make Firefox faster by discarding my hundreds of other tabs, but those seem to be turned into ash now instead of reloading on click.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon firedoge, vor 9 MonatenNot actually that useful. Storing Tabs in RAM may be faster on your Machine.
It depends on your bottleneck, do you have 4GB of RAM, use that Addon.
Do you have a slow Wifi card and processor, dont use it, as sites reload more often.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon smayer97, vor einem JahrReally appreciate this add-on BUT somewhat buggy add-on... Discarded tab often does not stay discarded.
And if use the "Open a temporary blank page when all tabs in an inactive window are discarded (to be able to discard the active tab on this window)", the discarded tabs often revert back to loaded tabs after a while (within about 20-30 mins in my experience), especially when you use the Discard All Tabs or are discarding the last loaded tab in a window. UGH!
[Edit Jan 25, 2023 - Will this ever get fixed???]
Also, why not use the technique The Great Suspender used (only available or
Chrome)? Instead of a new tab to suspend the last one, it was able to suspend in place.... much more elegant and does not create new tabs.
[EDIT: Jan 28, 2023 - Meanwhile, I just figured out a workaround to stop the discarded tabs from re-loading under the above use-case... When discarding the last tab loaded, Auto Tab Discard opens a "blank" tab page to accomplish this. But AFTER such a discarded tab reloads, that tab/page automatically closes again and the discarded tab reloads. SO AFTER that tab reloads (and the blank tab is closed), simply press COMMAND-SHIFT-T. This will bring back the blank page and discard the last tab again. BUT THIS TIME the discarded tab WILL discarded.
This might give a clue on how to fix this?
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Maciej543, vor einem JahrIt's all too buggy. It keeps suspending pinned tabs which are also added to the exception list, or it will randomly suspend tabs in less time than was set.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon ase, vor 2 Jahrensettings page is a complete mess and exact funtionality is very unclear. immediately suspends some tabs as soon as they're clicked away from, never suspends others.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon kelendral, vor 2 JahrenThe description makes claims that are not so true in the current FF environments (other unloaders don't actually unload) that are easily verified in about:performance and about:memory. Checking those, one can see if the other unloaders work or not.
Annoyingly it does something no other unloader I have tried so far does, marks every tab it unloads as 'updated' in the same way as if the tab had an autorefresh or notification. This makes every tab it unloads look as though a message is pending if you highlight such in any way. UNLOADING SHOULD NOT MARK A TAB AS UPDATED!
Last it misses tabs that based on the setting should most definitely be unloaded. Sometimes even duplicates of the same tab (thus confirming no rule conflicts as it unloads some but not other duplicate identical content tabs).
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Redbeard, vor 4 JahrenIt worked for a few hours, then it spontaneously wiped all its own settings and it now seems unable to save any new ones, so the addon no longer functions. The "Factory Reset" button doesn't work either (yes I'm dbl-clicking it).
Debugging notwithstanding, there's not much I can do but remove it.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Dypsis, vor 4 JahrenMany of my Bookmarks have the discarded favicon permanently. I have tried removing the Bookmarks, and re-adding them, but it continues to display the faded favicons with the dot. I have tried clearing cache and even uninstalling this extension. How do I fix it? Edit: I have had to disable this extension for now before it screws all my favicons up. And Mozilla has this listed as a "Featured Extension". I am now using Dormancy.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Blazer, vor 5 JahrenDoesn't work at Waterfox https://www.waterfoxproject.org/
This browser like Firefox 56. Maybe there is a version of the add-on suitable for this browser? What happens in the current extension - The add-on is installed, I can change the settings, but in work, when you try to freeze all the tabs, nothing happens.
Other addons from Firefox (until 54 version) working perfect.