Bewertet mit 3,8 von 5 Sternen
3,8 von 5 Sternen
- von Fejinwales, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenWhile it worked!I don't know when it happened as I very rarely add or delete any bookmarks but today I deleted a few 'oldies' and moved a few misplaced ones and noticed that they were not alphabetized as they should have been. I restarted FF and checked the settings in Auto-Sort, nothing was amiss. It just stopped working so I removed it. I might try it again in a few months if there is an update.
EDIT in answer to developer:
I am currently using FF 23.0.1 and I use Windows 7 Pro 64bit
I had set no delay and checked the settings to make sure
There were no errors in the console, everything seemed fine
Only the bookmarks and folders were to be sorted and not the toolbar.
However, like I said, it has been a long time since I changed any of my bookmarks so this could have happened quite a while ago, all of them were still alphabetically organized, except the ones I moved and new ones added.
I just re-installed it did the settings I had before and it did not sort the bookmarks, also did not sort any new ones I added as a test.
All my setting as follows:
Auto-sort - onDelay - 0
Delay for Folders - 30
Sort Bookmarks Menu - on
Sort Bookmarks Toolbar - off
Sort Unsorted Bookmarks - on
Sort by - Name
Inverse - off
Then Sort By None
Inverse second order - off
Folder Sort Order - 3
Linkmark Sort Order - 2
Smart Bookmark Sort Order - 4
Bookmark Sort Order - 1
all display options are selected as onWhich Firefox version and operating system do you use?
Do you know there is now a delay before sorting bookmarks and folder?
Did you wait for this delay (or did you adjust the delay)?
Are there any errors in the firefox console related to this extension?
- von Firefox-Benutzer 5819720, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenFor the most part this is a great add-on. It works as advertised.
However, I wish there was an option to exclude certain folders, or custom options for certain folders. For the most part I prefer to sort by alphabetical order, however on some folders I would prefer to either not sort or sort on most used.
- von Gods13thWarrior, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis extension works great. I have been manually sorting my bookmarks. Now it is done automatically. I have used it and must say it sorts correctly. There are many options to tailor this extension to do almost everything you need it to do. Give it a try.
- von luc, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI'm so glad there is a functioning replacement for SortPlaces. I was completely addicted to it. The most important thing for me is the ability to sort by URL, so items from the same site are grouped together. All Firefox has built in is sorting by name, which is pathetic. Firefox should really come with more bookmark sorting options. I actually don't use the auto-sort behavior, but the ability to sort them on demand is critical. Two suggestions: 1. A message that tells you when sorting is completed. 2. More levels of sorting. Currently there are only two.
- von Cyberian75, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat Add-On as a replacement for SortPlaces (since version 2.0.2)! Works great under FF 23 as described.
Suggestion: Please add an option for excluding specified folders.
- von Godpiou, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenVersion 2.1 works perfectly in my PC i.e. i7, WIN 7 64 bits, with any theme or Personnas (I tried about 15 of them). So, from now, I only have good words for "Auto-sort Bookmarks" !!!
- von joebt, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenHaven't used it extensively - esp. in Fx 23. Basic sorting seems to work.
Don't use some of more advanced features - yet.
DEFINITELY need to fix so can remove the icon from addon bar. Can drag it away to the "icon stash" box, during customize, but next Fx restart, icon is back in addon bar.
Descriptions of settings in the options UI are helpful.
- von hurdingkatz, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenCurrent version has pluses and a minus.
The pluses are the increased sort options and delays, which gives the add-on increased flexibility.
The minus (for a limited audience) is the effect this version has on the "automatic" number of columns set by the Multicolumn Bookmarks add-on. While I appreciate the third column (everything seemed to appear on screen), I lost any control over scrolling the listings horizontally (I discovered a fifth column off screen). With 2 columns, it scrolled vertically, and there were controls at the top and bottom of the window. The previous version of Auto-Sort Bookmarks integrated completely with Multicolumn Bookmarks. That is not the case now. Too bad.
When looking at extension, I want them not only to play well with the browser's native features, but with each other, as well.I've just made some tests with the Multicolumn Bookmarks add-on and it seems to have this bug everytime you add an item to the bookmarks menu (even a bookmark).
Please try to add a bookmark to the bookmarks menu and see if you get the same bug.
If you don't get the same bug, please tell me which Firefox version and operating system do you use.
Anyway, you can remove the menu item added by Auto-Sort Bookmarks by disabling the "Show the menu item in the bookmarks menu" option.
Unless you don't get this bug in the aforementioned case, I will not be able to fix this.
- von wtd3, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenLike old version before update. Seems to be more confusing, but still a great add-on! Need ablity to remove icon in status bar at the bottom of browser. Will not stay "removed" when customizing the status bar. May an option like a check box to show/hide icon in status bar?
- von Firefox-Benutzer 7060089, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThe auto-sorting this add-on brings should really just be integrated into Firefox itself. If you have a large number of bookmarks, folders, and feeds there aren't very many options for organizing well otherwise. Firefox does have a sorting feature in the bookmark menu but it can't sort items by name AND type. This plugin can do that and it keeps you from having to open the bookmark menu every few days to reshuffle things.
I saw a few users complain about not being able to turn sorting off. It can be toggled on/off by going to this add-on's preference menu. Switching auto-sort on/off does not require a restart.
My bookmark ocd is now getting better, thanks to this great add-on!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 10029686, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenGreat idea but verging on unusable :(As someone else mentioned, it makes it impossible to add a new bookmark in a new folder. It gets in the way, and auto sorts as soon as I click New Folder, so the new folder gets made, but I don't get to name it because that folder isn't selected any more (it selects the last one in the same folder instead).It seems to have slowed down using the bookmarks too, though it's hard to be sure because Firefox is very erratic anyway. Possibly it's sorting at other times that are inappropriate?Okay, I thought, I can just disable the plug in and enable it to do sorting when I need to - no longer automatic but still useful. The problem with that is I need to restart Firefox to do it, which takes ages, of course.I think this could be a great add-on, once the problem has been fixed.I still use Firefox ESR 10.0.4, so the problem is not just with the most recent versions....The review box I'm filling in says "Please do not post bug reports in reviews", and that's exactly what I'm doing. I don't see any way to submit a bug report. The bug is the reason I don't find this useful, in its current form. It belongs in the review, IMHO.
Unfortunately, I can't try the improvement in 2.0.2 because when I try to install it I get a message saying "Not available for Firefox 10.0.4" (the ESR version I use). Updating the add-on would now mean updating Firefox, which would mean "updating" my OS from the relatively stable Windows 2000 I use to at least XP.
- von teru, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI have too huge size of bookmarks containing multiple duplicates made from bookmark sync errors by Xmarks sync or Firefox sync, and unable to sort manually. This kind of add-on is very useful such helpless situations.Very much thanks!! But I want more additional actions for merging same name folders, eliminating meaningless separators, empty folders, and duplicating bookmarks. Please make improvements!!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 3304250, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThe user should be the first to choose whether his/her bookmarks are sorted as this could mess things up if manually organised. I turn off Autosort and only use CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S / UI button to trigger a manual sort.
- von fallingup79, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenCan you make it where the bookmark toolbar isn't auto-sorted by default?
Thanks for making this! :)In version 2.0.2, the extension ask the user a confirmation before activating the auto sorting option so that you can change other options before activating the auto sort option.
- von bwProductions, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenWith options to disable the auto-sorting of bookmarks bar subfolders and the bookmarks menu root (so I can manually sort my unfiled bookmarks by the order in which I plan to tackle them), this would be a five-star add-on. I look forward to upgrading my rating in the future!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 6630099, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThe extension works as it should. But the fact that the first time it runs it sorts all your bookmarks -included those of the Bookmarks toolbar- makes it somewhat dangerous if you want to keep the manual order of some bookmarks. Later you can disable the sorting of the Bookmarks toolbar's bookmarks, but it forces you to restore your bookmarks, either with the automatic backup done every day by Firefox, or by a manual import.
UPDATE: on last versions the autosort function need to be activated, solving the problem of unwanted sorting of the Bookmarks toolbar. You get now 5 starts!
- von MilesCh, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenThought your add-on would be the ultimate solution, but it's use is negated by a huge factor: When I drag a tab to the BM side folder and into the folder of choice, it is immediately placed in alpha order and is difficult to locate. This necessitates searching for it as the tab title nor the name in the search field may not be accurate. Once found I usually need to change the name to where the 1st word in alpha order has has significance..
What happens is after the name is changed it is again immediately auto moved and this is very very slow and the wait is forever. (Not certain if this could be related to another program reading the BM list such as Google, but I haven't been able to find any connection to BM's in Google.)
What is needed is to add a time delay into the movement from when the BM is 1st brought in until it is in fact moved, so that it can be located and renamed. Presumably this could be a choice in the options. Secondly why is FF so very slow after renaming and nothing can be done until after the BM is auto moved which can be up to a minute? This is very disconcerting when bringing in several BM's one after the other (such as when several tabs are to be bookmarked), and has caused me to disable the auto move in options which really defeats the purpose of the add-on.How many bookmarks do you have and what are the specs of your computer?
In the first versions of this extension, there were significant speed problems, but I managed to speed up the extension.
Are you using the last version?
My speed test is to import 1000 folders with 1000 bookmarks in each folder.
With this test, on my computer, Firefox is still usable while it is importing the bookmarks.
I thought this test had enough bookmarks for most use case.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 6881396, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenDangerous! For the second time I find all the separators arranged together and all the bookmarks they separated put together -- nicely alphabetized, but no organization.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 6852176, vor 7 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenI had to disable this extension. It blocks you from naming a new bookmark folder in Firefox 18.0 when using "Bookmark this Page" and then using "Choose" under Folder. Otherwise, would be a usefull add-on.